ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 376 of 386
« First < 276326366372373374375376 377378379380 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:37 PM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You know what the best part about re-watching this show is?

I can skip everything involving Catelyn Stark (without Tyrion) and anything involving Daenerys (without her getting railed).

It cuts out about 20-30 minutes per episode and saves a lot of chaff.

Jesus Catelyn Stark sucks. And man I miss Rodrik Cassel.
:-)

This is an excellent observation.
[Reply]
FAX 06:28 AM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
So apparently Kit Harrington had to check himself into a retreat because of how shitty the GOT ending was. It messed him up and he needs help now.
Actually, a lot of people are doing that. D&D have double-handedly, instantly, and exponentially added 58 percentage points to the opioid crisis.

FAX
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:31 AM 06-06-2019
You know what the best part about re-watching this show is?

I can skip everything involving Catelyn Stark (without Tyrion) and anything involving Daenerys (without her getting railed).

It cuts out about 20-30 minutes per episode and saves a lot of chaff.

Jesus Catelyn Stark sucks. And man I miss Rodrik Cassel.
The whole Mereen plot could have been told in 1/4 of the time. What did learning about the history of Mereen and the cities political complications do for the GOT story? What was the point of Doren? Same thing 1/4 of the time.

they cut out all the Iron Islands political stuff about clans/history/politics to select the new ruler. If D&D were going to skimp at the end, there was a lot of brush that could have been cleared to allow a fleshed out story to be told at the end.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:38 AM 06-06-2019
Rose Leslie also has some sort of royal heritage in Scotland; her family owns literal castles and has for centuries.

So yeah - not likely to have much of a grounded support system in place anywhere either...
Lack of support system notwithstanding....I cant handle all this fame and riches? I'm too stressed? Have to go to rehab to learn to deal with stress?

Sorry but I've got no sympathy. Every fucking day millions of people struggle with the basics of feeding their kids and themselves.Thats "real" stress.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:40 AM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The whole Mereen plot could have been told in 1/4 of the time. What did learning about the history of Mereen and the cities political complications do for the GOT story? What was the point of Doren? Same thing 1/4 of the time.

they cut out all the Iron Islands political stuff about clans/history/politics to select the new ruler. If D&D were going to skimp at the end, there was a lot of brush that could have been cleared to allow a fleshed out story to be told at the end.
Sandsnake tits?

Mmmmmm.....sandsnake tits....
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:42 AM 06-06-2019
Sandsnake tits?

Mmmmmm.....sandsnake tits....
No way do you cut that, but those tits could have shown up in another place. Got caught in Kings Landing coming to assassinate the Mountain etc.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:53 AM 06-06-2019
No way do you cut that, but those tits could have shown up in another place. Got caught in Kings Landing coming to assassinate the Mountain etc.
And miss the Bob Hope/Bing Crosby inspired hijinks of Bronn and Jaime?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:12 AM 06-06-2019
And miss the Bob Hope/Bing Crosby inspired hijinks of Bronn and Jaime?
We're on the rooooad to Castle Sun-speeaaarrrrrr!!!!!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:37 PM 06-06-2019
The whole Mereen plot could have been told in 1/4 of the time.
That plot, from the very beginning, was always meant to be a "stall" plot in the books to give Dany something to do while the other characters caught up with her.

If you hated the length of it in the show, in the books it seems to go on forever.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 01:02 PM 06-06-2019
Lack of support system notwithstanding....I cant handle all this fame and riches? I'm too stressed? Have to go to rehab to learn to deal with stress?

Sorry but I've got no sympathy. Every fucking day millions of people struggle with the basics of feeding their kids and themselves.Thats "real" stress.
I’ll take “problems I’d like to have!” For $1000, Alex
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:21 PM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
That plot, from the very beginning, was always meant to be a "stall" plot in the books to give Dany something to do while the other characters caught up with her.

If you hated the length of it in the show, in the books it seems to go on forever.
And was almost exclusively her blathering about her birthright and how much she wants to bang Daario because he's just so dreamy.

As bad as she was in the show (and she was bad), she was so much worse in the books. I started skipping her POV chapters because I just could not have possibly cared less.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:30 PM 06-06-2019
And was almost exclusively her blathering about her birthright and how much she wants to bang Daario because he's just so dreamy.

As bad as she was in the show (and she was bad), she was so much worse in the books. I started skipping her POV chapters because I just could not have possibly cared less.
They weren't as bad as the Sansa chapters. Close, but... fuck, book Sansa was (is?) awful. Eventually I just started skipping all the Sansa chapters and read them once I was done with everything else.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:13 PM 06-06-2019

[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:32 PM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
They weren't as bad as the Sansa chapters. Close, but... fuck, book Sansa was (is?) awful. Eventually I just started skipping all the Sansa chapters and read them once I was done with everything else.

Were Sansa’s chapters the ones that would spend pages describing food and colors of clothing and shit? Or was that Catelyn?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:39 PM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Were Sansa’s chapters the ones that would spend pages describing food and colors of clothing and shit? Or was that Catelyn?
Does it matter? They were both shit.
[Reply]
Page 376 of 386
« First < 276326366372373374375376 377378379380 > Last »
Up