ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 203 of 386
« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205206207213253303 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:51 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I mean, yeah if it's theon fighting off a bunch of the undead on his own to protect bran they're ****ed. But you may be underselling him a bit. He was trained under the greyjoys and with Rob and Jon so he's a better fighter than he lets on. But I also wouldn't sell short how big it is for him to know who he is and to fight for one family. Seems Sansa is big on oaths and his unwavering loyalty to the north is a big asset. Yara letting him commit to the starks and Sansa finally letting theon forgive himself pretty much sealed that the show is positioning him to be a hero of some kind.

But who knows... It's GoT. I just can't see them throwing a curveball here.
Also, some crazy shits gonna happen with that tree.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:00 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yeah, after the chaotic plotline of last season, I was thrilled to have an episode that actually let us fall in love with the characters again. It was a much needed reset before all hell breaks loose.
Agreed.

Battle of the Bastards and Hardhomme attack on the wall all that large scale shit was fucking amazing. Just truly amazing television. But what makes GOT great is it has it all. Character, pitch battles, duels, heartbreak, heroism giant twists.

What we got last night was precisely what we needed. S7 seemed really rushed and I was concerned they were just going to race to the end. It appears they’re just bypassing travel time, any nonessential storyline. But I’m happy they’re not abandoning the character side of thing.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:03 PM 04-22-2019
I'm kind of pissed that I read a few spoilers last year that have more or less been accurate so far so I have a pretty good idea of who's dying next Sunday.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:11 PM 04-22-2019
Great stuff here:

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:13 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Agreed.

Battle of the Bastards and Hardhomme attack on the wall all that large scale shit was ****ing amazing. Just truly amazing television. But what makes GOT great is it has it all. Character, pitch battles, duels, heartbreak, heroism giant twists.

What we got last night was precisely what we needed. S7 seemed really rushed and I was concerned they were just going to race to the end. It appears they’re just bypassing travel time, any nonessential storyline. But I’m happy they’re not abandoning the character side of thing.
Its preferred to last year where the show was trying to jam as many storylines together in one episode. People were traveling all over the place with all kinds of weird timelines. I thought the pacing on this season has been excellent and I'm glad they turned it into two episodes instead of 1. The only reservation I have is that I just seems like there's so much to wrap up in a short time. I just hope the lead up to the finale isn't rushed
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:38 PM 04-22-2019
Theon is also an amazing archer so whoever said he wasnt a fighter needs to rethink it
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:40 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Its preferred to last year where the show was trying to jam as many storylines together in one episode. People were traveling all over the place with all kinds of weird timelines. I thought the pacing on this season has been excellent and I'm glad they turned it into two episodes instead of 1. The only reservation I have is that I just seems like there's so much to wrap up in a short time. I just hope the lead up to the finale isn't rushed
More and more I'm just not convinced there's actually much to do on the Cersei/KL/Golden Company front. Or at least I hope that. I will be bummed if they take out the White Walkers next week and Cersei is the final boss. I'll give it a chance (BB did okay killing off Gus and still having a great finale). But it'll just feel hollow since this story literally started with the WW.

Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Theon is also an amazing archer so whoever said he wasnt a fighter needs to rethink it
GREAT point. He even saved Bran's life with a bow in S1. Now that you say that I hope we see him wreck with a bow next week - I wouldn't even mind if they shot by shot plagiarized Sean Bean's death in LOTR. Would be a perfect end to one of the most nuanced characters in the series.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:55 PM 04-22-2019
Will they cut it at the end or do you think they'll do a look into the future at the end of the series?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:57 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Will they cut it at the end or do you think they'll do a look into the future at the end of the series?
By all indicators, GRRM has a ROTK like epilogue planned for the series that D&D are rumored to have adapted for the last part of Ep. 6
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 01:04 PM 04-22-2019
This show has become a snooze fest.

They should have condensed it and ended it in season 5 or 6.

It's almost all talk now, literally...almost nothing happens.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:06 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:

"Become"?

:-)

This show has always been about dialogue and character/story development.

There's plenty of shows that cater to your type, and i'm glad GoT isn't one of them.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:06 PM 04-22-2019
They made a big fuss about the Golden Company never breaking a contract. I could definitely see them setting that up to be a major shake near the end. Like, when they see the dragons or just the army of the dead.

I’m so excited to see how everything ends but want it to last forever at the same time.
[Reply]
underEJ 01:08 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
It would make sense for him to go down to King's Landing, how many people are in Winterfell? Like 10000-15000? How many people are in King's Landing? Millions? Get your Army built up and run over anyone.
Again the show (and the book does this too) plays around with the numbers to make it seem like they don't have many people, but if you were keeping count it is fewer than 10000 fighting northmen, vale knights, and freefolk, plus the non fighting who would also get turned, plus the dothraki (if this was true to the numbers, she should have close to 100000, but they have clearly lowered that number for the sake of making it harder on them. she united all the khal's people, Drogo alone had 40000 fighting men, and there were numerous Khals,) plus the unsullied at some amount fewer than the original 8000. Not sure how many dothraki the show now says she has, but based on the battle map, it looks like 2 or 3 times the unsullied.

Then Jamie says Cersei is charged up with 20000 and now can beat them too. It is all over the place.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:08 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
"Become"?

:-)

This show has always been about dialogue and character/story development.

There's plenty of shows that cater to your type, and i'm glad GoT isn't one of them.
Maybe if there was more ass eating.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:08 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:

And there it is.
[Reply]
Page 203 of 386
« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205206207213253303 > Last »
Up