ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 26
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan.
Simply Red 02:58 PM 08-20-2019
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:01 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Hit me up if you need workout ideas. I used to personal train and have my BS in Health and Human Performance.
Got any good ideas for a workout for someone who is Type 2 diabetic? Normal workouts I have found play with the balance in my system....sometimes I will over do it.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:09 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Touching base - no alcohol since the Sunday before creating this thread. However long that is. Just owed you all an update.

Thanks for the support.
Good job Simply Red. Keep it up.

Remember dont get complacent. Always remember why you are quitting in the first place because it is easy to forget and wind up right where you started.
[Reply]
TLO 12:48 PM 11-04-2019
Great work, SR.

I'll use this as a chance to share some good news myself. 28 days today since I last gambled. Staying strong.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:54 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
Great work, SR.

I'll use this as a chance to share some good news myself. 28 days today since I last gambled. Staying strong.
I'll bet you $5 you can't make it 29 days.

j/k Good job!
[Reply]
Graystoke 02:16 PM 11-04-2019
This is good news SR. Alcoholism is a nasty beast. I have had many friends succumb to the powers of the drink.
I have a friend who was sober for the longest time, he called me drunk on Saturday and broke my heart. I actually didn't even know what to say so I told him I loved him but didn't want to talk with him when he wasn't sober. Felt bad about it throughout the weekend.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:51 PM 11-04-2019
Great job Red... On a board that' all too often negative, it's great that you're winning your battle and we're able to help. Keep fighting...
[Reply]
KurtCobain 04:42 PM 11-04-2019
What is awesome about the type of guy you are, is once you get through this initial struggle you will be able to help out so many others with the same issue.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:52 PM 11-04-2019
Thanks all - I don't mean to keep bumping this - but I want to be sure you all know i appreciate the support.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:58 PM 11-04-2019
Thanks all - I don't mean to keep bumping this - but I want to be sure you all know i appreciate the support.
Fuck that. Bump this everyday if you need to. Whatever helps.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:06 PM 11-04-2019
You the man SR.

Fuck Stewie. I bet that dude is obese and hates his life.

Been hitting the gym?
[Reply]
seclark 07:09 PM 11-04-2019
Rock on sr
Sec
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:21 PM 11-04-2019
NP. This thread should be sticky'd..
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:51 PM 12-08-2019
Still not a drop since August - just reporting in. This will be my last check in - as I don't want to whore for attention. But yeah... Feel free to let this drop down the thread index... It gets boring being sober all the time - but it's nice to be back in control.

Carry on my friends.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:52 PM 12-08-2019
Good for you. I rarely drink but I am tipsy tonight.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:55 PM 12-08-2019
Still not a drop since August - just reporting in. This will be my last check in - as I don't want to whore for attention. But yeah... Feel free to let this drop down the thread index... It gets boring being sober all the time - but it's nice to be back in control.

Carry on my friends.
Don't worry about attention whoring. If you need to bump this thread as a reminder to yourself, do it.

Congratulations my friend. I couldn't be happier for you. Deepest sincerity.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 26
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up