ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 382
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
frankotank 02:49 PM 09-11-2012
be surprised if somebody hasn't mentioned this one in here...but justin case (he owes me money!)
I am a fan of cherry brewed beers....I admit it! I won't apologize!
Three Philosophers drew me to it for the cherries...a quadruple blended with kriek.

http://www.ommegang.com/#!beer_three

big fan of Ommegangs Hennepin too!

http://www.ommegang.com/#!beer_hennepin

[Reply]
Bump 03:37 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by frankotank:
really? even the Kriek? most times they are out of Kriek and I settle for Framboise, and I never get the peach.. I almost never drink a Lambic pure though...it's so very sweet and soda poppy, but it's not that I don't like it. it's just better tamed down with a quality wheat.
I shoulda said I can't stand Lindeman's Framboise by itself, I haven't had anything else from them.
[Reply]
Bump 03:38 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Sugar in beer? Gtfo
lol, you know that malt is one of the major components of beer making right?
[Reply]
Bump 03:40 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by Braincase:
Picked up two bottles, might crack 'em open this weekend. Also chilling a Stone Brothers 10th Anniversary Ruination, a Reverb Imperial Pilsner (Boulevard Smokestack Series). Still have two bottles of the Saison Bret from Boulevard as well. Have you tried the Russian River/Sierra Nevada Collaboration "Brux"? I have another bottle of that... wow!
how is an imperial pilsner? Gernally, pilsners and light beers are my least favorite style. I'd be game to try an imperial pilsner though. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for it. If Blvd makes it, it's probably gonna be solid.

I have not tried the Russian River.
[Reply]
Bump 03:42 PM 09-11-2012
and a week ago, my buddy had been aging Dogfish Head 120 IPA. I think it was the 2009 or 2010 vintage.

OMFG. If you ever get a chance to try that beer, DO IT! Best beer I've ever had, maybe.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:44 PM 09-11-2012
Im kinda over the trying new beers kick. I've tried too many to count, and there is only a very small handful that are even memorable.

Rogue's Hazlenut Brown Nectar is still my favorite.

Sam Adam's Griffin's Bow was memorable for me.

Had a few Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA's this weekend, which tasted like a rich man's Lagunitas Li'l Sumpin'.

Everything i've had thus far just tastes like a very SLIGHTLY different version of the same beers.

Still waiting for that one beer that makes me go, "WHOA"
[Reply]
Bump 03:50 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Im kinda over the trying new beers kick. I've tried too many to count, and there is only a very small handful that are even memorable.

Had a few Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA's this weekend, which tasted like a rich man's Lagunitas Li'l Sumpin'.

Everything i've had thus far just tastes like a very SLIGHTLY different version of the same beers.

I haven't hit that wall yet. I absolutely love the excitement of trying out a new beer. I still drink what I like too though.

My Go To's:

Dogfish Head Indian Brown
Ithica Cascazilla Red
Allagash White and Black
Harpoon UFO Pumpkin right now, best pumpkin beer for the price when I want to go cheap

I guess I don't have that many go to's, lol
[Reply]
frankotank 09:02 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

WHOA!

anybody get this but me? (prolly not....)

I frequent the saucer (my plate is on the wall...yeah I know....big deal) and I've tried hundreds of beers. if there is one beer in heaven....it will be BLVD BBQ. this was the ultimate "WHOA" beer for me!

hands down my favorite beer on the planet. it is seasonal and it can sometimes be a bitch to find because it sells so quickly. I have a few hoarded at home still from last season. I wish this was something I could get my hands on all the time.

http://www.boulevard.com/BoulevardBe...on-barrel-quad
[Reply]
phisherman 09:26 AM 09-12-2012
Try Rye on Rye too. Whoa. Tasty.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:34 AM 09-12-2012
Reaper, the Saucer has Cantillon Lou Pepe Geuze. I've never had it. Do I need to try it? I've had their Kriek and Iris and loved both.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:55 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Reaper, the Saucer has Cantillon Lou Pepe Geuze. I've never had it. Do I need to try it? I've had their Kriek and Iris and loved both.
Of course you need to try it. Lou Pepe is like Cantillon's reserve/grand cru line. Don't pass up this chance.
[Reply]
phisherman 11:23 AM 09-12-2012
Looks like Friday will be my 3rd trip for Sour Week!
[Reply]
frankotank 11:31 AM 09-12-2012
hey...I just picked up a bottle of BLVD Stingo.
the guy told me it was limited and they originally would only allow a few bottles per customer, but now that the initial excitement has died down he'll sell a bruvva whatever.
so...if you care...I know where you can get a case or more of this in the KC area. hell as hard as it is to get BBQ's I hope I like this one a lot!

anybody tried this?

[Reply]
phisherman 11:38 AM 09-12-2012
The Stingo is pretty good. But nowhere near the level of BBQ. I just opened a 2010 BBQ the other night, whoa. Soooooooo boozy. Love it.
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:49 AM 09-12-2012
Stingo is incredible, for an English Strong Ale. That small undercurrent of tartness plays so well with the coffee-forward deep malty flavors. That style doesn't quite have the ceiling of a barrel-aged, tart-cherry-added, Belgian Quadrupel. Stingo is a great Right Guard, while BBQ is a great Middle Linebacker.
[Reply]
Page 97 of 382
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197 > Last »
Up