ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2505 of 3903
« First < 1505200524052455249525012502250325042505 250625072508250925152555260530053505 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Eleazar 06:48 PM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Thread on that new HCQ study. I'd add that these two results are red flags. White race was an independent predictor of mortality (1.7-2.1x the risk), and BMI ≥ 30 had a protective effect (0.62-0.96x the risk). That is not what anyone else's data shows.
CHIEFSPLANET REACHES IMMUNITY
[Reply]
petegz28 07:08 PM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
At 495 right now.
616 for the day. Below last Friday so at least thus far we are not seeing any notable increase in deaths.
[Reply]
Anthony Fauci 07-03-2020, 08:20 PM
This message has been deleted by DaFace.
JohnnyHammersticks 08:53 PM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Depends entirely upon the pathophysiology of the disease in question, the mechanism of the drug, and how one defines "infected".

Take something like HIV. There are multiple stages in the viral life cycle, many of which provide specific targets for therapy.

There are drugs you can use for pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), post-exposure prophylaxis, and treatment. Once you are past the stage of acute infection where viral reservoirs are established in places like memory cells and the DNA of T-cells, dendrites, etc, you can only treat for the remainder of the patient's life, but outside of a bone marrow transplant for someone with two alleles of the CCR5 delta 32 mutation, you aren't going to eliminate the virus.

AZT has a 30+ year history of efficacy in preventing transmission from mother to child, but is only effective for treatment of seropositive individuals when used in combination with other agents.

In the case of COVID, if you had a therapeutic that could prevent fusion of the viral spike to the ACE2 receptor, you might be able to prevent enough replication in the initial phases to prevent the virus from establishing a foothold within the body. However, past a certain phase, that same therapeutic may not have equal efficacy, because drugs are not always evenly distributed in all tissues and fluids of the body--the blood brain barrier being the best example, but there are several others (you don't want to use an antibiotic that has poor concentration in the urine in treating a UTI).

In contrast, the proposed beneficial mechanism for steroids is reduction in cytokine storm and acute inflammation as part of the disease process. Their use will not help with infection (and use over a week will cause both adrenal and immune suppression), but they can lessen the damaging sequelae of the disease.
Notice you're avoiding the HCQ threads in DC where you made such a colossal fool of yourself. Good move. :-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:58 PM 07-03-2020
I'm seeing a some reports of people having long wait times to get tested so they say screw it and leave. They end up getting notified they tested positive for a test they never took. Anyone else hearing this?
[Reply]
Pablo 10:15 PM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I live in an 80% Hispanic neighborhood and we're always towards the top in positive cases in the city. Its fairly common to see 3, sometimes 4 generations of family either living in the same house or on the same block with regular gatherings. Add in divorced households and you have upwards of 20 people crossing paths at kid swap drop off times.

Also people point and laugh at white guy toxic masculinity but Hispanic males seem to be constantly maxing out their masculinity and mask wearing doesn't really fit into that, at least around here.
I'd hope they wear one when they're hanging drywall at least.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:18 PM 07-03-2020
Just had a blow up at an assisted living place here
About 60 residents and employees. All masked up but it didnt help much apparently. Also locked down to outside visitors.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 10:35 PM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I'm seeing a some reports of people having long wait times to get tested so they say screw it and leave. They end up getting notified they tested positive for a test they never took. Anyone else hearing this?
You have a source for this? First I've heard of it.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:11 PM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
You have a source for this? First I've heard of it.

[Reply]
Pablo 11:43 PM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Open and shut case with this one.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:17 AM 07-04-2020
Not working like that here. Clinics are running “lines” of scheduled appointments 100+ people out. They are running out of tests daily. So if you were scheduled on Tuesday and they run out, the continue with same schedule order and your test may be pushed back a few days to say Thursday.
[Reply]
neech 06:42 AM 07-04-2020
Lewdog, so say if someone were to go to one of these testing places and they turn up positive for the cronos, then what is the procedure with the infected patient?
[Reply]
lewdog 06:44 AM 07-04-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
Lewdog, so say if someone were to go to one of these testing places and they turn up positive for the cronos, then what is the procedure with the infected patient?
The department of health recommends quarantining minimum 10 days and if still having symptoms by day 10, they must be symptom free for 72 hours before returning to work. If you’re asymptomatic you can return to work after 10 days.

My coworker has be quarantined since he had symptoms. He might get tested today but we treat him as positive given his symptoms. He might not know his results for another week given how shitty AZ is managing this virus.
[Reply]
neech 06:47 AM 07-04-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
The department of health recommends quarantining minimum 10 days and if still having symptoms by day 10, they must be symptom free for 72 hours before returning to work. If you’re asymptomatic you can return to work after 10 days.
Can you quarantine at home or do they immediately confine you and take them to hospital. The children crying as mom or pop gets hauled off before their eyes.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:53 AM 07-04-2020
Just had a blow up at an assisted living place here
About 60 residents and employees. All masked up but it didnt help much apparently. Also locked down to outside visitors.
That is the where the "hot spots" in JoCo are as well.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:12 AM 07-04-2020
Kansas had 850 cases yesterday. That's not a real high number nationally but we have a small population. I thought it had to be a mistake but JoCo lists 175 new cases yesterday. JoCo first broke 50 cases on 6/24 with 53. Hopefully yesterday was a bit of an outlier on the high side but we're not headed in a good direction.

I was feeling pretty good about things for a month or so. Some good vaccine news would be nice. I saw China approved the use of CanSino's Ad5 vaccine for it's military personnel. I think it's supposed to start phase 3 trials in Canada over the summer.
[Reply]
Page 2505 of 3903
« First < 1505200524052455249525012502250325042505 250625072508250925152555260530053505 > Last »
Up