ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 319
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174224 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:21 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Man. Signing Williams is like my dream FA move. Yeah, it would mean Fisher is gone, but that guy is going to be a top 5-ish LT for another 4-5 years.
Williams will be 33 years old before the 2021 season begins yet you think he'll be a Top 5 left tackle at age 37 and 38??
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:24 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Williams will be 33 years old before the 2021 season begins yet you think he'll be a Top 5 left tackle at age 37 and 38??
Andrew Whitworth was arguably.

He’s such a freak that I think it’s very possible. Has all of the tools in his skill set.

He was top 2 basically for a long stretch there, so I think he will maintain status up there around top 5. He was this past season, I would say.

But I don’t know if he’s going to be willing to take the best contract the Chiefs might be willing to offer. Someone is probably going to offer him $20m APY.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:28 PM 02-26-2021
Williams is not going to be a Chief. Somebody will outbid them, even if they bid.

I can't imagine they're even looking at him given the current state of affairs. Unless they know something about Fisher and just aren't saying (which I highly doubt).
[Reply]
In58men 03:36 PM 02-26-2021
The #Texans released starting center Nick Martin, saving $6.2M against the cap. The former second-round pick has started 62 out of a possible 64 games in his career.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:52 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
The #Texans released starting center Nick Martin, saving $6.2M against the cap. The former second-round pick has started 62 out of a possible 64 games in his career.

Thoughts?

All over that.

He had a rough year but still us in his prime years. Definitely worth a peek.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:32 PM 02-26-2021
Texans released C Nick Martin.
Houston's former second-round pick in 2016, Martin, the younger brother of Cowboys G Zack Martin, was signed to a three-year, $33 million contract two years ago that included $18.3 million guaranteed. The Texans will ultimately save $6.25 million against the cap by moving on, simultaneously losing its starting center in every game for the past three seasons. Martin, 27, is notably an above-average pass blocker but struggles creating holes in the running game. The organization could instead opt to shift starting right guard Zach Fulton to center moving forward.

Sounds like Reiter.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:38 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Houston's former second-round pick in 2016, Martin, the younger brother of Cowboys G Zack Martin, was signed to a three-year, $33 million contract two years ago that included $18.3 million guaranteed. The Texans will ultimately save $6.25 million against the cap by moving on, simultaneously losing its starting center in every game for the past three seasons. Martin, 27, is notably an above-average pass blocker but struggles creating holes in the running game. The organization could instead opt to shift starting right guard Zach Fulton to center moving forward.

Sounds like Reiter.
Just glad to see more options on the market.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:45 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Andrew Whitworth was arguably.

He’s such a freak that I think it’s very possible. Has all of the tools in his skill set.

He was top 2 basically for a long stretch there, so I think he will maintain status up there around top 5. He was this past season, I would say.

But I don’t know if he’s going to be willing to take the best contract the Chiefs might be willing to offer. Someone is probably going to offer him $20m APY.
That's a huge projection because he's nearly 33 years old, which is a point in which most offensive lineman are relegated to back up status, if not just outright retiring.

I'm sure some team will be dumb enough to give him a massive contract but I certainly hope it's not the Chiefs because the risk of significant injury is more likely after the age of 30 than before and you're projecting 5 years down the road at age 38.

The Chiefs certainly don't need the highest paid tackle in the league to win big, they just need an above average guy like Fisher.
[Reply]
In58men 04:46 PM 02-26-2021

Sounds like Reiter.
Sounds like Q

:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:47 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Sounds like Q

I posted it because it had more explanation, dick.

[Reply]
BossChief 04:52 PM 02-26-2021

Sounds like Reiter.
He’s a poor mans Reiter.

If we’re signing a FA OL, Linsley would transform this line into a team strength right away by solidifying the middle of the OL and allowing us to run block the A gaps effectively for the first time in awhile. Plus, he’s just entering his prime and centers are the lowest paid OL and arguably the second most important.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:09 PM 02-26-2021
Start the year...

Niang
Osemele
Linsley
LDT
Schwartz

After Fish returns

Fisher
Osemele
Linsley
Niang
Schwartz
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:16 PM 02-26-2021
Why even bother with Osemele? Just slide Niang down one spot to LG and call it good in that scenario. Allegreti can hold down the LG for a bit.
[Reply]
Pants 05:16 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Start the year...

Niang
Osemele
Linsley
LDT
Schwartz

After Fish returns

Fisher
Osemele
Linsley
Niang
Schwartz
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:18 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
I'm not so thrilled about the idea of a 32 year guard as a starter, especially after blowing out all ligaments in both knees.

The dude will be lucky to play at a high level again.
[Reply]
Page 124 of 319
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174224 > Last »
Up