ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 319
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:00 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's probably going to get a lot more than we can afford but who knows. The cap is a mystery really.
I’d bring him in on a deal that has a low cap hit this year and then his bigger cap hits happen when Clark is off the roster.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:06 AM 02-17-2021
The only LB that I’m taking in the first round is Owusu-Koramoah. And he won’t be there at #31.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:08 AM 02-17-2021
Luke Kuechly was the 9th pick overall, dude.

Bobby Wagner was a 2nd round pick.

You're just proving my point, so thanks!
How? YOU said picking A LINEBACKER would be a terrible pick...now you're trying to move the sticks? Lol again OK BUDDY!!.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:10 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
How? YOU said picking A LINEBACKER would be a terrible pick...now you're trying to move the sticks? Lol again OK BUDDY!!.
You need to learn to read, bro. Not even halfway down the page even...

A RB is more valuable than a LB at #31.

A LB is more valuable than a RB at #11.

I would never draft a RB top 15. Vice versa, I would draft a LB there because that's where the blue chippers go. After that though, there's a HUGE drop off in both performance and value.

No, I wouldn't like taking Collins at #31. I think that's a terrible use of resources. That being said, I will be the least of the board's worries if this team takes ANYTHING other than OL with that pick.

[Reply]
penguinz 11:10 AM 02-17-2021
Pretty sure he said picking a LB outside of the top 10 in the first round was a wasted pick for THIS team.

LB's don't cover =>good TE's.

We need DLine and Secondary.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:11 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Pretty sure he said picking a LB outside of the top 10 in the first round was a wasted pick for THIS team.

LB's don't cover =>good TE's.

We need DLine and Secondary.
That's EXACLTY what I said. He just didn't see it or read it.

Pick a LB in the top 15. That's good value. Otherwise wait until the 2nd or 3rd. There's little value in LB's in the late first. You're likely getting a developmental player there.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:21 AM 02-17-2021
You need to learn to read, bro. Not even halfway down the page even...
Your point remains futile because we're obviously NOT picking top ten...so suggesting you'd "pick one there but not 31" is kind of silly and worthless because we're not likely to pick there in the Mahomes era anyway.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:27 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The only LB that I’m taking in the first round is Owusu-Koramoah. And he won’t be there at #31.
This player is being thought of more as a Safety than LB from what I have heard out of the NFL talking heads.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 AM 02-17-2021
Your point remains futile because we're obviously NOT picking top ten...so suggesting you'd "pick one there but not 31" is kind of silly and worthless because we're not likely to pick there in the Mahomes era anyway.
So mentioning Luke Kuechly is completely irrelevant, since he was the 9th overall pick.

Good to know.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:30 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
This player is being thought of more as a Safety than LB from what I have heard out of the NFL talking heads.
Exactly why I would take him.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:41 AM 02-17-2021
So mentioning Luke Kuechly is completely irrelevant, since he was the 9th overall pick.

Good to know.
Er I said IF A GUY LIKE KURCHLY or Wagner was there (at 31) are you telling me you wouldn't pick them because of your futile notion? That's the point I was making but you clearly couldn't comprehend it. The bottom line is your point was frivolous from the start...period.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:42 AM 02-17-2021
Er I said IF A GUY LIKE KURCHLY or Wagner was there (at 31) are you telling me you wouldn't pick them because of your futile notion? That's the point I was making but you clearly couldn't comprehend it. The bottom line is your point was frivolous from the start...period.
Luke Kuechly wouldn't be there at 31. Guys like him don't fall to 31. JFC dude, you're being ridiculous.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:44 AM 02-17-2021
OK out of Notre Dame would be the Dirty Dan replacement. He can cover TEs and RBs....but he can also blitz and play the run well.

Too bad he won’t be there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:51 AM 02-17-2021
The bottom line is this:

Top flight LB prospects like Kuechly, White, Simmons, and Bush go in the top 15.

After that, the value at LB is outside the first round. Bobby Wagner is the PERFECT example of that.

So by mentioning Kuechly and Wagner, you're proving my point.

Again, I thank you.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:57 AM 02-17-2021
I totally agree that if all things are equal and we can choose between a game changing WR, OL, DE or LB @31, we should probably wait to take a LB and trading down would likely be very wise.

Where I disagree is that LB isn’t a valued position because we only use 2 linebackers the majority of the time.

Like...haven’t you guys seen that glaring weakness against teams with balanced attacks? Spags saw Neimann as our best option in those sets.

Think about that for a moment.

Spags saw a complete liability as our best option for a set we use frequently and some of you don’t see that upgrade as a need worthy of the 31st or even our pick in the second.
[Reply]
Page 84 of 319
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Up