ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 319
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
RunKC 11:16 AM 03-01-2021
Breeland is 29 and wants paid, Ward is here 1 more year before someone gives him big money, Baker just broke his goddamn femur and Fenton is a solid #3.

Taking a corner early would be very responsible assuming a talented one is there.
[Reply]
O.city 11:24 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
A first round pick is the opposite of "big resources". The pick itself has value but a big part of that value is having a high-dollar position like CB locked up on a rookie salary for the next 5 years.
A first round pick is a big resource.

My philosophy has changed a bit regards to CB's. I woudln't pay one big money either unless he's legitimately a Ramsey type CB.
[Reply]
O.city 11:25 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Breeland is 29 and wants paid, Ward is here 1 more year before someone gives him big money, Baker just broke his goddamn femur and Fenton is a solid #3.

Taking a corner early would be very responsible assuming a talented one is there.
Sneed, Baker, Fenton.

There you go.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:27 AM 03-01-2021
Breeland is 29 and wants paid
No one is paying Breeland big bucks.

He'll be nearly 30 when the season begins and if a big contract was going to happen, it would have happened last year, before his incident. Instead, he re-signed with the Chiefs for $4 million.

The days of a big contract are over for Breeland.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:34 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No one is paying Breeland big bucks.

He'll be nearly 30 when the season begins and if a big contract was going to happen, it would have happened last year, before his incident. Instead, he re-signed with the Chiefs for $4 million.

The days of a big contract are over for Breeland.
According to over the cap we have paid less than $3 million for Breeland in each year he’s been here.

Considering top end corners get $18-20 million now, I could totally see a team with a ton of cap space offering a deal to him worth $6 million and Veach choosing to pass.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:47 AM 03-01-2021
According to over the cap we have paid less than $3 million for Breeland in each year he’s been here.

Considering top end corners get $18-20 million now, I could totally see a team with a ton of cap space offering a deal to him worth $6 million and Veach choosing to pass.
Maybe, but that team is making a huge leap of faith in a guy that doesn't deserve that leap.

And there's just no way that any team is rewarding a 30 year old CB with an offseason history like Breeland's with a huge contract, which is why he's been available on the cheap for the past three seasons.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 12:09 PM 03-01-2021
185? this season 220? next. Strange things may happen to only make sense later
[Reply]
Hoover 12:27 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
If Breeland leaves there should be a few bargain vets out there just as good.
I don'r understand those who feel Breeland is JAG...

Dude's done everything asked of him and has been great.

I'd rather have him back than Sorenson.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:37 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I don'r understand those who feel Breeland is JAG...

Dude's done everything asked of him and has been great.

I'd rather have him back than Sorenson.
He's good. He replaceable.

Colts signed Xavier Rhodes for 3 million last year.

I think a guy like Bouye or another good vet could end up doing a 1 or 2 year deal here in the 5 million or less ballpark.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:40 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
He's good. He replaceable.

Colts signed Xavier Rhodes for 3 million last year.

I think a guy like Bouye or another good vet could end up doing a 1 or 2 year deal here in the 5 million or less ballpark.
There are no question marks as to Breeland's fit in KC, so why move on from him to take a chance on another vet?

If the money is the same, I don't understand why one would change course.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:45 PM 03-01-2021
Frank Clark's lack of production is a big problem. We've already spent a crapload on D-line. Jones gets double teamed and we get no pass rush. Clark runs straight upfield and takes himself out of plays constantly. Plus you can throw screens at his side all day long. He's sucking down our available bucks for zero return.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:50 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Frank Clark's lack of production is a big problem. We've already spent a crapload on D-line. Jones gets double teamed and we get no pass rush. Clark runs straight upfield and takes himself out of plays constantly. Plus you can throw screens at his side all day long. He's sucking down our available bucks for zero return.
Wow that’s some serious hyperbole.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:52 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And I just watched his comments on Fisher.

Said he had surgery on 1/29 and according to his medical staff....a projected returned is August.
I have been saying he should be back for the opener and no one would believe me. :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:58 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
There are no question marks as to Breeland's fit in KC, so why move on from him to take a chance on another vet?

If the money is the same, I don't understand why one would change course.
I didn't say to change course. Just that if Breeland didn't want to sign we would have options.
[Reply]
Cosmos 01:12 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sneed, Baker, Fenton.

There you go.
Not nearly enough for a 17 week season and a playoff run.

A second year player, a broken leg, and a slot cb.

Much work to do. Hope that Keyes makes the rotation as well.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 319
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183233 > Last »
Up