ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 136 of 319
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186236 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:41 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I never said it does.
All I'm saying is that nothing he said today suggest Collins is on the table.

IF he's not just engaging in coach/GM speak, which he likely is, it suggests a LB might be on the table.

I get what you're saying about it being a possibility but them taking Collins was a possibility BEFORE today. Nothing he said changes Collins' status at all.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:42 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
All I'm saying is that nothing he said today suggest Collins is on the table.

IF he's not just engaging in coach/GM speak, which he likely is, it suggests a LB might be on the table.

I get what you're saying about it being a possibility but them taking Collins was a possibility BEFORE today. Nothing he said changes Collins' status at all.
Ironically, I think you’re reading way too much into my comment.

I’m not saying anything like that.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:42 PM 03-01-2021
I feel like we attack the OL/DL in the draft and then sign a guy like Tyrell Williams to be our second WR option and someone like KJ Wright to replace Wilson

I'd be perfectly fine with that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:46 PM 03-01-2021
Ironically, I think you’re reading way too much into my comment.

I’m not saying anything like that.
This is what you said:

"I just had my doubts that they would take a LB there. Now I’m at least thinking they wouldn’t be totally against it."

If LB was on the table today, it was on the table yesterday. Nothing changed today. That's all I'm saying.

You shouldn't have had doubts about them taking a LB. I see why his public statements convinced you and that's great but nothing changed in Veach's thought process.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:52 PM 03-01-2021
This is what you said:

"I just had my doubts that they would take a LB there. Now I’m at least thinking they wouldn’t be totally against it."

If LB was on the table today, it was on the table yesterday. Nothing changed today. That's all I'm saying.

You shouldn't have had doubts about them taking a LB. I see why his public statements convinced you and that's great but nothing changed in Veach's thought process.
JFC you’ve been a little touchy lately about LB’s dude :-)

I obviously thought Collins was a possibility before today, but as I said “I had my doubts” that they’d take one at 31 given other needs and positional value.

Between the updates on Fisher/Schwartz and him listing LB as a need or something they’re looking for, it just confirmed that it’s in play for me.

That’s all I’m saying.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:58 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Another guy who might fit the profile for Veach at pass-rusher if we go DL is Jayson Oweh from Penn State.

6'5'' 260 Lbs

Maybe starts as a situational pass-rusher.
from Imgflip Meme Generator

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:05 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
from Imgflip Meme Generator
Do you know something I don't know?!

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:11 PM 03-01-2021
JFC you’ve been a little touchy lately about LB’s dude :-)

I obviously thought Collins was a possibility before today, but as I said “I had my doubts” that they’d take one at 31 given other needs and positional value.

Between the updates on Fisher/Schwartz and him listing LB as a need or something they’re looking for, it just confirmed that it’s in play for me.

That’s all I’m saying.
Not touchy at all. Just pointing out that you really shouldn't have any doubts when it comes to this front office.

All today was was a teaser. They've probably been thinking about LB candidates since the Super Bowl ended, if not before.

I'm glad you got your confirmation though. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 04:15 PM 03-01-2021
Not touchy at all. Just pointing out that you really shouldn't have any doubts when it comes to this front office.

All today was was a teaser. They've probably been thinking about LB candidates since the Super Bowl ended, if not before.

I'm glad you got your confirmation though. :-)
That’s not the kind of doubt I’m referring to.

I have full confidence in this front office regardless of this.

But given positional value, investing a 2nd last year, and other needs (especially OT), I wasn’t sure if it was a realistic possibility at 31.

I don’t put that much stock into what Veach said, but for now I’m going to assume that Collins is a legitimate possibility like I already was (despite my doubts).
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:21 PM 03-01-2021
That’s not the kind of doubt I’m referring to.

I have full confidence in this front office regardless of this.

But given positional value, investing a 2nd last year, and other needs (especially OT), I wasn’t sure if it was a realistic possibility at 31.

I don’t put that much stock into what Veach said, but for now I’m going to assume that Collins is a legitimate possibility like I already was (despite my doubts).
Fair enough.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:57 PM 03-01-2021
Veach has been very straight forward in these pressers in the past about what they’re looking for in the draft and FA. Go back and watch these pressers from the last 2 offseasons.

If he says they’re going to go heavy on the lines and LB, you should take that at face value.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:58 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And I don’t disagree with taking a LB like Collins at 31 if he’s BPA. He can start at SLB in the base set and be depth in his first year in the nickel sets.
The kid from hams kinda reminds me of WGJ in some ways.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:01 PM 03-01-2021
There’s a pretty long list of dudes Id take over Collins at 32:

WR - Bateman, Marshall, Toney
DE - Rousseau, Paye, maybe Phillips
OT - Jenkins, Mayfield, Cosmi

I think they’ll be able to find a player who can play a starting role right away at that draft slot, who is just as good as Collins at what they do.

If they have a WR, DE or OL available who is graded similarly to Collins, I think it makes sense to spend it on a positional of higher positional value that also has more immediate impact.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:17 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Veach has been very straight forward in these pressers in the past about what they’re looking for in the draft and FA. Go back and watch these pressers from the last 2 offseasons.

If he says they’re going to go heavy on the lines and LB, you should take that at face value.
He said the draft is deep at OL and LB. You should probably go read the transcript.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:03 AM 03-02-2021
Another interesting thing he said was there will likely be a bunch of unexpected cuts coming up that wouldn’t happen in most years. Expanded talking about the second wave of free agency and how it won’t be common. How lots of teams won’t have room to sign guys and there will be good players on the market. Linked “playing with Pat, Andy and the rest” as what he feels will lead a few of those free agents to KC.

He’s a tuned in straight shooter and he kinda had a level of confidence in that observation that’s kinda exciting.
[Reply]
Page 136 of 319
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146186236 > Last »
Up