ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 253 of 386
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263303353 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:38 PM 04-30-2019
Maybe Arya kills Dany to save Jon.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:44 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Maybe Arya kills Dany to save Jon.
If Dany turns on Jon she's nothing more than Cerci with perkier boobs.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:44 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Sam is George RR Martin's avatar in the story, and likely the one chronicling the books.
Then it works out perfectly as GRRM is another fat bearded fuck that can go die.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:48 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
If Dany turns on Jon she's nothing more than Cerci with perkier boobs.
Literally all she has cared about from Day 1 was taking her rightful place on the Iron Throne. Now that the Great War is over.....what do you think is going to consume her? Now factor in that Jon is the next one in line.

She could totally go Mad Queen and try and take what's hers.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:49 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Eh. Dany could just go full Aegon the conquerer and BBQ her way through King's Landing. The fact that two dragons survived mitigates the loss of her army.
If Cercei had any sense she'd have had the Street of Steel and every blacksmith in town mass-manufacturing scorpions. Assemble them in batteries of 50 all over Kings Landing and let loose a pattern to punch holes in those dragons.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:06 PM 04-30-2019
I didn't think of it this way, but whether luck or strategy, Cersei was right in not joining her forces to the North. They won without her and were decimated in the battle.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:10 PM 04-30-2019
I didn't think of it this way, but whether luck or strategy, Cersei was right in not joining her forces to the North. They won without her and were decimated in the battle.
Totally strategy, and totally realistic and in line with who Cersei is. She had accepted that she'd die fighting Dany. If Dany loses to the NK, Cersei's outcome is the same no matter what. If Dany wins, Cersei could keep the throne.

Tywin played out a similar strategy during Robert's Rebellion.
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:12 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'm thinking something more along the lines of Oberyn.

Like, "AHHH Yeah! Oberyn is about to get his revenge on The Mountain! Nice!" Followed by, "Ah shit, Oberyn just got his fucking face crushed!"

Or Season 1, "Pffff they'll never kill off such a central character like Ned Stark. We all know he'll get out of this by the end of the season"

"OMG TEY FUCKIN KILLED NED STARK! WHAAA?"

We need some of THAT. Because THAT is what made GoT great.
Also, it helps if the character's demise is directly attributable to their own actions like Ned's, Oberyn's, Robb's, etc. were.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:44 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Also, it helps if the character's demise is directly attributable to their own actions like Ned's, Oberyn's, Robb's, etc. were.
Okay. Maybe the seeds are being planted for Dany to bite it.
[Reply]
Setsuna 03:08 PM 04-30-2019
That picture means nothing. In the books she has typical Targaryen features. Just because Emilia didn't want to wear contacts the entire time doesn't mean she doesn't have purple eyes. You need to stop with that.
[Reply]
Amnorix 03:21 PM 04-30-2019
I actually think what would go against everything Bronn's done on the show would be to not kill Jamie or Tyrion because they're his friends. Bronn is always out for Bronn, and I think the only way he doesn't do what Cersei pays him to do is if the brothers pay him more.

Put everything else aside, his choices are:

1. murder both brothers (not necessarily easy, depending on circumstances), hoping he gets away with it, AND banking on Cercei winning the war AND banking on Cercei honoring her pledge to him, or

2. show up, say something -- maybe even that he's been sent to kill one or both of them -- but say he ain't doing that, because it's a bad bet, then bide his time and make a decision at some point along the way to ACTUALLY do it (if he thinks Cercei will win) or not (if he thinks the brothers are on the winning side, or

3. show up and try to figure out how to kill the brothers, in enemy territory, without getting caught, and escape back to friendly lines.

Seems to me that 2 is the obvious choice for now, and he'll just defer his decision until he knows. Even if he shows up and says "that rotten c**t sister of yours sent me up here to assassinate the both of ya. Yeah, like I'd ever do that! I know where my bread is buttered", it wouldn't be real commitment. As we've known all along, Bronn's always doing what is best for Bronn, and if he thinks switching sides late and backstabbing Jaime or Tyrion is his best bet, then I think he does it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:42 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Literally all she has cared about from Day 1 was taking her rightful place on the Iron Throne. Now that the Great War is over.....what do you think is going to consume her? Now factor in that Jon is the next one in line.

She could totally go Mad Queen and try and take what's hers.
Or she could finally listen to what her closest advisors have been saying for years.

Maybe Jorah's death will be the thing that finally gets through.

Maybe the celebration we saw in the trailer was after she and Jon married.

Yeah, I don't think so either. But who knows
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:45 PM 04-30-2019
I think that trailer scene is misdirection. I don't think they're cheering for her at all. I think it was cut to make it look that way, and they're cheering Jon.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 04:06 PM 04-30-2019
Or she could finally listen to what her closest advisors have been saying for years.

Maybe Jorah's death will be the thing that finally gets through.

Maybe the celebration we saw in the trailer was after she and Jon married.

Yeah, I don't think so either. But who knows
Varys, Davos, and Tyrion were discussing that in the first episode I think. A queen and a good man as king.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:08 PM 04-30-2019
I think that trailer scene is misdirection. I don't think they're cheering for her at all. I think it was cut to make it look that way, and they're cheering Jon.
Or Arya.

Hm. Interesting, Dany could have a Viserys moment. “Westeros has never given me that praise.”

Unfortunately, no one is there any longer to say “here I stand.”
[Reply]
Page 253 of 386
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263303353 > Last »
Up