ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 382 of 386
« First < 282332372378379380381382 383384385386 >
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:30 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Bran as king just sucks. Totally sucks. As an advisor, the master of whisperers, sure. A good ruler should inspire his people; in a medieval setting, he should be a warrior and a leader on the battlefield; he should project strength. Who's going to be inspired by a wheelchair bound weirdo with zero charisma?:
After conquest or a coup maybe, but Bran is the first democratic election so his case is different.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:05 PM 04-16-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
After conquest or a coup maybe, but Bran is the first democratic election so his case is different.
Not really. The Holy Roman Empire elected its Emperors and the electors, the most powerful kingdoms in the political alliance, soon found it was to their advantage to elect the weakest among them as Emperor.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:32 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Not really. The Holy Roman Empire elected its Emperors and the electors, the most powerful kingdoms in the political alliance, soon found it was to their advantage to elect the weakest among them as Emperor.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I don't see how that contradicts what I said..

What I'm saying is that it makes sense for a king to project strength during or after conquest (like Aegon with his dragons) or a coup (like Robert Baratheon), but since Bran was democratically elected, strength is not a necessary trait.

Not to mention the fact that Bran actually might be the most powerful person in the story anyway.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:57 AM 04-17-2021
Really, we just need more nudes of the Khaleesi.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:40 PM 04-17-2021
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I don't see how that contradicts what I said..

What I'm saying is that it makes sense for a king to project strength during or after conquest (like Aegon with his dragons) or a coup (like Robert Baratheon), but since Bran was democratically elected, strength is not a necessary trait.

Not to mention the fact that Bran actually might be the most powerful person in the story anyway.
The Holy Roman Empire dissolved into a bunch of petty squabbling kingdoms and city states because the Emperor was not strong enough to force them to work together.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:59 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Really, we just need more nudes of the Khaleesi.
Meh. More nudes of Ros!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:35 PM 04-17-2021

I hated Bran ending up the King but...........
It seems to me that knowing exactly what everyone has done and will do in the future would be a skill more valuable than a great battlefield leader.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:59 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It seems to me that knowing exactly what everyone has done and will do in the future would be a skill more valuable than a great battlefield leader.
The problem is that just because the big war ended there are now hundreds of smaller wars as some kingdoms of Westeros have had a power vacuum for years. You think some noble who seized power in say the Stormlands is going to give it up to someone he has never met and knows jack about the land? Doubtful unless you present a clear reason for him to, say a large unified army to enforce the will of the king.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:35 PM 04-17-2021
Meh. More nudes of Ros!
All the things. Robb Stark’s wife’s ass was the goods too.

NSFW

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:55 PM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If only that was articulated instead of “who has a better story than Bran?”
[Reply]
RustShack 06:19 PM 04-18-2021
I’d be interested to know how much of the ending was Martins. Obviously we all know he told them his ending, but how much did he say? Does he even know for sure and he just planned on Bran being there or?

I’d love for the last two seasons to be redone. It’ll never happen it’s just crazy the turn the greatest show of all time took after the books ended.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:45 PM 04-18-2021
Just make a new damn season instead of redoing the shit. It's done.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:08 PM 04-18-2021
Season 8 gave Kit Harrington PTSD for fuck's sake. Redo the damned thing*. Maybe even start it at Season 7 and work forward from there.

*yes, I know it won't happen
[Reply]
Frazod 07:38 PM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Season 8 gave Kit Harrington PTSD for fuck's sake. Redo the damned thing*. Maybe even start it at Season 7 and work forward from there.

*yes, I know it won't happen
Watching the actors' faces during the table read told us everything we needed to know about what they thought of it. Conleth Hill (Varys) looked so disgusted as he read his death scene that I thought he was going to spit on his script.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:49 PM 04-18-2021
Watching the actors' faces during the table read told us everything we needed to know about what they thought of it. Conleth Hill (Varys) looked so disgusted as he read his death scene that I thought he was going to spit on his script.
Two of the most intriguing characters from the beginning, Varys and Littlefinger, both got terrible, pointless endings
[Reply]
Page 382 of 386
« First < 282332372378379380381382 383384385386 >
Up