ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 3903
« First < 344041424344 4546474854941445441044 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Iowanian 12:54 PM 03-04-2020
If people would just wash their hands like they've just accidentally touched a used condom in a bus stop this wouldn't be an issue.

Wash your hands like you had single ply TP and a triple ply dump.

Wash your hands like you're cutting ghost peppers and have an itchy b-hole.

Then...stay home if you're sick.

Solved.
[Reply]
TLO 12:57 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
If people would just wash their hands like they've just accidentally touched a used condom in a bus stop this wouldn't be an issue.

Wash your hands like you had single ply TP and a triple ply dump.

Wash your hands like you're cutting ghost peppers and have an itchy b-hole.

Then...stay home if you're sick.

Solved.
Same could be said for the flu. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 12:58 PM 03-04-2020
The problem is most people can't stay home if they're sick because they have these things called jobs that don't pay them if they don't show up.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:00 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
You'll notice it is not spreading as fast in area's of high humidity
Seattle isn't high humidity?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:01 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I just need DaFace, the WHO, and CDC to give me updates.
Just to be clear - I don't know shit. I just refuse to buy into scary-sounding numbers without someone who actually knows what they're talking about backing them.
[Reply]
Donger 01:06 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Just to be clear - I don't know shit. I just refuse to buy into scary-sounding numbers without someone who actually knows what they're talking about backing them.

[Reply]
Mecca 01:07 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:

Donger knows shit.........in the garbage can.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:08 PM 03-04-2020
None of the LA cases they found yet are community contracted: https://www.latimes.com/california/s...cy-6-new-cases

Originally Posted by :
None of the new cases are connected to “community spread,” officials said. All individuals were exposed to COVID-19 through close contacts.

The additional cases were confirmed Tuesday night. Officials said three of the new cases were travelers who had visited northern Italy, two were family members who had close contact with someone outside of the county who was infected, and one had a job that put them in contact with travelers.
Also looks like the govt is ramping up testing, which is good.

Originally Posted by :
The county’s move comes as the government has increased testing, which officials have warned will result in the identification of a significant number of new cases.
Originally Posted by :
Los Angeles County will increase its capacity for testing of the virus at its local public health laboratory. Officials will begin daily radio briefings for the public, post new guidelines for schools and colleges, and over the next week will send “technical assistance teams” to make site visits to temporary housing facilities including homeless shelters.

[Reply]
Iowanian 01:12 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Same could be said for the flu. :-)

Exactly.

I was home a couple of days this week with a barfing kid....not sick.

...and yes I know, influenza is not stomach flu, but inf B is presenting with vomiting and high fever.

Just wash your hands you nasty bastards of the world, especially the hand ass wiping, shrine lickers.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:15 PM 03-04-2020

Coronavirus instructions.
Wait for it...pic.twitter.com/WvnKBwKUtb

— Rex Chapman���� (@RexChapman) March 4, 2020

[Reply]
Donger 01:16 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
:-)
[Reply]
eDave 01:18 PM 03-04-2020
We are a team of medical experts following COVID-19's progression closely. Ask Us Anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus...rts_following/
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:20 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Seattle isn't high humidity?
I live in Houston, my perception of humidity is skewed
[Reply]
loochy 01:26 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I live in Houston, my perception of humidity is skewed
Seattle is the same, just cooler
[Reply]
BWillie 01:39 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
I don't think people understand what the facemasks are for during flu season, or in this case, the Covid-19 outbreak. The masks aren't there to stop the virus, per se; the utility of the masks is that they prevent people from touching their face. People, on average, unconsciously touch their face over 90 times per day--so if you use a doorknob that is infected, and then touch your face (mouth/nose area), that is a primary form of transmission.
Not necessarily true. N95 masks definitely reduce the ability to get the virus. Surgical masks even give SOME resistance for droplets. The media frenzy giving off false information that masks do not help at all, is concerning. It's a blatant lie.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 3903
« First < 344041424344 4546474854941445441044 > Last »
Up