ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 181 of 256
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185191231 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:30 PM 11-08-2022
Returnal coming to PC, can't wait as it's really the only PS5 exclusive I have wanted since day one. :-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:32 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
its a hundred for the expansions and a whole year.

I know this is an old post but theres a new year coming up and its about the same cost.

also , if you look around you can get the entire year for less .. like 75$

but you dont NEED the entire year packages, its just better to buy a whole year than a season at a time, i think
I didn't like the fact they take away content especially since it doesn't have enough varied PVE content for me to wanna keep grinding. I really only like the open world activities and strikes.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:13 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Returnal coming to PC, can't wait as it's really the only PS5 exclusive I have wanted since day one. :-)
Hell yes!
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:39 PM 11-08-2022

Another 2023 release, we need stuff this year please. :-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:14 PM 11-08-2022
Horizon MMO coming to PC and PS5 by NCSOFT
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:13 AM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Is MW2 worth the buy? Reviews are mixed it seems.

Gonna get the new GOW tomorrow too. Pretty excited for it. I still need to beat the new Horizon. It's starting to get cold out so I'll want to stay indoors more and play.
I recently got the MW2 PS5 bundle and I'm a little mixed on it myself.

It's CoD so it's generally more of the same thing they've been pumping out for a decade now, but I don't like the new perk system or the weapon unlock system either.

For the perks: for each loadout you have two optional perks that you will start the game with. Then each loadout has an additional perk that will be unlocked roughly 5 minutes into the match, followed by an ultimate perk that will activate roughly 8 minutes into the match.

On top of that weird system, I don't like the perks much themselves. I've found myself settling on using "scavenger" which is one that I basically never used in previous games simply because the other options suck balls.

Also, and this is a more annoying issue for me at the moment, the weapon system requires you to unlock certain guns by using other guns, often from a completely different class. I mainly use SMGs and am trying to unlock all of them to see which one I like best, but instead of them all unlocking after reaching a certain level like normal, instead they require you to do research on which guns you'll need to use and level up before you even unlock it.

For example, there is an SMG I want to unlock called, idk, the Hurricane. In order to unlock it, I must first level the Kastov, which is an assault rifle, to level 12, but in order to do that I must first unlock the Kastov which requires me to level the Whatchamacallit, which is a sniper rifle, to level 25.

It is truly the stupidest fucking thing on the planet and I'm not sure what fucking psycho signed off on it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:17 AM 11-09-2022
I said 'unlock' a lot in that post, but you get my point.

Idk who thought that shit was a good idea, but it's fucking infuriating me right now. I just want to find the best SMG for me and instead they're making me use these dumbass single-fire rifles that I have literally NEVER used in any CoD I've ever played.

Oh, and not that this matters, but they've seemed to have done away with checking your stats. You can't even see your lifetime K/D or confirms/denies in Kill Confirmed, none of that. Small thing but still weird.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:35 AM 11-09-2022
Oof. Seems like they continue to phone it in with COD.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:14 AM 11-09-2022
Don't get me wrong, I still have a ton of fun when I play.

This is my first CoD since WW2 so I'm not sure if this is new, but they allow you to choose multiple game modes prior to queuing. So I've just been picking TDM, FFA, Kill Confirmed and Domination and I can get into a diverse array of matches super quickly.

I just.. truly don't understand the logic behind forcing people to use one gun in order to unlock another.
[Reply]
Fish 01:37 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I recently got the MW2 PS5 bundle and I'm a little mixed on it myself.

It's CoD so it's generally more of the same thing they've been pumping out for a decade now, but I don't like the new perk system or the weapon unlock system either.

For the perks: for each loadout you have two optional perks that you will start the game with. Then each loadout has an additional perk that will be unlocked roughly 5 minutes into the match, followed by an ultimate perk that will activate roughly 8 minutes into the match.

On top of that weird system, I don't like the perks much themselves. I've found myself settling on using "scavenger" which is one that I basically never used in previous games simply because the other options suck balls.

Also, and this is a more annoying issue for me at the moment, the weapon system requires you to unlock certain guns by using other guns, often from a completely different class. I mainly use SMGs and am trying to unlock all of them to see which one I like best, but instead of them all unlocking after reaching a certain level like normal, instead they require you to do research on which guns you'll need to use and level up before you even unlock it.

For example, there is an SMG I want to unlock called, idk, the Hurricane. In order to unlock it, I must first level the Kastov, which is an assault rifle, to level 12, but in order to do that I must first unlock the Kastov which requires me to level the Whatchamacallit, which is a sniper rifle, to level 25.

It is truly the stupidest fucking thing on the planet and I'm not sure what fucking psycho signed off on it.
Wow. I was really considering purchasing this, but that sounds incredibly frustrating.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:54 PM 11-09-2022
COD is Madden, change my mind lolz
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:57 PM 11-09-2022
Yeah, like I said, I enjoy the game, but the more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. Why the fuck would they think this was a good idea? All you do is piss off your player base. No one benefits from me having to play with single-fire rifles and LMGs when I don't want to play with them. I'm truly baffled as to what their thought process was.

You can read a bit more about it here:

https://www.gamesradar.com/modern-wa...eapons-unlock/

And this quote shows exactly what I'm talking about. Note how many of these weapons you need to use are not even SMGs. It's absurd.

Originally Posted by :
Below you'll find all eight SMGs and how to unlock them.

VEL 46
MX9 (Unlocks by leveling the STB 556 to lvl 13)
Lachmann Sub (Unlocks by leveling the Lachmann-556 to lvl 12)
Vaznev-9K (Unlocks by leveling the Kastov-74U to lvl 15)
FSS Hurricane (Unlocks by leveling the M4 to lvl 13)
Minibak (Unlocks by leveling the Vaznev-9K to lvl 14)
PDSW 528 (Unlocks at MR 5)
Fennec 45 (Unlocks at MR 38)

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:57 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Don't get me wrong, I still have a ton of fun when I play.

This is my first CoD since WW2 so I'm not sure if this is new, but they allow you to choose multiple game modes prior to queuing. So I've just been picking TDM, FFA, Kill Confirmed and Domination and I can get into a diverse array of matches super quickly.

I just.. truly don't understand the logic behind forcing people to use one gun in order to unlock another.
I don't mind when they gate upgraded weapons. It helps the player avoid becoming OP and ruining the game (I'm big on difficulty myself, I want a challenge).

But gating NEW weapons and forcing you to use weapons you don't even want to use is whack.
[Reply]
Pants 05:36 PM 11-09-2022
Modern Warfare 2019 was superb. Probably the best COD ever.

This one feels SOOOO much worse for some reason. Everything from perks, to the maps, to the weird unfinished feel of it. The skins and weapons progressions. Nothing is intuitive.

To me, 2019 was like a 95/100 and this is like a 70/100. I was so excited for this one and just feel so underwhelmed.
[Reply]
Bump 12:54 AM 11-10-2022
I actually purchased the PS5 call of duty bundle, the damn thing plays good on the ps5. I actually like this call of duty. The last one I played was black ops 3 I think.
[Reply]
Page 181 of 256
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185191231 > Last »
Up