ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 319
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:59 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Probably a good plan unless there's somebody you can't pass up at 31.
Mecole Hardman sucks and Nick Allegreti embarrassed himself in the Super Bowl.

I get your point though.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:00 PM 02-11-2021
We have 2 elite pass catchers already.

We have 2 elite pass rushers already.

We don't currently have shit on the roster that would qualify as a healthy offensive lineman that's anything other than average or slightly above average.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:01 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Who are you trading for and what are you giving up?
Those are the questions.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:01 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

We don't currently have shit on the roster that would qualify as a healthy offensive lineman that's anything other than average or slightly above average.
All those great receivers we draft aren't going to mean shit when Mahomes gets killed because the o-line sucks.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:02 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
October would be 9 months.
Pretty sure I read on the Athletic he didn't have surgery until February.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:03 PM 02-11-2021
I just hope people realize that Veach and Andy aren’t going to go out and draft stout offensive linemen and change his offense to run the ball 25 times a game. That shit isn’t happening.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:03 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

We have two contributing WR's that are free agents. We have ZERO defensive ends opposite Clark.

They're still needs even if they aren't as dire as OL.

You don't go into the draft thinking you're going to draft one or two positions and only those positions. It doesn't work that way. Thankfully, the Chiefs won't approach it that way either.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:03 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
All those great receivers we draft aren't going to mean shit when Mahomes gets killed because the o-line sucks.
Why do you assume the line is going to suck?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:04 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Like Luke Joeckel, Mike Williams, or Robert Gallery?

Picks at every level bust including in the top 5.

That's why you try to have as many of them as you can and don't put too many eggs in one basket.
absolutely.

I think we could probably agree though, that it's time to move OL up in priority from 7th round/UDFA development project level talent and into guys you can project as legitimate NFL starters. That's going to mean investing more significant draft capital.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:04 PM 02-11-2021
I just hope people realize that Veach and Andy aren’t going to go out and draft stout offensive linemen and change his offense to run the ball 25 times a game. That shit isn’t happening.
Yep.

People are setting themselves up to be really disappointed this offseason.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:05 PM 02-11-2021
Why do you assume the line is going to suck?
C'mon man. Who you lining up for game one right now?

It ain't pretty.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:05 PM 02-11-2021
Who are you trading for and what are you giving up?
Rashawn Slater. I think he's damn near prototypical for what you'd want in this offense. If he goes top 5, then that's the way it goes. But if the QBs, WRs, and defensive talent garner most of the attention early and he slides down the board go up and get him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:05 PM 02-11-2021
Yep.

People are setting themselves up to be really disappointed this offseason.

I don't think anybody wants that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:06 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't think anybody wants that.
There are multiple people on this board that want that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:06 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
absolutely.

I think we could probably agree though, that it's time to move OL up in priority from 7th round/UDFA development project level talent and into guys you can project as legitimate NFL starters. That's going to mean investing more significant draft capital.
ABSOLUTELY.

I don't disagree AT ALL with the idea of grabbing offensive linemen high in the draft.

In more than one of my mocks, I took 2 in the first 3 rounds. In my latest mock, I took a tackle and center first and second (after trading down). I'm not opposed with spending resources on linemen as long as they do it wisely.

The ONLY thing I'm opposed to is this idea that we HAVE to do this or we HAVE to do that. There's a dozen ways to skin this cat and I think they've done plenty enough to earn our trust, no matter what happens.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 319
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up