ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 699 of 3903
« First < 199599649689695696697698699 70070170270370974979911991699 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:48 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
If you want to hear about lack of ventilators and respiratory therapists, direct inquiries to BRC.
its still pretty damn risky and a option if last resort. Use this or the patient dies kind of thing.

Some of the Respiratory Therapists I’ve spoken to say if the patient needs the same settings, they have had success with dummy patients running one ventilator for two patients. But, none of them have done it with real patients. No one is going to have that experience. Why would you have that experience? It’s a very extreme option.

As I said, when I was in training and everyone in my class tried to do it, we all killed the dummy patients. No one in any class had ever done it successfully. But..... the tech in ventilators are a lot more advanced than back in my day.
[Reply]
Donger 02:48 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So what the **** happened in Lombardy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_c...mbardy_cluster
[Reply]
Mecca 02:48 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Blistering mid-70 degree heat...
Well that is weird I went to Mexico in March a few years ago and it was hot as balls.
[Reply]
sedated 02:51 PM 03-24-2020
Actually, some pretty great news. Apparently the virus isn't mutating very much at all as it makes its way thru humanity. It's an RNA virus (RNA is similar to DNA, just a lot more **** ups in the code as the mRNA makes copies, but duh you guys know all about that stuff) so usually they mutate a lot.

With this one not, that's great news in that a singular vaccine can likely take it out.
Don't most viruses get less deadly/dangerous when they mutate? So wouldn't that be a good thing?
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:52 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
its still pretty damn risky and a option if last resort. Use this or the patient dies kind of thing.

Some of the Respiratory Therapists I’ve spoken to say if the patient needs the same settings, they have had success with running one ventilator for two patients. But, none of them have done it with real patients. No one is going to have that experience. Why would you have that experience? It’s a very extreme option.

As I said, when I was in training and everyone in my class tried to do it, we all killed the patients. No one in any class had ever done it successfully. But..... the tech in ventilators are a lot more advanced than back in my day.
You contradicted yourself in this post.

Which is it?
[Reply]
Monticore 02:54 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Don't most viruses get less deadly/dangerous when they mutate? So wouldn't that be a good thing?
it can mutate the other way too. Like the Spanish flu.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:55 PM 03-24-2020
It can also mutate into something that makes dinner or fights crime, it really just all depends.
[Reply]
burt 02:56 PM 03-24-2020
  • ...they have had success with running one ventilator for two patients
  • But, none of them have done it with real patients.

Which is it?
You seem cranky today...lock down doesn't agree with you?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:56 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
If they mutate too quickly it might not be possible to develop a very effective vaccine.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:58 PM 03-24-2020
  • ...they have had success with running one ventilator for two patients
  • But, none of them have done it with real patients.

Which is it?
I edited orginal post to clarify. They have done it successfully with two dummy patients. Test dummies. As far as anyone knows, or they know, in real life, in an ICU, it’s never been done in the USA.

In some other countries with a less standard of care, it’s been done.

I’m assuming our Respiratory Therapists are better trained than those countries RT’s. If those other countries can pull it off, we should be able to also.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:58 PM 03-24-2020
I'm 32 and pretty active. I eat right, ride my bike a lot etc.

I had a dry cough, fever and the worst body chills of my life in mid February for 9 days.

I'm skeptical that was the flu.
It was the flu. If it wasn't. Our ICU's would have been ran down in the end of February. Instead of that starting to occur now.
[Reply]
Donger 03:01 PM 03-24-2020
It's already been postulated that there are already two strains of SARS-CoV-2:

S and L.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:04 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"I would love to have the country opened up....by Easter."

So would I. So would everyone else.

This is no sort of referendum on anything.

Bottom line is that he can't do it anyway. These are state/local orders that he has no ability to roll back.

It's not a date certain. It's not a deadline. It's not...anything.
He can't roll back state/local orders. And I don't want to get too political.

But if he is encouraging everyone to get back to work you could have more people not social distancing and increasing the spread, but still be taking a massive hit on the economy because it is mostly still locked down.

If the Feds and the state/local are doing opposite things, you might end up with the worst of both worlds.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:04 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
You seem cranky today...lock down doesn't agree with you?
:-)

I've made two total posts today. Well, three now. You are waaaay off base.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 03:04 PM 03-24-2020
Greene and Christian counties down here in SWMO are going under stay at home orders for 30 days starting at 12:01AM Thursday

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/WAT...569065341.html
[Reply]
Page 699 of 3903
« First < 199599649689695696697698699 70070170270370974979911991699 > Last »
Up