ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 24
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fisher has a Achilles injury
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:36 PM 01-24-2021

T Eric Fisher is out with an achilles injury.

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) January 25, 2021

tough break for Chiefs and Fisher. They'll play in Super Bowl without either starting tackle. https://t.co/O4KR9KJ65r

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) January 25, 2021

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:24 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
We wont have Fisher and Schwartz is probably finished. You're not going to surround your 500 mil QB with journeymen tackles
Well that saves us $18MM on the cap right there so you can afford to fill some holes. I would be fine with going tackle in round 1 if there is a good player available at 32.
[Reply]
Coach 07:24 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
He just carries that unrealistic 1-1 pick expectation...it'll be with him forever, no matter how solid he is.
Yeah, he's not really a 1-1 pick, and that class overall was ass.

That being said, it's not a awful pick by any means. Luke Joeckel busted hard and was out of the league in 2017.

Lane Johnson was another guy that could had possibly go 1-1 as well, and he turned out pretty well, but definitely would had an unrealistic 1-1 pick expectations. Dion Jordan didn't amount to anything. Ansah was solid as well, but also would had that unrealistic 1-1 pick expectations as well.

That 2013 class would have looked a whole a lot different in the first round. The best player in that round 1 was DeAndre Hopkins, and he went 27th.

The flip side of that 2013 class overall was, Travis Kelce. Other than Fisher and Kelce, not a single player from that class is still on this roster.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:25 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, but this idea that it must be in the 1st is silly. They won’t pass up on a stud WR or DE to reach for an OT.

There’s going to be a serious run on OT’s in the 1st, so unless you’re willing to reach for one, it’s not likely to be BPA.
This may well be true, and I wouldn't advocate 'reaching' for anyone at all.

It's going to be a weird draft, with the covid season and offseason.

But just judging by published mocks, and playing around with mock machines, there's nearly always an OT that fits Reid's type right around #32 that's rated as one of if not the highest rated player available. I'm not saying you MUST, but I'm saying it wouldn't have to be a reach.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:26 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I bet he feels like a giant dumbass right now.
I doubt it. It's not like we were the Jets and overachieved. We were the defending champs and the odds on favorite to repeat. If he wasn't aware that we were most likely going to be exactly where we are now than I have to wonder about his mental acuity.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:27 PM 01-25-2021
Well that saves us $18MM on the cap right there so you can afford to fill some holes. I would be fine with going tackle in round 1 if there is a good player available at 32.
Would you get a guy like Trent William's for a year or 2 and use the draft to get a pass rusher or another linebacker?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:28 PM 01-25-2021
I feel good with Remmers at Tackle. Stats actually showed that he was best this year than when Schwartz played this year. Wiz at RG will be great. I’m worried about Wylie tho at RT. JPP and Barrett
[Reply]
tredadda 07:28 PM 01-25-2021
They need to draft BPA. If that's an Olineman than great, if not look in round two or later.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:29 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Would you get a guy like Trent William's for a year or 2 and use the draft to get a pass rusher or another linebacker?
Don’t need another LB tbh. We got Hitchens and Gay. Hitchens has had a hell of a season. A pass rusher possibly because Okafor and KPass will be gone. Danna will probably be at the DE next year opposite of Clark
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:29 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I doubt it. It's not like we were the Jets and overachieved. We were the defending champs and the odds on favorite to repeat. If he wasn't aware that we were most likely going to be exactly where we are now than I have to wonder about his mental acuity.
Its one thing to opt out in August not knowing what all is going to happen and another thing to know you would likely be starting in the SB but instead will be on your couch watching.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:31 PM 01-25-2021
They need to draft BPA. If that's an Olineman than great, if not look in round two or later.
Position of need is more critical than simply BPA when you have a close to SB ready roster. What if BPA is a RB or WR?

We need OL and LB.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:31 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Don’t need another LB tbh. We got Hitchens and Gay. Hitchens has had a hell of a season. A pass rusher possibly because Okafor and KPass will be gone. Danna will probably be at the DE next year opposite of Clark
Perhaps we get KPass back on a team friendly deal. Perhaps his market won't be as high as he thinks ala DRob.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:31 PM 01-25-2021
Niang wants to skip out but can participate in BLM protests. Makes you wonder about if he really cares about football
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:33 PM 01-25-2021
Perhaps we get KPass back on a team friendly deal. Perhaps his market won't be as high as he thinks ala DRob.
I can see DROB back again for a one year 3 mil contract. His best aspect is his blocking. Watkins is gone for sure. I’m looking at Hardman to step up. Last night was a great response by him and shows his mentality. He didn’t quit, he stepped up and made plays for us. I also see Pringle stepping up next year
[Reply]
tredadda 07:39 PM 01-25-2021
Position of need is more critical than simply BPA when you have a close to SB ready roster. What if BPA is a RB or WR?

We need OL and LB.
WR might be a bigger need than it seems at this moment. Watkins is likely gone and Hardman, Pringle, and Drob have yet to show they can be a reliable #2 opposite Hill. We also need a TE because the drop off after Kelce is scary. I don't disagree with us needing LB and OL (probably our biggest need, especially if we lose both Fisher and Schwartz).
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:41 PM 01-25-2021
Fisher missed 8 weeks last year and with Erving at LT averaged about 30 points when Mahomes started.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 24
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up