ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 328 of 386
« First < 228278318324325326327328 329330331332338378 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:02 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
Cersei got a GoT death for sure. If any one deserved a horrific death it was her. Instead she died in the arms of her only love. Almost peacefully. The exact opposite of what she deserved/people wanted. That's as GoT as it gets.
Err, she just stood and watched as her Kindom got absolutely ransacked by Daenerys and Drogon, then Qyburn got his skull cracked open by his undead creation, and to top it all off she got crushed by boulders while having a breakdown about the fact that her unborn child would never be born. Your definition of peacefully is not the same as mine. Jaime was with her, so that's nice, I guess.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:04 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Much more likely it unites people against her. If you are gonna burn anyway well you have a better chance fighting than surrendering. Aegon conquered because he actively courted alliances and accepted surrender.
How'd that work for everyone who united against Khan? Or Timur the Lame?

Pyramids of skulls man.

Don't wait for the assault to begin before surrendering would be the idea people should get. I mean she DID warn them what would happen if they resisted. Fire and blood.

And the power to do it as many times as she needs.

The Cersei thing was 100X more ridiculous.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:10 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I’m not that salty. Yet. We’ll see how they pull off
Spoiler!
LOL have you....

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RustShack 08:10 PM 05-13-2019
Danny is the last “dragon”. It’s kind of like the twin gene running in a family, just because it’s in the family doesn’t mean everyone in that family is a twin. Not all Targaryens are “dragons”.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:12 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
LOL have you....

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:16 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by penchief:
I honestly didn't mind the manner Cersei's death. I thought it worked on multiple levels and was a nice twist. A public death would have just given us more of the same prideful and defiant Cersei.

Instead we were privy to her stunned state of shock as she stumbled through the ruins. And then when Jamie shows up we finally witness her humanity by way of fear and grieving. Treating that scene tenderly was both realistic and added to the depth of her character, IMO.
Exactly.

We've seen 'middle fingers in the air, doesn't give a shit if she dies' Cersei.

The terrified, vulnerable, hiding in a bunker and quietly resigned to her own fate Cersei is something different entirely. She's been publicly humiliated and had her children die in front of her. Her torment as she realized she was well and truly fucked was far more delicious than seeing Drogon burninate her.

Apart from Euron, who has always sucked at all times (god they ruined his character, who is just such a monumental badass in the books), I think this was an excellent episode in a lot of ways and absolutely did justice to several of the characters who's arcs wrapped up.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:26 PM 05-13-2019
The vision Bran had in season 4 of a dragons shadow flying over Kings Landing. Well we know it was Danerys.

So..... Bran can see the future. Saw it what 5 years ago? He knew what was going to happen. Why didn’t he try to stop it? Is this some Dr. Strange thing, it is the only way for them to win? The realm to prosper?
[Reply]
Jerm 08:28 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:31 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The vision Bran had in season 4 of a dragons shadow flying over Kings Landing. Well we know it was Danerys.

So..... Bran can see the future. Saw it what 5 years ago? He knew what was going to happen. Why didn’t he try to stop it? Is this some Dr. Strange thing, it is the only way for them to win? The realm to prosper?
Indifference.

I think he sees his role as being to record the history of mankind while essentially playing no part in it himself.

It would explain his complete lack of empathy or emotion - the guy's simply removed himself from the human condition. Have you ever seen "The Watchmen"? He essentially has the humanity of Dr. Manhattan at this point.

Westeros is a petri dish for him - something he observes and records but little else.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:33 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
Cersei got a GoT death for sure. If any one deserved a horrific death it was her. Instead she died in the arms of her only love. Almost peacefully. The exact opposite of what she deserved/people wanted. That's as GoT as it gets.
GRMM said on 60 Minutes last week that the major characters endings are the same on TV as they will be in the books. That secondary characters might be different.

No way Cersi is a secondary character. If that’s it for Cersi, that’s how GRMM wanted it. But, Arya survived 3 buildings falling on her so it’s not far fetched for Cersi to be alive.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:39 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Indifference.

I think he sees his role as being to record the history of mankind while essentially playing no part in it himself.

It would explain his complete lack of empathy or emotion - the guy's simply removed himself from the human condition. Have you ever seen "The Watchmen"? He essentially has the humanity of Dr. Manhattan at this point.

Westeros is a petri dish for him - something he observes and records but little else.
Great comparison between Bran and Dr. Manhattan. I always knew he reminded me of a character from something else but couldn't put my finger on it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:39 PM 05-13-2019
Indifference.

except he gave Arya the dagger that killed the Night King. Told Jon who his parents were. He had to know how that will play out in the future. So is that not intervening in human affairs?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:50 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
except he gave Arya the dagger that killed the Night King. Told Jon who his parents were. He had to know how that will play out in the future. So is that not intervening in human affairs?
The dagger's easy - again, he can't document humanity if he doesn't exist. In the battle of dark vs. light, he's decidedly on the side of light. The dagger needed to make its way to Arya for humanity to continue to exist.

Now Jon...well that's simply machinations between men and admittedly, I don't have a great way to explain that away. When he said to Sam "he has to know" perhaps it was some some sort of statement as to how Jon would need to be motivated in the fights to come.

Tougher call for sure, just one that we can't really get a definitive answer on without (and there's a trend here) an inner monologue. He simply gives all the appearance of someone who is completely detached from humanity at this point and if that's the case, it explains 95% of his behavior and actions to this point.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:55 PM 05-13-2019
The dagger's easy - again, he can't document humanity if he doesn't exist. In the battle of dark vs. light, he's decidedly on the side of light. The dagger needed to make its way to Arya for humanity to continue to exist.

Now Jon...well that's simply machinations between men and admittedly, I don't have a great way to explain that away. When he said to Sam "he has to know" perhaps it was some some sort of statement as to how Jon would need to be motivated in the fights to come.

Tougher call for sure, just one that we can't really get a definitive answer on without (and there's a trend here) an inner monologue. He simply gives all the appearance of someone who is completely detached from humanity at this point and if that's the case, it explains 95% of his behavior and actions to this point.
Female Joffery with a dragon is an extreme threat to humanity in Westeros.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:03 PM 05-13-2019
Cersei’s death was great.

This show is about consequences for your decisions, right?

She was told as a girl her three blonde children would die. She spends her entire life trying to avoid that prophecy and yet watched helplessly as Joffrey dies, Myrcella is shipped away, and Tommen literally dies by suicide as a result of her decision-making.

In her final moments, she and her unborn baby die as a consequence of her going to war against Dany and baiting her with the death of Dany’s closest friend.

She dies with Jaime’s arms around her neck, not in the way we imagined, but almost in a bigger twist of the knife - because she was undeniably the cause of her and her line’s demise.
[Reply]
Page 328 of 386
« First < 228278318324325326327328 329330331332338378 > Last »
Up