ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 24
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Jacobs all 22 breakdown discussion
O.city 11:14 AM 10-01-2019
Figured we could have a thread breaking some stuff down from his films and discuss.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:38 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It worked.

The Patriots didn't adjust to the overload at all. That play breaks open for 40+ if you look at it from the reverse angle.

Reid put clownshoes on BB there and it was his long-snapper not getting the memo that blew the whole thing. 4th and 1, 4th and 40 - neither would have made a difference because the snapper blew the call. So bitch all you want about the down and distance, but the call was right - BB didn't see it coming even a little and it was the execution error of a single player (who had ONE ****ING JOB) that tanked it.
That is the problem. You can’t shoot yourself in the dick against that team or they will come back and kill you most of the time.

We were fortunate enough that the TD that should have been was taken off the board when their receiver was in bounds.

The fact of the matter is it didn’t work because once again Andy’s team was not prepared. It’s why we lost to them last time (hello Dee Ford).

I like aggressive Andy, but there’s a time and a place. Going for it early in Denver last year on 4th and 1 on your own 35 in Denver to start the game? No problem. 4th and 19 in that situation? Take the loss there.

We came uncomfortably close to losing that game bc of that fuck up. We won so it’s not a big deal.

All I ask is please, for the love of God...don’t go for 4th and long again unless you have to.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:08 AM 12-10-2019
We could’ve lost that game to number of things. That play, Mahomes sucking in the second half, Kelce fumbled, Reid’s ability to turtle up when he’s ahead. But the defense won that game for sure
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:21 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We could’ve lost that game to number of things. That play, Mahomes sucking in the second half, Kelce fumbled, Reid’s ability to turtle up when he’s ahead. But the defense won that game for sure
Reid also didn't turtle - Mahomes did.

Kelce came uncovered on a dagger play that Mahomes just didn't unload. And it wasn't as though Reid was just running the ball up the gut every time, he dialed up pass plays even with his QB having trouble gripping the ball.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:23 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That is the problem. You can’t shoot yourself in the dick against that team or they will come back and kill you most of the time.

We were fortunate enough that the TD that should have been was taken off the board when their receiver was in bounds.

The fact of the matter is it didn’t work because once again Andy’s team was not prepared. It’s why we lost to them last time (hello Dee Ford).

I like aggressive Andy, but there’s a time and a place. Going for it early in Denver last year on 4th and 1 on your own 35 in Denver to start the game? No problem. 4th and 19 in that situation? Take the loss there.

We came uncomfortably close to losing that game bc of that fuck up. We won so it’s not a big deal.

All I ask is please, for the love of God...don’t go for 4th and long again unless you have to.
His defense came out breathing hot fire. The offense short-circuited for most of the day but I don't think there were a myriad of execution failures (apart from simply having bad players on the IOL).

I think it's complete lunacy to say "Andy Reid didn't have his players prepared" - he absolutely did. Those guys hit the field ready to play thoroughly outclassed the Patriots.

But a long-snapper didn't snap the ball to the right guy. Has any coach in the history of the game EVER not been responsible for every loss then? Because seriously, there's nothing Andy can do other than tell his snapper "Hey, listen to the playcall, bud..."

You're gonna put a snapper fucking up a fake on Andy as demonstrative of the team being 'unprepared' on a day the team writ large outplayed the Patriots by a significant margin?

That's absurd.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:28 AM 12-10-2019
His defense came out breathing hot fire. The offense short-circuited for most of the day but I don't think there were a myriad of execution failures (apart from simply having bad players on the IOL).

I think it's complete lunacy to say "Andy Reid didn't have his players prepared" - he absolutely did. Those guys hit the field ready to play thoroughly outclassed the Patriots.

But a long-snapper didn't snap the ball to the right guy. Has any coach in the history of the game EVER not been responsible for every loss then? Because seriously, there's nothing Andy can do other than tell his snapper "Hey, listen to the playcall, bud..."

You're gonna put a snapper fucking up a fake on Andy as demonstrative of the team being 'unprepared' on a day the team writ large outplayed the Patriots by a significant margin?

That's absurd.
If there’s any possible way to blame Reid, he will.

Ford lines up offsides = Andy didn’t have him prepared :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 11:48 AM 12-10-2019

You're gonna put a snapper ****ing up a fake on Andy as demonstrative of the team being 'unprepared' on a day the team writ large outplayed the Patriots by a significant margin?

That's absurd.
You’re proving my point.

The margin for error against that team, especially in NE, is very small. One fuck up could bury you.

That fuck up put them back in the game. Despite us dominating them, that one error cascaded into a snowball effect that ultimately put them 5 yards from evening the score at 23 at the end.

