ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 207
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
rocknrolla 11:33 PM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Enjoyed my bottle of Bulleit Bourbon this weekend
Had some last weekend, It is so smooth, I'll be drinking more.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:34 PM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Even though you're wrong, it's nearly impossible to lose when drinking bourbon.
Dude at liquor store told me to out down the makers and try Knob. Dude had a pony tail and tats, but he knows bourbon
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:55 PM 09-12-2015
Had two double of bulleit tonight. Let's get em today boys!
[Reply]
|Zach| 12:16 AM 09-13-2015
Had Blanton's for the first time and really enjoyed it. This is sort of a new world to me.

Really got into Jameson Irish Whiskey...though around the house I often enjoy Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
[Reply]
Kaepernick 12:46 AM 09-13-2015
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Half done with a bottle Basil Hayden. Very good
Basil Hayden is proof you don't have to spend $60-$80 to get a good Bourbon.
[Reply]
Kaepernick 12:50 AM 09-13-2015
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Having some Knob Creek right now. Better than Makers.
Whether you prefer Makers Mark or Knob Creek is strictly personal preference. I prefer Makers but they are really neck and neck. And I prefer Woodford Reserve to either of them, but they are all peas in a pod -- just personal preference.

I think Bulleit and Buffalo Trace are great at price point but don't rise to the level of the Bourbons listed above.
[Reply]
Kaepernick 01:04 AM 09-13-2015
Has anybody tried Angel's Envy?
[Reply]
Coyote 07:32 AM 09-13-2015
Originally Posted by Kaepernick:
Yes. Routinely drink it as 1 of my staples. Smooth. Not in order but my staples:
Angels Envy, Breckenridge Special Release, Hudson 4 grain, Makers. I'm just about to try a Missouri Bourbon called Montgomery County from Wood Hat Distillery. I also like an Iowa Bourbon from Cedar Ridge I tend to go with small distilleries except for Angels envy and Makers Mark.
[Reply]
shitgoose 07:46 AM 09-13-2015
One of my favorites along with Jeffersons Ocean
[Reply]
phisherman 08:59 AM 09-13-2015
Angel's Envy is a great, easy sipper. The port barrel finish really adds a dark, red fruit element that makes for an interesting pour. Smooth as silk.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:03 AM 09-13-2015
Whether you prefer Makers Mark or Knob Creek is strictly personal preference. I prefer Makers but they are really neck and neck. And I prefer Woodford Reserve to either of them, but they are all peas in a pod -- just personal preference.

I think Bulleit and Buffalo Trace are great at price point but don't rise to the level of the Bourbons listed above.
Makers and Knob Creek are completely different whiskeys. Makers is a wheated bourbon, very smooth and rich, while Knob is all corn and rye, much more spicy and bold. Neither are top tier whiskeys by any measurement, but they are solid.

Woodford Reserve is OK, but a bit overpriced. I actually really like Buffalo Trace and Bulleit both more than I like Woodford.

If you truly want both quality and value, it doesn't get much better than Old Granded 114 or Evan Williams 1783. Neither will run more than $20-25 and are just fantastic every day pours, either neat or in cocktails.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:47 AM 09-13-2015
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Makers and Knob Creek are completely different whiskeys. Makers is a wheated bourbon, very smooth and rich, while Knob is all corn and rye, much more spicy and bold. Neither are top tier whiskeys by any measurement, but they are solid.

Woodford Reserve is OK, but a bit overpriced. I actually really like Buffalo Trace and Bulleit both more than I like Woodford.

If you truly want both quality and value, it doesn't get much better than Old Granded 114 or Evan Williams 1783. Neither will run more than $20-25 and are just fantastic every day pours, either neat or in cocktails.
Agree with all of this. I buy the EW 1783 by the half gallon. Great, great value, and is my daily drinker.

I used to really like Makers, but I'm not that big of a fan any longer. Just a little too smooth and single note for my tastes, now.
[Reply]
Kaepernick 01:48 PM 09-13-2015
Originally Posted by Coyote:
Yes. Routinely drink it as 1 of my staples. Smooth. Not in order but my staples:
Angels Envy, Breckenridge Special Release, Hudson 4 grain, Makers. I'm just about to try a Missouri Bourbon called Montgomery County from Wood Hat Distillery. I also like an Iowa Bourbon from Cedar Ridge I tend to go with small distilleries except for Angels envy and Makers Mark.
Originally Posted by shitgoose:
One of my favorites along with Jeffersons Ocean
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Angel's Envy is a great, easy sipper. The port barrel finish really adds a dark, red fruit element that makes for an interesting pour. Smooth as silk.
Thanks for the recommendations. Will try. Great suggestions in this thread.
[Reply]
farmerchief 01:58 PM 10-05-2015
Very fascinating thread, like to keep checking it on a regular basis! Do most of you guys like these bourbons on the rocks or with water, to get the best flavor and enjoyment?
thanks,
Jim
[Reply]
phisherman 02:52 PM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by farmerchief:
Very fascinating thread, like to keep checking it on a regular basis! Do most of you guys like these bourbons on the rocks or with water, to get the best flavor and enjoyment?
thanks,
Jim
That's mostly a preference thing. I typically enjoy my whiskey neat, but I have had plenty of pours that benefited greatly from a splash or two of water (typically high octane barrel-strength stuff like Stagg Jr. or Elijah Craig Barrel Proof).
[Reply]
Page 21 of 207
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up