ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 60
« First < 3434950515253 54555657 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Insiders: Andy and Mahomes upset/mad
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 11-11-2019
Just heard Fescoe talking about someone close to Andy that told him Andy was extremely distraught by this loss and knows he personally screwed up. This isn't just another loss. This affected Andy deeply.

I think we might see some changes going forward, especially in attention to late game situations.

The other thing I heard this morning from my source is that Mahomes was angry after the game yesterday. So angry that he was almost on the verge of tears. Going forward you might see more fire from Mahomes in leading this team and getting on others when shit goes south. Like Marino/Aikman type leadership.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:29 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Yep, after 20 years, Andy's ineptitude has finally gotten him downright peeved!
Well, as luck would have it, Andy was able to shuffle his kids "on the road" (out of the country) to protect their tender feelings from the cruelty of vocal fan-base. Right now he's basking in the love of a country that has no idea just how pathetic our last loss was (they probably think we lost by one goal after penalty kicks), how much Andy Reid's lack of coaching skill played into the one-goal loss, or because they're from here but spent gobs of cash to attend the game so they're suck-ups to the current regime or blinded by their vacation investment.
[Reply]
ARROW2 07:42 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
He slid and stayed inbounds to force Tennessee to use another timeout. If he had thrown the ball out of bounds or an incomplete pass, clock stops, Tennessee has a timeout left.

The play call was crap. Could Mahomes had just knelt and had the same impact? Yes. If Mahomes had been completely healthy and not wearing a brace, he might have even made the 1st down.
You can get the same results by running it up the middle. If Mahomes is in a passing play, I expect him to try to pick up two yards. You don't call a pall play just to slide to force a TO. That's some bullshit.
[Reply]
ARROW2 07:44 AM 11-15-2019
NEVER EVER EVER PUT THE GAME IN THE HANDS OF THIS DEFENSE!! YOU HEAR ME ANDY?!!!

I believe they are better than last year but I'm not doing it. Go for it on 4th A LOT and at the end of games, GO FOR IT......I can't stand watching another team go right down the field on us at crunch time.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:34 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
You can get the same results by running it up the middle. If Mahomes is in a passing play, I expect him to try to pick up two yards. You don't call a pall play just to slide to force a TO. That's some bullshit.
They didn't call the play for MAhomes to slide, they called screen pass that had one option at receiver and it was covered. The one receiver option was Blake fucking Bell.

The play call was epically stupid but Mahomes did all he could do with it.

Why you call a pass play with 1 option in that scenario is just inexplicable.
[Reply]
ARROW2 08:36 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
They didn't call the play for MAhomes to slide, they called screen pass that had one option at receiver and it was covered. The one receiver option was Blake ****ing Bell.

Again, suspect any way you look at it......We sure made them pay for taking that timeout, didn't we?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:53 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
No. And he's in his time-honored "evade the press and social media" mode now..
Thats every NFL coach these days. None of them say shit at press conferences but canned BS. It is what it is.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:58 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
NEVER EVER EVER PUT THE GAME IN THE HANDS OF THIS DEFENSE!! YOU HEAR ME ANDY?!!!
You have 2 plays for the offense to get 2 yards to win the game. I hope he has learned there is a only one choice until the defense is fixed.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:07 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You have 2 plays for the offense to get 2 yards to win the game. I hope he has learned there is a only one choice until the defense is fixed.
Yeah, but the Titans had done absolutely nothing in the passing game before that drive, and it wasn’t likely that they were going to run much on that drive.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:24 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I bet we still find a way to lose.
Fair assessment.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:29 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
They didn't call the play for MAhomes to slide, they called screen pass that had one option at receiver and it was covered. The one receiver option was Blake ****ing Bell.

I would like to take this moment to remind you that there are people on this very board who claim that Andy Reid is a great head coach, and that his offensive play calling is his greatest strength.

I'll leave this post right here...
[Reply]
Meatloaf 10:54 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I would like to take this moment to remind you that there are people on this very board who claim that Andy Reid is a great head coach, and that his offensive play calling is his greatest strength.

I'll leave this post right here...
Yeah, that was a monumentally bad play call. However, that does not negate the fact that Andy is indeed a great play caller. We've all heard anyone who's anybody say that Reid is truly a brilliant offensive mind. Even the most brilliant screw something up now and then. So, I have no problems, in general, with Reid's offensive talents.

The problem is that it takes more than offensive brilliance to be a brilliant head coach....and that's where Andy's weakness is.....he does not handle his defensive duties very well as he's pretty much always had less than stellar defenses (short of when he had a brilliant DC). Frankly, I see very little of Andy's influence on the defense. Am I missing something?

Frankly, I cannot imagine that he doesn't know sound defensive strategies, but damn, I get the feeling that he provides very little input or direction to his DC. I fear Andy loves the offensive side of the ball that he essentially hands the defense over to the DC. Period. To me, I think that's Reid's greatest weakness, certainly not play calling. My too scents.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:00 PM 11-15-2019
Thats every NFL coach these days. None of them say shit at press conferences but canned BS. It is what it is.
Well at least we've heard they're mad as hell.. :-)

I suspect that might mean Andy stays away from the buffet and resists doing stupid shit for a week.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:02 PM 11-15-2019
Fixed? Oh, I get it, that was a joke...
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:21 PM 11-15-2019
Just makes no sense why a play to a seldom used back-up TE would be the play call on the play that could have essentially ended the game.

Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy said the only options for Patrick Mahomes on a key 3rd and 2 play in the fourth quarter against the Titans last week were a screen pass to tight end Blake Bell or a quarterback scramble. Bell was covered and... https://t.co/M9ItOA1Rtq

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) November 15, 2019

[Reply]
New World Order 03:26 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Just makes no sense why a play to a seldom used back-up TE would be the play call on the play that could have essentially ended the game.

What in the ****

We have the best player ni the league and this is what they come up with.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 60
« First < 3434950515253 54555657 > Last »
Up