ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3002 of 3903
« First < 2002250229022952299229982999300030013002 30033004300530063012305231023502 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 12:16 PM 10-01-2020
It's sad that apparently to convince people to wear masks, you have to show them that masks might actually protect them, and not just others.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:20 PM 10-01-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
It's sad that apparently to convince people to wear masks, you have to show them that masks might actually protect them, and not just others.
Hey that's great.

So why did it take 102 years for "the experts" to come to such a conclusion?
[Reply]
Donger 12:20 PM 10-01-2020
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
Myth: Masks only protect others, not the wearer

Fact: Masks protect both the wearer and everyone around them
Initially, researchers thought cloth face masks only prevented the wearer from infecting people around them but didn’t actually protect the wearer. However, now scientists are starting to understand that the masks serve an important purpose for the wearer: decreasing how much virus they’re exposed to.

If you’re wearing a mask and are near someone who’s sick, your mask will prevent a significant amount of droplets from the sick person from getting in your nose and mouth.

“The amount of virus you get may correlate to how ill you get. Even if someone cuts down exposure but doesn’t avoid it, their illness may be milder,” Harris explains.
Common sense isn't common.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:24 PM 10-01-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Hey that's great.

So why did it take 102 years for "the experts" to come to such a conclusion?
It took a month - because they were running the SARS-I playbook and mainly were trying to prevent an even worse PPE shortage than we already had - as has been pointed out to you and others itt ad-infinitum.

It was still a stupid mistake by the CDC. No one is holding them blameless. But it's not any reason to think masks don't work.

We figured out in this thread that masks work before the CDC finally turned around.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:26 PM 10-01-2020
It took a month - because they were trying to prevent an even worse PPE shortage than we already had - as has been pointed out to you and others itt ad-infinitum.
Except most people aren't using N95 and other medical grade PPE.

They're using... cloth. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, is more abundantly sourced now than it was in 1918.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:28 PM 10-01-2020
Even surgical masks were hard to come by in March. Hospitals near me were taking them as donations.

And people were already trying to buy up as much N-95 masks as they could. They were being gouged like crazy on Amazon and ebay and through wholesalers. The belief at the time was that paper masks do more to protect others from you than the other way around (although it's turning out paper masks reduce viral load and probably protect the wearer more than originally thought).
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:46 PM 10-01-2020
Even surgical masks were hard to come by in March. Hospitals near me were taking them as donations.

And people were already trying to buy up as much N-95 masks as they could. They were being gouged like crazy on Amazon and ebay and through wholesalers. The belief at the time was that paper masks do more to protect others from you than the other way around (although it's turning out paper masks reduce viral load and probably protect the wearer more than originally thought).
Hey that's great.

If cloth masks were acceptable for protecting other people in 1918, and if cloth masks are acceptable for protecting other people presently, then why weren't cloth masks acceptable for protecting other people seven months ago?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:09 PM 10-01-2020
It took a month - because they were running the SARS-I playbook and mainly were trying to prevent an even worse PPE shortage than we already had - as has been pointed out to you and others itt ad-infinitum.

It was still a stupid mistake by the CDC. No one is holding them blameless. But it's not any reason to think masks don't work.

We figured out in this thread that masks work before the CDC finally turned around.
I'm updating my calendar, does anyone know the date of the CDC election?
[Reply]
Donger 04:16 PM 10-01-2020
Hey that's great.

If cloth masks were acceptable for protecting other people in 1918, and if cloth masks are acceptable for protecting other people presently, then why weren't cloth masks acceptable for protecting other people seven months ago?
Does this really need to be covered again?
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:25 PM 10-01-2020
With cloth , N-95s or face shields?
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:29 PM 10-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Does this really need to be covered again?
And again, and again, and again, and again... and the one time you don't get the crayons out to painstakingly draw it up it's HAH - GOTCHA!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:30 PM 10-01-2020
And again, and again, and again, and again...
Tap out acknowledged.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:31 PM 10-01-2020
LOL exactly proving my point.

I literally answered your exact question several posts up. People don't just make cloth masks, they go out and buy the best mask they can get which puts even more strain on the raging PPE shortage. Also SARS-I wasn't airborne. They were playing it like SARS-I at first.

You don't want an answer. You just want to troll. And like all trolls - you're going on my ignore from now on. I can't think of any post of value I've ever read of yours. They're all just snarky one-liner trolls. Life's too short for this nonsense.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:32 PM 10-01-2020
LOL exactly
Answer the question.

Why weren't cloth masks recommended for use months ago?
[Reply]
Donger 04:34 PM 10-01-2020
Tap out acknowledged.
Is it your opinion that masks are not an effective method of reducing the spread of this virus?
[Reply]
Page 3002 of 3903
« First < 2002250229022952299229982999300030013002 30033004300530063012305231023502 > Last »
Up