ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 379 of 386
« First < 279329369375376377378379 380381382383 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:26 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Snyder cut showed it can be done. It’s an entirely different movie. Everything from episode 3 on should be redone in 10 episodes so it doesn’t feel like a bunch of boxes being ticked off. Biggest change I would make is having the fight at Winterfell be a diversion and get an epic battle between life and death at Kings Landing.
Small changes would also be hugely helpful.

Give Jon a one v. one against the Night King with Ghost jumping in to fight alongside Jon. Make it awesome. Have him and Ghost get their asses kicked. Don't even care if Arya still delivers a final blow.

Have Bran warg into Rheagal to take out Viscerion. Have Rheagal die in Winterfell instead of by discount Jack Sparrow.

Have Dany kill Jaime (avenging her father) and burn Cersei in the map room by Dragonfire (which was the plan in S7 until D&D got the "brilliant" idea to die via brick). Let the audience see Dany's POV during the burning of KL.

Have Arya mercy-kill Cersei (like she refused to do with Sandor in S4) in the map room.

You don't have to make these exact changes -- but little things like this could go such a long way to making memorable moments happen in Season 8 even if the outcomes are similar.

Or do none of it. Zero clue why HBO wouldn't do this. The excitement would be off the charts.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:29 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Small changes would also be hugely helpful.

Give Jon a one v. one against the Night King with Ghost jumping in to fight alongside Jon. Make it awesome. Have him and Ghost get their asses kicked. Don't even care if Arya still delivers a final blow.

Have Bran warg into Rheagal to take out Viscerion. Have Rheagal die in Winterfell instead of by discount Jack Sparrow.

Have Dany kill Jaime (avenging her father) and burn Cersei in the map room by Dragonfire (which was the plan in S7 until D&D got the "brilliant" idea to die via brick). Let the audience see Dany's POV during the burning.

Have Arya mercy-kill Cersei (like she refused to do with Sandor in S4) in the map room.

You don't have to make these exact changes -- but little things like this could go such a long way to making memorable moments happen in Season 8 even if the outcomes are similar.

Or do none of it. Zero clue why HBO wouldn't do this. The excitement would be off the charts.
Assuming GRRM would go along with any of it . . . He can't even be bothered to write/finish his creation.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:33 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Assuming GRRM would go along with any of it . . . He can't even be bothered to write/finish his creation.
Well, honestly EVERYTHING released by GRRM indicates that this was his ending... and I think that might be the problem with "re-doing" Season 8. Will the audience even care if we get the same outcome? I think changes like this could make the ending hit better (though I have zero clue how they'll make the Bran reveal not look like ****ing comedy). GRRM has maintained a great relationship with HBO (even singing a new deal... he's never finishing the books, is he?)

Tbh. If Jon was crowned in the second dragonpit and negotiated the peace in Westeros before then giving up his crown and choosing to go North, that would give him the agency he literally never had in S8. Just stuff like this could make the ending better - but would it be worth HBO dropping 100m if the fans are still mad? Idk. You could even throw a lazy explanation that the spirals the WW use mean they are "always in Westeros" and that the baby we saw in S4 will be the new NK. Jon could choose to go looking for that WW palace we saw in S4 for the rest of his life with Tormund, fulfilling Alliser's prophecy for Jon in S6.

Idk. It just feels like there's a way to make S8 so much better even if it has largely the same outcomes. Maybe I'm wrong.
[Reply]
DanBecky 11:15 AM 04-15-2021
Even if HBO went that route, they would probably find it extremely difficult to get the actors to return to portray their characters. I mean, they portrayed some of these characters for a LONG time. Most have probably accepted the ending for what it was and moved on. Plus with how many characters the story revolved around...
[Reply]
Frazod 11:22 AM 04-15-2021
Prior to the beginning of Season 8, I posted about a spoiler video I saw on YouTube. Unfortunately, at the time I deliberately did not include a link, and now I have no idea how to find it.

It was completely wrong, of course, but so much better. I don't remember most of the details, but basically Jon got Dany pregnant, and she died in childbirth. Jon and most of the major characters were killed in the final battle at Kings Landing (I think by green fire shit), but the Night King and Cersei were defeated. In the end, Tyrion ended up being the regent/hand of the king to the baby, who was being raised and cared for by the good characters who survived. The final scene would have been Tyrion reading to child, who was now older, about the heroic exploits of his parents.

Sounds so much better than the shit we got for real.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:24 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Prior to the beginning of Season 8, I posted about a spoiler video I saw on YouTube. Unfortunately, at the time I deliberately did not include a link, and now I have no idea how to find it.

It was completely wrong, of course, but so much better. I don't remember most of the details, but basically Jon got Dany pregnant, and she died in childbirth. Jon and most of the major characters were killed in the final battle at Kings Landing (I think by green fire shit), but the Night King and Cersei were defeated. In the end, Tyrion ended up being the regent/hand of the king to the baby, who was being raised and cared for by the good characters who survived. The final scene would have been Tyrion reading to child, who was now older, about the heroic exploits of his parents.

Sounds so much better than the shit we got for real.
Literally ANYTHING would be better than what we got.
[Reply]
rydogg58 11:29 AM 04-15-2021
Any number of endings would have been better than the shit that was the last season. It's never going to get rebooted, though. I can't imagine that the actors/actresses would all sign up to do this again. It could have been stupidly great, it was by far the best TV show I've ever watched. Even though I wasn't happy with the way it ended, I still miss having a show like this that made me excited for Sunday nights.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:34 PM 04-15-2021
Most shows by the 8th season have already milked the cow's tit to look like an empty tube of Colgate. In GoT it felt like they rushed the hell out of the ending.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:24 PM 04-15-2021
Season 8 was so bad it actually ruined re-watching GoT for me. I've not even had an inkling to do so. Most series that I really love I'll watch over and over, and with GoT, I just know how the end is going to be so fucking bad that it pretty much ruins all of the awesomeness that led up to it.

Such a tragic piece of shit. It still makes me mad...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:25 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Most shows by the 8th season have already milked the cow's tit to look like an empty tube of Colgate. In GoT it felt like they rushed the hell out of the ending.
Oh, there's no doubt. I've outlined my thoughts somewhere in this thread on it. They just threw it together haphazardly and it's so disappointing that I actually wish the had never done it and just left us hanging. Yes, it's that bad IMO.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:38 PM 04-15-2021
God seeing this thread pissed me off because it reminded me of what should have been GOAT TV series fucking it all up at the finish line.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:42 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Now that would be cool. Redo the whole season....
And still no one would be happy.

Funny to see this thread bumped actually, as just this weekend i started re-watching it from season 1. My 3rd go-round.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:48 PM 04-15-2021
Reading the spoilers for that shit show was a great decision. Turned what would have been an infuriating experience into comedy.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:00 PM 04-15-2021
It's actually astonishing just how bad Benioff and Weiss were at their jobs. Turned a series chock full of loveable characters, even the antagonists, and turned damn near all of them into a bunch of shallow stupid soulless cunts.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:47 PM 04-15-2021
Pretty damn sad when I read suggested story changes in this thread and every one of them is better than the stories that B&W came up with.
[Reply]
Page 379 of 386
« First < 279329369375376377378379 380381382383 > Last »
Up