ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 832 of 1208
« First < 332732782822828829830831832 833834835836842882932 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:22 AM 09-09-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I made my own white bbq sauce earlier this year for the first time and really dig it. Not something I'll whip up all the time, but definitely worth keeping in the rotation.
This was my takeaway as well, a nice rotational option. Especially if I'm looking for a low carb sauce. I'll probably try making my own next time.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:48 AM 09-09-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
This was my takeaway as well, a nice rotational option. Especially if I'm looking for a low carb sauce. I'll probably try making my own next time.
Ingredients
1 cup mayonnaise
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon hot chili paste (such as sambal oelek)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon celery seeds
¼ teaspoon Aleppo pepper or ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

What is the source of the carbs?

Alabama White Sauce

Calories from Fat 153
Calories 160

Total Fat 17g grams
Saturated Fat 3g grams
Trans Fat 1g grams
Cholesterol 10mg milligrams
Sodium 290mg milligrams
Total Carbohydrates 1g grams
Dietary Fiber 1g grams
Sugars 1g grams
Protein 1g grams
2% Vitamin A
2% Vitamin C
2% Calcium
2% Iron
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:36 AM 09-10-2018
Elote poppers from yesterday. Will definitely do again.

I also found a USDA Prime brisket for $7/lb that I did yesterday. Brisket got served at game time, so no pic. Here are the burnt ends tho. Was a great day.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:02 AM 09-10-2018

I also found a USDA Prime brisket for $7/lb that I did yesterday. Brisket got served at game time, so no pic. Here are the burnt ends tho. Was a great day.

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:46 PM 09-11-2018
Can Asian still be considered home cookin'? :-)

'Er tried out this exotic pot roast recipe that called for spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest, chili powder, oregano in a red wine-tomato sauce with carrots and onions. So it had some mild heat along with the spices.

Served with mashed 'taters, a strawberry spinach walnut salad, but mine with raspberries; some Cabernet Sauvignon wine.
Attached: Exotic PotRoast.png (507.6 KB) PotRoast.png (441.1 KB) Spinach, Strawberry Salad.jpg (93.6 KB) Raspberry Spinach Salad.png (423.4 KB) 
[Reply]
scho63 04:15 PM 09-11-2018
THAT ALL LOOKS FANTASTIC!!! :-):-)

I love the way you did the elite poppers, never heard that idea before.

[Reply]
scho63 04:18 PM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:

'Er tried out this exotic pot roast recipe that called for spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest, chili powder, oregano in a red wine-tomato sauce with carrots and onions. So it had some mild heat along with the spices.

Served with mashed 'taters, a strawberry spinach walnut salad, but mine with raspberries; some Cabernet Sauvignon wine.
I miss my Grandmother's and Mother's pot roast. One of my favorite comfort foods.

Could eat that whole pot roast myself. :-)

Did it come across as "Asian" flavored? Sounds more Middle Eastern or Moroccan.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:21 PM 09-11-2018

I've been hooked on the Spinach strawberry salad for a long time. I put poppyseed dressing on. Probably have it at least 3 days a week.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:32 PM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
I miss my Grandmother's and Mother's pot roast. One of my favorite comfort foods.

Could eat that whole pot roast myself. :-)

Did it come across as "Asian" flavored? Sounds more Middle Eastern or Moroccan.
Part of the MidEast is on the Asian continent. I had wondered about callin it that but decided to say Asian because cinnamon and nutmeg originated from Indonesia. Think also China. A tomato sauce flavor base is also used Indian cooking as well as some heat. So it reminded me more of Indian flavors than MidEast. I think those spices, save for chili, were brought to Africa and were then transported to Egypt or came in through the MidEast to Europe. I guess the word "exotic" covers it all as the flavors are foreign inspired.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:35 PM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I've been hooked on the Spinach strawberry salad for a long time. I put poppyseed dressing on. Probably have it at least 3 days a week.
Poppyseed is another great dressing for this salad. I wanted something to balance the heaviness of the beef and spicy flavors.
I am mildly allergic to strawberries, so I can't have them. Tho' I can get away with one or two and not have my eyes throb.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:37 PM 09-11-2018
Oh and scho, I normally do a traditional pot roast with a brown gravy and put the potatoes in with it to cook along with carrots and onions. I like that too. I just found this cleaning out my recipe cabinet. It's really an old recipe my mother had cut out and I saw it. I was intrigued by the ingredients and then when putting it in the recipe began to worry about them. But it was a hit. The spices blend well together.
[Reply]
Buzz 08:57 PM 09-11-2018
Neighbor bought a treager smoker, this is leftover smoked steak, seared on my charcoal grill. Taco salad in honor of taco Tuesday. My eyes where way bigger than my stomach.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:59 PM 09-11-2018
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Neighbor bought a treager smoker, this is leftover smoked steak, seared on my charcoal grill. Taco salad in honor of taco Tuesday. My eyes where way bigger than my stomach.

I would have found a way to power through that one :-)
[Reply]
Buzz 09:22 PM 09-11-2018
Oh, I did, I'm hurting like a SOB. Gonna sleep good tonight.

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:03 AM 09-12-2018

I forgot about the chocolate. The recipe also called for a square of unsweetened chocolate.
[Reply]
Page 832 of 1208
« First < 332732782822828829830831832 833834835836842882932 > Last »
Up