There were some miscommunications. Andy has to have the game plan outlined for his team so that shit doesn’t happen and everyone is on the same page.

Something like that could be devastating next month. Fortunately we won.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:57 AM 12-10-2019
Good God Ware just destroys this poor soul

We all in this together. #TeamWin #Eyesontheswivel #FoWhat #ItsWorth https://t.co/YP7SRhCrha

— Spencer Ware (@spenceware11) December 9, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:10 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You’re proving my point.

The margin for error against that team, especially in NE, is very small. One fuck up could bury you.

That fuck up put them back in the game. Despite us dominating them, that one error cascaded into a snowball effect that ultimately put them 5 yards from evening the score at 23 at the end.

There were some miscommunications. Andy has to have the game plan outlined for his team so that shit doesn’t happen and everyone is on the same page.

Something like that could be devastating next month. Fortunately we won.
"Call fake...make sure punter hears call...."

You think he needed to put that on a !@#$ing whiteboard?

This is the most baseline possibility imaginable. If on a play Reiter hears "Hut!", stands straight up and fires a ball into the linebackers chest, it would only be slightly stranger than the long-snapper missing the friggen call on a fake punt. Oh and buy the way - that's on TOUB!

Again, if you're going to cite a long-snapper not snapping to the right guy as an indictment of Andy Reid, then there is literally not one single thing that has EVER gone wrong on a football field that you shouldn't be blaming on the head coach.

Because you've changed your argument mid-stream. You've gone from 'this is tactically foolish' to 'Andy should've had his team ready' because both are easily dissected. It most assuredly was not foolish - if one guy does the easiest job that anyone on that field had, the play goes off huge and the Chiefs coast. And to say the team wasn't ready to play because Andy didn't go through and tell his long-snapper "hey - gonna need you to listen to the playcall today, m'kay?" is an even worse reach than that.

You're essentially saying that the head coach of a team who went on the road and defeated the previously 10-2 defending world champions didn't have his team ready to play and was tactically inept.

That's. Fucking. Insane.

Reid had his guys ready to play. One guy missed a call - it happens. Reid made a brilliant and completely unexpected call there that opened up well, risky as it was. One guy missed the call.

If your position is that every mistake by a player is a result of the head coach 'not having his guys ready' then I don't know what to tell you. And if your position is that every playcall needs to take into consideration that the most fundamental element of the game (literally the first thing that has to happen for the game to proceed) may just fail, then you should probably just take knees every play at that rate.
[Reply]
O.city 12:53 PM 12-10-2019

The run is here for the taking on the backside. The key will be Reiter holding his reach block with Duvernay-Tardif and Schwartz getting the back side combo to linebacker. Reiter can’t hold his block so they lose a big gain chance. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/LNaMhzv3U9

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) December 10, 2019

Reiter isn't good
[Reply]
O.city 12:54 PM 12-10-2019

Breeland INT was 6 Mable, not man coverage.

Mable call on motion to 3x1 means weak CB is MEG on #1, strong CB is man ONLY on vertical. Edelman releases under LB depth. Hitchens collisions #3 and works back to #1. Ragland collision #2. Breeland zone over #2 to jump the route. pic.twitter.com/yZUiku2nlY

— Craig Stout (@barleyhop) December 10, 2019

[Reply]
-King- 01:20 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm to the point where I'm ready to cut Winchester that's 2 fuckups in a month for a longsnapper that's to much.
Yeah you can't have two major fuckups (one that costs the team the game) when you basically only have one job.

I don't even get how you forget to snap the ball to the right person. Does he have the strongest case of muscle memory ever?
[Reply]
jjjayb 01:20 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
So with this all 22 tape. Why would any team need to send a cameraman to a press box to shoot film.

Asking for a friend
Because the all 22 is showing the field. The cheatriots were taping the coaches and their signals.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:24 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

So as Jacobs brings up, I think they were trying to run the same fake they ran in Atlanta a few years ago where Wilson ran for a TD. It was there too.
Illegal formation... The Pats had a defender within 1 yard of the LOS lined up inside the pads of the Winchester...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:42 PM 12-10-2019
Reid also didn't turtle - Mahomes did.

Kelce came uncovered on a dagger play that Mahomes just didn't unload. And it wasn't as though Reid was just running the ball up the gut every time, he dialed up pass plays even with his QB having trouble gripping the ball.
I had the same argument with srvy. People just want to be mad and resort to a tired, inaccurate narrative because they don't know any better.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 01:52 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Reiter isn't good
Reiter is terrible. I also think Ware didn't need to bend that back.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 24
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up