ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 28
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine
kcbubb 10:12 PM 04-07-2021
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/
[Reply]
Fish 03:22 PM 04-08-2021
Reading this thread... :-)... :-) it's no wonder why the US response has went the way it has...
[Reply]
BWillie 03:28 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Too many people talk about COVID as if they understand COVID and the shot...

He can still get the shot and get COVID a week later. It doesn’t make you immune to the virus, it simply helps you cope with the virus if/when you get it, which since COVID will now be around forever, everyone will get it at some point in their life. What society’s are trying to do with the vaccine is give you a small dose of it, so when you get the real thing, your immune system knows how to react to it and save your life.

Hope this helps you.
That is PART of the goal.

But the vaccine also makes many people unable to get it for a certain amount of time at a certain percent efficacy. The GOAL is when you have enough people of the general population vaccinated it effectively stamps Covid out. When I say stamp out, I don't mean to extinction, but to a point where it doesn't matter and cases are very small.
[Reply]
-King- 04-08-2021, 03:50 PM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat. Reason: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Mephistopheles Janx 04:04 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
r/therightcantmeme
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 04:10 PM 04-08-2021
Vaccine: a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
[Reply]
Donger 04:18 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Vaccine: a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
Why'd you bold that?
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 04:23 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Why'd you bold that?
Do you think this thing is a vaccine?
[Reply]
Donger 04:24 PM 04-08-2021
Do you think this thing is a vaccine?
The Pfizer, Moderna and J&J vaccines? Yes.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 04:26 PM 04-08-2021
The Pfizer, Moderna and J&J vaccines? Yes.
Do you think Oxford ought to change their definition of what a vaccine is?
[Reply]
Donger 04:26 PM 04-08-2021
Do you think Oxford ought to change their definition of what a vaccine is?
No. Why do you think they should?
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 04:27 PM 04-08-2021
No. Why do you think they should?
Because of the bolded part of the definition.

Shall we go around the circle again?
[Reply]
Donger 04:30 PM 04-08-2021

Vaccines do provide immunity. I think you need to take a look at how immunity is defined.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 04:30 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That is PART of the goal.

But the vaccine also makes many people unable to get it for a certain amount of time at a certain percent efficacy. The GOAL is when you have enough people of the general population vaccinated it effectively stamps Covid out. When I say stamp out, I don't mean to extinction, but to a point where it doesn't matter and cases are very small.
Exactly again, my point was to the people who think eventually Covid won’t be a thing, and it’s going away forever once vaccinations are done. No, it’s here forever and you will get it 1 day if you’re normal and go outside into society. Just as you said the point and goal of vaccinations is so that once you do get Covid it’s not as severe as it is now.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 04:32 PM 04-08-2021
Vaccines do provide immunity. I think you need to take a look at how immunity is defined.
I have. Thanks. That's why I ask whether Oxford should change their definition of vaccine to include this thing.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:33 PM 04-08-2021

Please, we're all waiting with bated breath
[Reply]
Donger 04:33 PM 04-08-2021
I have. Thanks.
You're welcome.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 28
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up