ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 152
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Raiders suck thread****
Hammock Parties 02:54 PM 07-26-2019
So much fail in that franchise they need an official thread like the Donkeys.

Let's get it going.

Raiders WR Antonio Brown has been placed on the non-football injury list to begin camp, per source

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) July 26, 2019

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:35 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
So Raiders gotta try and move Jacobs via trade now right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:46 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Raiders aren't footballing very well.
How many more years will it take post Brady/Belichick for the league to realize what frauds the PatriotWay clowns are?

That tree has yielded nothing but rotten fruit yet these idiot owners just can't help but keep pickin'...
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:49 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
How many more years will it take post Brady/Belichick for the league to realize what frauds the PatriotWay clowns are?

That tree has yielded nothing but rotten fruit yet these idiot owners just can't help but keep pickin'...
Don't ask me. He wasn't my choice.

I am just along for the ride on the crazy train.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:52 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by Eureka:
The Raiders did not show up at all. Just a horrible game and it can't really get any worse then that game but we have 10 more games to go. Those players should not accept their game checks.

Carr just is not the answer and when I see his sulking face on the sideline during the 2nd quarter most know the game is out of hand. He does not lead his team on the field when his team is playing like they did today.
Sadly the Raiders do have an out after this season. Ain't no way they bring him back with a $33 million base salary next season (while guaranteeing part of his 2024 salary). He's an obvious cut candidate.

Like I told that other idiot who said he wouldn't trade rosters with KC, this is the APEX of the Carr era raiders. This is the best he'll ever be. It's all downhill from here.

So you can either watch this patient bleed out slowly or just euthanize the poor bastard and get on with trying to save someone else.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I badly wanted us to retain Rich. Then I drank the Josh kool-aid, and regret it.

Sunday's team was completely unprepared and the game plan was horrifically bad.

Saints had allowed like 126 yards a game rushing, and we ran the ball 10 times. It isn't like Jacobs wasn't getting yards on those rushes either, he had 40+ yards on those 10 attempts.

McDaniels pisses me off with his outsmarting himself bullcrap.
You should probably worry about the legend someone has built of himself in his own mind when he accepts an NFL coaching job and then backs out of it because it just isn't worthy of his talents...

McDaniels should've never gotten an NFL job after that shit. Especially with his efforts in Denver and the relative mediocrity he's demonstrated away from Tom Brady.

Just a completely asinine hire.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:59 AM 10-31-2022
Sadly the Raiders do have an out after this season. Ain't no way they bring him back with a $33 million base salary next season (while guaranteeing part of his 2024 salary). He's an obvious cut candidate.

Like I told that other idiot who said he wouldn't trade rosters with KC, this is the APEX of the Carr era raiders. This is the best he'll ever be. It's all downhill from here.

So you can either watch this patient bleed out slowly or just euthanize the poor bastard and get on with trying to save someone else.
I would like to watch the patient bleed out slowly
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 11:01 AM 10-31-2022

you're probably right but do you really think they're going to go away from Carr next season? it's the raiders man they're going to stick with him
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
you're probably right but do you really think they're going to go away from Carr next season? it's the raiders man they're going to stick with him
I just don't see how they can stick with him at $33 million next season. His cap hit damn near doubles.

Now maybe, given that Adams cap hit doesn't really increase much next season, they can get him to restructure for a season and then move on from him the following year. That might make the most sense - you probably don't want to burn the last cheapish year of Adams with a rookie QB before his cap hit goes up to $25 million.

But like I said - that just feels like delaying the inevitable. What looks like it will be BETTER for them next year? What young ascending talent do they have? Crosby will still be good - but he'll cost 3 times as much with a $20 million cap hit next season vs. 6 this year. Chandler Jones goes from 32 to 33 years old and his cap hit goes from $8 million to $19 million. Kolten Miller's in his prime but his cap hit goes from $7 million to $18 million. Renfrow goes from $3.5 million to $14 million.

And there's no way out on those guys. Crosby, Jones, Miller and Renfrow will cost $47 million MORE on their cap next season than they do this season and at best you'll get the same level of play from them (and probably reduced play from Jones). Go ahead and re-structure if you'd like - you're just moving that pain down the road so you can feel it as Adams is aging and getting more expensive and Carr DEFINITELY needs to cut or be restructured as his base salary passes $40 million.

