ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 24
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Jacobs all 22 breakdown discussion
O.city 11:14 AM 10-01-2019
Figured we could have a thread breaking some stuff down from his films and discuss.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It was 4th and 19. I can’t believe Andy tried that bullshit from his own 35, no less going for a fake on 4th and 19.

So basically we were up 23-7 and Andy let them back in the game.
"WHY DOES ANDY GET SO CONSERVATIVE!!?!?!?"

{dials up super-aggressive fake punt that broke open easily and would have worked but/for the fucking long snapper, who has one job that he's botched miserably twice now this year, vapor-locking}

"FUCKING STUPID ANDY LET THEM BACK IN IT!!!!"

Some people just gotta have something to bitch about, man.

I love the aggressive mentality. And it WORKED. That thing broke wide the hell open and could've easily been a TD that ended that game right then and turned this into a route that demoralized the Pats.

But the long-snapper blew it and suddenly Andy's an idiot for it.

Got it.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:08 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

{dials up super-aggressive fake punt that broke open easily and would have worked but/for the fucking long snapper, who has one job that he's botched miserably twice now this year, vapor-locking}

I love the aggressive mentality. And it WORKED. That thing broke wide the hell open and could've easily been a TD that ended that game right then and turned this into a route that demoralized the Pats.

Got it.
RunKC will always find a way to bitch about Reid. He was already preparing early in the game to roll with his typical Reid narrative (GDT). Just look at his sig. He clearly has a fucking agenda. He’ll go as far as to blame Reid for shit like Ford lining up offsides. It’s ridiculous.
[Reply]
O.city 10:10 AM 12-10-2019
So do you want Andy to be aggressive or not? I mean, it can't go both ways here fellas. His QB has a busted up hand and is playing a super aggressive defense. He went for a killshot and looking at the formation, it probably works.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:11 AM 12-10-2019
I'm to the point where I'm ready to cut Winchester that's 2 fuckups in a month for a longsnapper that's to much.
[Reply]
O.city 10:12 AM 12-10-2019
Nevermind, I see Dj beat me to it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:13 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Got it.
Imagine it had worked and actually gone for a TD. The narrative would be that Andy simply out coached BB.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:16 AM 12-10-2019
When Albert Wilson did it, it was 4th and 1. 4th and 19.... WOW.

I'm a big supporter of Reid's and even if I think that was nuts.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:19 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
RunKC will always find a way to bitch about Reid. He was already preparing early in the game to roll with his typical Reid narrative (GDT). Just look at his sig. He clearly has a ****ing agenda. He’ll go as far as to blame Reid for shit like Ford lining up offsides. It’s ridiculous.
I just gave Reid a ton of credit for hiring Spags yesterday :-)

Some of you guys are hilarious man. Holy shit. It’s a failure in situational football and there’s no debating that.

-4th and 19 from 35
-Leading 23-7
-Patriots offense stalled all night. Only scored due to trickery
-5 mins left in the 3rd quarter

Andy has some giant ass balls to try to run a fake punt on 4th and 19 against the best coached team in the league. 4th and 5? Sure I don’t have a problem with that. But 4th and NINETEEN?! What are the odds of pulling that off against a Bill Belichick team in the first place? 5%? Maybe not even that?

That was not in any way smart, and that won’t change no matter how many times you want to suck off Reid for that.

It was 100% a retarded decision.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:20 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm to the point where I'm ready to cut Winchester that's 2 fuckups in a month for a longsnapper that's to much.
Yeah, I mean.....when does this become Lin Elliott territory?

He'd missed 3 of 4 FGAs in weeks 13 through 15 and amazingly managed to miss 3 of 7 XPs over that span when they were at the gimme distance.

He was clearly erratic. But because he was solid the year before and had earned the 'trusted veteran' label, we didn't do what we probably should've done and cut his ass. It worked out poorly.

I don't know if Winchester is thinking about tractors, tits or pickup trucks out there but goddammit he CANNOT vapor-lock like that twice in a month. I think the Chiefs would be wholly justified in bringing a couple LSs in for workouts this week and if they can get the job done, it may be time to consider moving on from Mr. Winchester.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:22 AM 12-10-2019

Some of you guys are hilarious man. Holy shit. It’s a failure in situational football and there’s no debating that.

-4th and 19 from 35
-Leading 23-7
-5 mins left in the quarter

Andy has some giant ass balls to try to run a fake punt on 4th and 19 against the best coached team in the league.

That was not in any way smart, and that won’t change no matter how many times you want to suck off Reid for that.

You can sit there and point to the down and distance all you want, but it would’ve easily worked.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:23 AM 12-10-2019
Yeah that is really frustrating because that would have been an awesome play. Not just for the game but it would have really represented how little respect we had for their offense and that we were ready to put them down once and for all and show we are officially better and no longer concerned with them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 12-10-2019

-4th and 19 from 35
-Leading 23-7
-5 mins left in the 3rd quarter

Andy has some giant ass balls to try to run a fake punt on 4th and 19 against the best coached team in the league. 4th and 5? Sure I don’t have a problem with that. But 4th and NINETEEN?! What are the odds of pulling that off against a Bill Belichick team in the first place? 5%? Maybe not even that?

It worked.

The Patriots didn't adjust to the overload at all. That play breaks open for 40+ if you look at it from the reverse angle.

Reid put clownshoes on BB there and it was his long-snapper not getting the memo that blew the whole thing. 4th and 1, 4th and 40 - neither would have made a difference because the snapper blew the call. So bitch all you want about the down and distance, but the call was right - BB didn't see it coming even a little and it was the execution error of a single player (who had ONE FUCKING JOB) that tanked it.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:27 AM 12-10-2019
And who the fuck is trying to “suck off Reid for that”?

Nobody is sucking of Reid for it, but we damn sure aren’t going to bash him for being aggressive when it would’ve worked.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:29 AM 12-10-2019
Are we sure that would have gone for a 1st? Neimann takes his first couple shuffles backward like he’s blocking for a punt. If that’s a run to the left side, he needs to get upfield and pave the way for Lucas.

Looks like everyone’s on a different page.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Yeah that is really frustrating because that would have been an awesome play. Not just for the game but it would have really represented how little respect we had for their offense and that we were ready to put them down once and for all and show we are officially better and no longer concerned with them.
Also not something Run is considering.

Reid has no expectation when he calls it that his damn LS would simply miss the playcall, get the stupid thing blocked and have it end up in our red zone. At worst he's gotta be figuring that we get stuff at/near the line and up 16 points against an offense that has done NOTHING against us to that point, we can probably hold them to another long FG attempt and the risk is worth the reward.

But again - just WTF exactly can he do when he calls a play and the long-snapper doesn't get it? There's literally NO circumstance where that play wouldn't have been a disaster at that point.

There's nothing Reid can do about the fact that Winchester missed the damn playcall. And there's likely no score or spot on the field where that play could've been run (with again, your snapper missing the damn call) where Run doesn't bitch about it.

I'm mostly just frustrated that we put it on tape now and fucking Winchester's dumb ass burned it for us. That was a fantastic play.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 24
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up