ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 380 of 386
« First < 280330370376377378379380 381382383384 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
notorious 04:33 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's actually astonishing just how bad Benioff and Weiss were at their jobs. Turned a series chock full of loveable characters, even the antagonists, and turned damn near all of them into a bunch of shallow stupid soulless ****s.
They lost a lot of future work with that abortion.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:34 PM 04-15-2021
It's actually astonishing just how bad Benioff and Weiss were at their jobs. Turned a series chock full of loveable characters, even the antagonists, and turned damn near all of them into a bunch of shallow stupid soulless cunts.
Just the ending for Cersei and Jamie alone. There were so many possibilities for those characters and THAT is what they came up with. It's incredible if you think about it.

The Hound and The Mountain. Cool fight I guess. But I was expecting it to have some kind of stakes. Thought maybe trial by combat would come into play somehow. Instead of just a fight where they both end up falling to their death and nobody even knows. Pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:36 PM 04-15-2021
It's actually astonishing just how bad Benioff and Weiss were at their jobs. Turned a series chock full of loveable characters, even the antagonists, and turned damn near all of them into a bunch of shallow stupid soulless cunts.
At least they completely fucked themselves over in the process. At this point I don't think they could get a job doing an infomercial for Slap Chop.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:45 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Most shows by the 8th season have already milked the cow's tit to look like an empty tube of Colgate. In GoT it felt like they rushed the hell out of the ending.
Weren't there rumors out there that D&D were being offered a Star Wars trilogy after GoT and basically rushed and bumblefucked the entirety of Season 8 to jump at the chance at SW? (jokes on them for screwing it up so - they had the offered pulled iirc)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:47 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Weren't there rumors out there that D&D were being offered a Star Wars trilogy after GoT and basically rushed and bumble****ed the entirety of Season 8 to jump at the chance at SW? (jokes on them for screwing it up so - they had the offered pulled iirc)
They legitimately had signed a contract with SW/Disney. They are now no longer affiliated with Disney or the SW franchise.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:03 PM 04-15-2021
At least they successfully subverted our expectations of a quality TV show and ending. Fucking assholes.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:11 PM 04-15-2021
Season 8 was an abomination. There were parts that made some sense, but as a whole what a disappointment to what was an absolutely spectacular series to that point. Meh... Feels like so much time wasted to end up with THAT.
[Reply]
rydogg58 05:11 PM 04-15-2021
Great. Now I'm pissed off all over again about this last season. Thanks, assholes!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:03 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
And still no one would be happy.

Funny to see this thread bumped actually, as just this weekend i started re-watching it from season 1. My 3rd go-round.
Yep, agreed. The show took a noticeable dip in quality after they outran the books, but it was still my favorite thing on TV.

I started my rewatch last week. On S1E3 right now lol
[Reply]
tredadda 07:22 PM 04-15-2021
I loved the series and would have bought all the seasons on Blu Ray, but season 8 had to happen, which allowed me to save my money. It was clear that it was poorly written and rushed. I think I am more upset with Martin than the producers. They clearly are not his caliber of a writer and since Martin was enjoying his fame and the money he made off the series he felt no reason to finish the books. What he did apparently approve was sloppy, lazy, and poorly thought out. It was more of a way of ending it without trying too hard. Now because of the series he has even less incentive to finish the book series and most likely he will pass on before ever finishing.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:34 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Just the ending for Cersei and Jamie alone. There were so many possibilities for those characters and THAT is what they came up with. It's incredible if you think about it.

The Hound and The Mountain. Cool fight I guess. But I was expecting it to have some kind of stakes. Thought maybe trial by combat would come into play somehow. Instead of just a fight where they both end up falling to their death and nobody even knows. Pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things.
I’d have to say the only character death worse than Cersei was James T. Kirk taking a sleigh ride down the side of a rock face in Generations.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:56 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
Even if HBO went that route, they would probably find it extremely difficult to get the actors to return to portray their characters. I mean, they portrayed some of these characters for a LONG time. Most have probably accepted the ending for what it was and moved on. Plus with how many characters the story revolved around...
none of them are big stars now but maybe Peter?

Money talks. There would be a ton of money to be made by everyone.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:01 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Great. Now I'm pissed off all over again about this last season. Thanks, assholes!
Welllll HBO was the one with the cryptic tweet. Obviously it was about the series going on to HBO Max. But it went viral with FU angry tweets telling them to fix season 8 first.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:54 PM 04-15-2021
Season 8 ruined more than just the series for me. It ruined my desire to consume all of the supplemental material such history and lores surrounding each season and all of the other world building content that is out there.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:07 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Season 8 ruined more than just the series for me. It ruined my desire to consume all of the supplemental material such history and lores surrounding each season and all of the other world building content that is out there.
Yeah they really did bury that franchise. What also kills it is the fucker still hasn't finished the next book either.
[Reply]
Page 380 of 386
« First < 280330370376377378379380 381382383384 > Last »
Up