The Raiders are FUCKED. Just absolutely properly fucked. They pushed a ton of chips in for this season and it is NOT going well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:26 AM 10-31-2022
Jesus tapdancing Christ, Raiders - what did you do?!?!

They have $42 million in dead money on their cap this year. Because of that they only have $144 million in active player contracts on this year's cap and STILL only created $9 million in rollover.

Because of that god-awful amount of dead cap, they had to structure these deals to play money into next year. In 2023, because of those raises, they have $172 million already committed to plays and STILL have $23 million in remaining dead money for nearly $200 million committed to next year's cap as it presently stands with only 30 players under contract.

They're sitting in an almost identical cap situation to us right now but that's without easy money like cutting Frank Clark sitting out there. Meanwhile, they don't have any 'value' players on their roster starting as early as next season.

That team is an absolute fucking mess. I can't see a way forward that doesn't include cutting Carr. If they keep him, they're bringing back this same shit sandwich of a team with no meaningful areas on improvement that can be expected.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:29 AM 10-31-2022
Cut Carr and draft a rookie QB. They will have a high pick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:30 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Cut Carr and draft a rookie QB. They will have a high pick.
It's what a smart organization would do.

Which means there's about a 30% chance the Raiders do it.

If I'm betting, I'm guessing they turn that $32 million in base that Carr is owed next season into a signing bonus that spreads the hit out. I'm betting they give him a 4 year 'extension' that takes his base down to near $1 million and spreads the remainder over 4 years (so $8 million/yr). In exchange for doing so, I'm betting Carr gets additional guarantees on his 2024 salary thus tying him and Adams together for 2 more years.

His cap hit falls from $33 million to $10 million next season, spikes to $50 odd million in 2024 (with probably $30 million or so of dead money) and then he gets cut at the same time Adams does.

They are in a rough spot here.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 11:32 AM 10-31-2022

They have $42 million in dead money on their cap this year. Because of that they only have $144 million in active player contracts on this year's cap and STILL only created $9 million in rollover.

Because of that god-awful amount of dead cap, they had to structure these deals to play money into next year. In 2023, because of those raises, they have $172 million already committed to plays and STILL have $23 million in remaining dead money for nearly $200 million committed to next year's cap as it presently stands with only 30 players under contract.

They're sitting in an almost identical cap situation to us right now but that's without easy money like cutting Frank Clark sitting out there. Meanwhile, they don't have any 'value' players on their roster starting as early as next season.

That team is an absolute ****ing mess. I can't see a way forward that doesn't include cutting Carr. If they keep him, they're bringing back this same shit sandwich of a team with no meaningful areas on improvement that can be expected.
That's what happens when you hire an ESPN talking head to be your GM
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:55 AM 10-31-2022
It's what a smart organization would do.

Which means there's about a 30% chance the Raiders do it.

If I'm betting, I'm guessing they turn that $32 million in base that Carr is owed next season into a signing bonus that spreads the hit out. I'm betting they give him a 4 year 'extension' that takes his base down to near $1 million and spreads the remainder over 4 years (so $8 million/yr). In exchange for doing so, I'm betting Carr gets additional guarantees on his 2024 salary thus tying him and Adams together for 2 more years.

His cap hit falls from $33 million to $10 million next season, spikes to $50 odd million in 2024 (with probably $30 million or so of dead money) and then he gets cut at the same time Adams does.

They are in a rough spot here.
They pushed all their chips to the middle of the table. The problem is they did it in an extremely clumsy, short sighted fashion. This truly was their "in it to win it" year and they couldn't even kick a field goal against the damn Saints. Watch, the Raiders will sign the honey badger in a year after the Saints dump him to fix all of their secondary problems.
[Reply]
O.city 11:58 AM 10-31-2022

That team is an absolute ****ing mess. I can't see a way forward that doesn't include cutting Carr. If they keep him, they're bringing back this same shit sandwich of a team with no meaningful areas on improvement that can be expected.
They, like the Saints, should start selling off resources or anything not bolted down. But they won't.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:11 PM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
That's what happens when you hire an ESPN talking head to be your GM
And a HC that won a SB a long time ago.
[Reply]
Page 118 of 152
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128 > Last »
Up