ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 3903
« First < 354142434445 4647484955951455451045 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 01:43 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Not necessarily true. N95 masks definitely reduce the ability to get the virus. Surgical masks even give SOME resistance for droplets. The media frenzy giving off false information that masks do not help at all, is concerning. It's a blatant lie.
Maybe so - but if healthy people hoard all the masks it's going to make the outbreak a lot more dangerous.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:51 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Maybe so - but if healthy people hoard all the masks it's going to make the outbreak a lot more dangerous.
How hard is it to make more masks? Either way, don't lie to us. I've read countless media articles that say masks WILL NOT help. Complete lie. Say masks MAY help a little to alot depending on the kind of mask, but do not buy them because first responders need them more than you do. It's not the medias purpose to protect me, it's to tell me the truth.
[Reply]
Donger 01:54 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
but do not buy them because first responders need them more than you do.
That is the truth.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:55 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Los Angeles County is declaring a health emergency as the number of coronavirus cases increased to six

—-

Six is a health emergency?
They know a lot more than what has made public. Where the infected got it, where they went while infected, number of other suspected cases but not confirmed yet etc.

They will err on the side of caution. You want to be the Mayor to possibly head off a major outbreak and you said nah, too much hassle.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:57 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I live in Houston, my perception of humidity is skewed
Try living or visiting Florida. Oppressive Humidity is our middle name. Ask anyone whose been to Disney World, Universal.
[Reply]
Frosty 02:28 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Seattle is the same, just cooler
Not really. 60-70% in the summer. Wetter than the east side where I'm at but no where near what the humidity in the South is like.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 02:29 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
That is the truth.
Here's my thoughts on the masks. The N95 masks that are being bought and resold are mostly masks marketed for painting, drywall, lawn mowers, etc. that are being bought from Lowes, Walmart, Sherwin Williams, etc.
Medical get their masks from medical distributors that don't generally sell to the public. I'm guessing if there's a massive shortage, 3M will send them to the medical distributors before sending them to Sherwin Williams, but I could be wrong.
But, if I'm a painter, I'm pissed about the mask situation right now.
[Reply]
TLO 02:42 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
I was in a briefing yesterday. They aren't expecting the boom in cases for another 9 days....
Anyone care to speculate on this?
[Reply]
Donger 02:44 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
Here's my thoughts on the masks. The N95 masks that are being bought and resold are mostly masks marketed for painting, drywall, lawn mowers, etc. that are being bought from Lowes, Walmart, Sherwin Williams, etc.
Medical get their masks from medical distributors that don't generally sell to the public. I'm guessing if there's a massive shortage, 3M will send them to the medical distributors before sending them to Sherwin Williams, but I could be wrong.
But, if I'm a painter, I'm pissed about the mask situation right now.
I got my N95s during the SARS outbreak, from a medical supply distributor.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 03:05 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I got my N95s during the SARS outbreak, from a medical supply distributor.
I got mine from Walmart Lawn and Garden.:-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:15 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
If you touch your face, you will get the coronavirus, and you will die.
[Reply]
wazu 03:16 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
I got mine from Walmart Lawn and Garden.:-)
Thanks for dooming all of our first responders.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:43 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Not really. 60-70% in the summer. Wetter than the east side where I'm at but no where near what the humidity in the South is like.
Summer is the dry season here. It's much wetter the rest of the time.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:49 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Summer is the dry season here. It's much wetter the rest of the time.
I meant wetter in a humidity sense, not rain.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:53 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I meant wetter in a humidity sense, not rain.
Me too.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 3903
« First < 354142434445 4647484955951455451045 > Last »
Up