ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 189 of 3903
« First < 89139179185186187188189 1901911921931992392896891189 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
jerryaldini 05:53 PM 03-12-2020
Regardless of how bad the virus ultimately is, with the widespread shutdowns and market meltdown affecting sentiment it's nearly a given we are entering recession, but hopefully a mild one if it gets contained in time. Even the normally liquid Treasury market melted down today as primary dealer balance sheets couldn't handle the volume of funds moving to cash, and the 10 and 30 year yields spiked again (selloff) and the ETFs went to huge discounts to net asset value, which for Treasuries is crazy. In other words, investors shunned even safe government debt in search of liquidity.
Fed stepped in with huge repo moving repo rate down 50 basis points (likely cut fed funds 100 next week now if not before the meeting), calmed stocks for a bit, then straight down again.

This is not 08 because banks' capital is healthy and their liquidity is adequate, at least for now. No need to panic. Stocks shouldn't be too far from bottom now, unless there's an unforseen spike in US cases. Meanwhile a couple leveraged energy ETFs had to delist today and high yield energy spreads are 15%. Good times.

[Reply]
Mennonite 03-12-2020, 05:57 PM
This message has been deleted by Mennonite.
Spott 06:02 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Regardless of how bad the virus ultimately is, with the widespread shutdowns and market meltdown affecting sentiment it's nearly a given we are entering recession, but hopefully a mild one if it gets contained in time. Even the normally liquid Treasury market melted down today as primary dealer balance sheets couldn't handle the volume of funds moving to cash, and the 10 and 30 year yields spiked again (selloff) and the ETFs went to huge discounts to net asset value, which for Treasuries is crazy. In other words, investors shunned even safe government debt in search of liquidity.
Fed stepped in with huge repo moving repo rate down 50 basis points (likely cut fed funds 100 next week now if not before the meeting), calmed stocks for a bit, then straight down again.

This is not 08 because banks' capital is healthy and their liquidity is adequate, at least for now. No need to panic. Stocks shouldn't be too far from bottom now, unless there's an unforseen spike in US cases. Meanwhile a couple leveraged energy ETFs had to delist today and high yield energy spreads are 15%. Good times.
Among all this corona bs, it’s good to read this kind of info. Like everyone else, my 401K has taken a huge kick to the nuts the past two weeks. I haven’t looked at in the last 10 days because it just sucks. At least my employment is safe and should be recession proof (knock on wood) and hopefully everyone can just ride this out until the panic subsides.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 06:08 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
So Ohio said this a couple days ago..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dis...emplate=ampart

If they now think 1% of the population has it, that's a big jump in just a short period of time.

Something feels off here.

The Republican Governor for Ohio Mike DeWine just confirmed that only 1,000 tests are available to 11.69 Million citizens who live there.

He further said that projections are over 100,000 Ohioans will be infected with the #coronavirus pic.twitter.com/A0v4VQyqKU

— wisconsinsane (@wisconsinsane) March 12, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:11 PM 03-12-2020
Seriously?
the head physician for Congress and the SCOTUS said yesterday in a private meeting with congressional staff to expect 75+million infected here in the USA.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:13 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
To be a voice of reason, it could be he's indicating kits.
[Reply]
TLO 06:13 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
So they currently believe they have 100,000 cases or they believe over time there will be over 100,000 cases?
[Reply]
TLO 06:14 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
the head physician for Congress and the SCOTUS said yesterday in a private meeting with congressional staff to expect 75+million infected here in the USA.
Link?
[Reply]
Mennonite 06:15 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
At least my employment is safe and should be recession proof (knock on wood)

Life comes at you fast:

pic.twitter.com/OotgfoJTlD

— Universal Studios Hollywood (@UniStudios) March 12, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:16 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Among all this corona bs, it’s good to read this kind of info. Like everyone else, my 401K has taken a huge kick to the nuts the past two weeks. I haven’t looked at in the last 10 days because it just sucks. At least my employment is safe and should be recession proof (knock on wood) and hopefully everyone can just ride this out until the panic subsides.
most everyone thinks we will revert back to pre-conavirus levels pretty quick. I watched a business show tonight and they were all in agreement that the only thing that can stop the free fall is the government to quit combating this as a financial crisis but as a health crisis.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03-12-2020, 06:16 PM
This message has been deleted by Chief Roundup. Reason: Mennonite deleted his message that was meant to belittle.
TLO 06:18 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
This idea we are so far behind Italy doesn’t really make sense given we had 20 cases on February 2nd and they had just 4 cases. There doesn’t seem to be a logical reason for us to be just now expecting the masses to hit the hospitals like they were weeks ago.
Welp now Ohio has more than 100k cases so we might as well close up shop and call it a day.
[Reply]
dmahurin 06:19 PM 03-12-2020
My work will begin processing samples tomorrow. Expecting between 500 and 1000 samples per day to be tested. Current test is completed in less than 8 hours. Ill be working remote for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:19 PM 03-12-2020
Link?
I’ve grown tired of answering your questions like I’m FOS. It was widely reported. Google it my good man.
[Reply]
TLO 03-12-2020, 06:19 PM
This message has been deleted by TLO. Reason: Confusion
DaFace 06:20 PM 03-12-2020
So they currently believe they have 100,000 cases or they believe over time there will be over 100,000 cases?
It specifically says "will be" in the tweet.
[Reply]
SupDock 06:20 PM 03-12-2020
What?

What is even happening in here now?

It feels like we have good discussion for a bit and then it all goes out the window in like 4 posts.
Absolutely. We need a clean up
[Reply]
BWillie 06:20 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
My work will begin processing samples tomorrow. Expecting between 500 and 1000 samples per day to be tested. Current test is completed in less than 8 hours. Ill be working remote for the foreseeable future.
Thank you. Can you continue to update us on progress?
[Reply]
Page 189 of 3903
« First < 89139179185186187188189 1901911921931992392896891189 > Last »
Up