ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 137 of 319
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187237 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
BossChief 02:12 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Why would Spags cut the guy who he trusts with relaying the play call?
Because that position needs an upgrade.

The only LB currently on the Chiefs that will be here after this year is WGJ. Everyone else will be new.

Cutting Hitchens as a June 1st designation clears 6.5m this year and he can be easily be replaced for probably half that this offseason due to the uniqueness.

If he stays, he will need to take a pay cut.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:58 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He said the draft is deep at OL and LB. You should probably go read the transcript.
No. That’s not what he said. If your going to be snarky, at least get it right...

He said OL, WR and CB are the spots that are deep in this draft. CB through the 4th round. He even says earlier in the interview other positions aren’t as deep...indicating those may need addressed earlier. Pretty much exactly what I said in our conversation about drafting a LB early a week or 2 ago. I listed 3 or 4 of the top linebackers I think will be considered in our first 2 picks.

At 24:40 in the video, he says the 3 spots they are looking to upgrade are OL, DL and LB.

“This can go in a lot of different directions based on FA, but the offseason blueprint is to upgrade the offensive and defensive lines and the linebacker position. That doesn’t mean you can’t upgrade elsewhere, but that’s the offseason blueprint.”

He obviously wants a DL that can get pressure without as much blitzing, 2 3 down linebackers for the middle of the defense and he says he’s happy with the secondary shortly after.

Just me and my Veach.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:19 AM 03-02-2021
I mean, if a position isn't deep in this draft, that doesn't mean - to me - to make sure you get a player from that position early.

That's the thought process that led to them trading up for and taking Speaks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:21 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He said OL, WR and CB are the spots that are deep in this draft. CB through the 4th round. He even says earlier in the interview other positions aren’t as deep...
This is what he said, as I indicated in paraphrase.

indicating those may need addressed earlier. Pretty much exactly what I said in our conversation about drafting a LB early a week or 2 ago. I listed 3 or 4 of the top linebackers I think will be considered in our first 2 picks.
100% pure speculation. Nothing more.

At 24:40 in the video, he says the 3 spots they are looking to upgrade are OL, DL and LB.
Upgrade does not mean draft, as he DIRECTLY mentions in the next quote:

This can go in a lot of different directions based on FA, but the offseason blueprint is to upgrade the offensive and defensive lines and the linebacker position. That doesn’t mean you can’t upgrade elsewhere, but that’s the offseason blueprint.”
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:22 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I mean, if a position isn't deep in this draft, that doesn't mean - to me - to make sure you get a player from that position early.

That's the thought process that led to them trading up for and taking Speaks.
Boss is a GM in his other life. He's got a direct line to Veach, you know.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:41 AM 03-02-2021
The hell are you so butthurt for? All Boss did was point out, accurately, that Veach seems to have put a priority on OL, DL, and LB this off season based on what he said.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:44 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The hell are you so butthurt for? All Boss did was point out, accurately, that Veach seems to have put a priority on OL, DL, and LB this off season based on what he said.
Except that he didn't say anything about priority. He talked about depth of the draft.

Boss connecting dots is nothing more than Boss connecting dots.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:48 AM 03-02-2021
Except that he didn't say anything about priority. He talked about depth of the draft.

Boss connecting dots is nothing more than Boss connecting dots.
“This can go in a lot of different directions based on FA, but the offseason blueprint is to upgrade the offensive and defensive lines and the linebacker position. That doesn’t mean you can’t upgrade elsewhere, but that’s the offseason blueprint.”

Thats a pretty clear and concise statement by Veach.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:48 AM 03-02-2021
And as for the "butthurt", it isn't coming from me.

It's coming from the people having a fucking fit of hysteria over a lopsided Super Bowl loss.

From a fanbase that was wondering, many of us after 30 years or more, if we'd ever see the Chiefs in the Super Bowl AT ALL, let alone a year after WINNING ONE.

It's all about perspective.

It's like what happened in the Super Bowl has returned people to 2012 or something. It's pretty fucking ridiculous if you ask me.

This team WILL address the offensive line. They're probably not going to draft 3 or 4 guys like some people want, nor are they going to replace both starting tackles in one offseason, like other people want, but they sure as shit aren't going to do nothing.

People need to get over it and let the process play out. This team is going to be a perennial contender and people are handwringing like they might not make the fucking playoffs if they don't throw everything they have at the offensive line.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:50 AM 03-02-2021

Thats a pretty clear and concise statement by Veach.
Did you miss the part about Free Agency, which Boss even mentioned explicitly in his quote but conveniently ignored in his analysis?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:52 AM 03-02-2021
I doubt they would cut Hitchens, who handles all of the defensive calls, and go with two inexperienced players at LB.

Gay was always a bit of a project; athletic freak but raw. Now you want to add a rookie and roll with that? I seriously doubt it.

Do we need to get better at LB? Well, sure. But right now Hitchens is important.

DE is a bigger need, in my opinion, and will need to be addressed early if you're looking for year one impact.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:54 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I doubt they would cut Hitchens, who handles all of the defensive calls, and go with two inexperienced players at LB.

Gay was always a bit of a project; athletic freak but raw. Now you want to add a rookie and roll with that? I seriously doubt it.

Do we need to get better at LB? Well, sure. But right now Hitchens is important.

DE is a bigger need, in my opinion, and will need to be addressed early if you're looking for year one impact.
Yep.

This team (and head coach going even further back) has a history of slow-rolling rookies at certain positions. There are certain things just aren't going to realistically happen.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:54 AM 03-02-2021
Did you miss the part about Free Agency, which Boss even mentioned explicitly in his quote but conveniently ignored in his analysis?
So he speculated on 3 or 4 of the LBs the Chiefs may look at early in the draft? I really dont see this egregious wrong he's apparently commiting here. Just speculation based on what Veach said.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:56 AM 03-02-2021
So he speculated on 3 or 4 of the LBs the Chiefs may look at early in the draft? I really dont see this egregious wrong he's apparently commiting here. Just speculation based on what Veach said.
Well, I don't view it as "egregious" so there's that.

It's BossChief. He likes sometimes to pretend he knows more than the rest of us. So he gets some ribbing for that and even though this time it's me, it's not often me.

When he says things like "Just me and my Veach" that invites criticism...and laughter. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:05 AM 03-02-2021
Also, I don't have a beef with Boss either. He and I are actually good and we've had quite a few private chats.

I'm totally with him on the Corey Linsley train. I think that would be the best move of the offseason by far (considering we can't afford Williams, who Boss wanted as well).
[Reply]
Page 137 of 319
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187237 > Last »
Up