ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anderson Cooper Interviews Damien Williams
Tribal Warfare 09:14 PM 08-13-2020

KC Chiefs running back Damien Williams is opting out of the NFL season to spend time with his mom as she fights cancer.

"My mom was the only parent. Raised four kids," he tells @andersoncooper. "She can juggle it all... I'm taking a pin away and I'm going to do the juggling." pic.twitter.com/gmmwBC7Ufg

— Anderson Cooper 360° (@AC360) August 14, 2020

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:33 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Darrel is not just as good. He's definitely a step down. Well, maybe just a half-step down, but definitely Damien is the better of the two. Damien's biggest problem was always not being able to stay healthy.

CEH should be a huge step up from anyone we currently have on the team. But even if he only puts up average NFL numbers in his first year, with that long cheap contract, that ought to be enough for the chiefs to decide to let Damien go find his payday. that's my guess anyway.
I'm certainly not expecting the Chiefs to sign him AFTER 2021. I also, however, don't believe they are anywhere near stupid enough to cut him prior to 2021.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:34 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Seriously? Who else gave us the home runs out of the backfield? I mean, I LOVE CEH. Absolutely LOVE his game. But, he doesn't have home run speed.
That same thing was said about Kareem Hunt coming out. As once again. WHO CARES about home run speed out of the backfield? That's not what our offense is based around.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:36 PM 08-13-2020
Ya'll are in too deep with Damien. That dude is cool. He was good when we needed him. Thank you Damien. But there's many, many, many others out there like him.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:38 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
Ya'll are in too deep with Damien. That dude is cool. He was good when we needed him. Thank you Damien. But there's many, many, many others out there like him.
What are you suggesting the Chiefs do with Damien in 2021?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:41 PM 08-13-2020
Seriously? Who else gave us the home runs out of the backfield? I mean, I LOVE CEH. Absolutely LOVE his game. But, he doesn't have home run speed.

BTW, DW went 17 for 104 and a TD in the Super Bowl. Guess what the other Chiefs RBs did combined?
I don't think that 4.6 time is accurate on CEH. I remember someone posted a blurb about how CEH was nursing a minor injury the day he ran that 40. And in his highlight reels he flat out runs some secondaries in those clips.

But I also don't believe a Chiefs RB necessarily needs 'homerun' speed to be effective in our present offense. Heck, Kareem didn't have homerun speed; he was very tough to bring down, especially in the secondary. Our WRs and Kelce wore out defenses running around so much, and Kareem ran them over in the second half. That's a slight over-generalization, but basically that's what happened in a lot of games when Kareem was our RB1.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:42 PM 08-13-2020
What are you suggesting the Chiefs do with Damien in 2021?
Keep the options open! Don't worry about 2021 right now. See what CEH has in store. See how Washington pans out. See how Darrel does. Play your cards when you need to show em, don't worry about projecting the future of a RUNNINGBACK. Sit tight. The odds show he could be gone. And go from there.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:44 PM 08-13-2020
I don't think that 4.6 time is accurate on CEH. I remember someone posted a blurb about how CEH was nursing a minor injury the day he ran that 40. And in his highlight reels he flat out runs some secondaries in those clips.

But I also don't believe a Chiefs RB necessarily needs 'homerun' speed to be effective in our present offense. Heck, Kareem didn't have homerun speed; he was very tough to bring down, especially in the secondary. Our WRs and Kelce wore out defenses running around so much, and Kareem ran them over in the second half. That's a slight over-generalization, but basically that's what happened in a lot of games when Kareem was our RB1.
That was me. I posted that. I absolutely believe that CEH is faster than his combine 40 time. He also has vision that Damien does not. He will likely be the starter in 2021. But, DW is an INCREDIBLE backup/change of pace guy to pair with CEH. For a freaking bargain.

Hopefully, Washington breaks out as that guy. Otherwise, I just don't get people trying to push him off the team. Outside of an incredible trade, it makes zero sense.

(Kareem was also the best back we've had since Charles and we didn't HAVE to get rid of him.)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:47 PM 08-13-2020
Keep the options open! Don't worry about 2021 right now. See what CEH has in store. See how Washington pans out. See how Darrel does. Play your cards when you need to show em, don't worry about projecting the future of a RUNNINGBACK. Sit tight. The odds show he could be gone. And go from there.
Most of what you said is EXACTLY what I'm saying; we don't have to change a thing. Then, you suggested some data I've never seen. Where are you getting these odds?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:51 PM 08-13-2020
That was me. I posted that. I absolutely believe that CEH is faster than his combine 40 time. He also has vision that Damien does not. He will likely be the starter in 2021. But, DW is an INCREDIBLE backup/change of pace guy to pair with CEH. For a freaking bargain.

Hopefully, Washington breaks out as that guy. Otherwise, I just don't get people trying to push him off the team. Outside of an incredible trade, it makes zero sense.

(Kareem was also the best back we've had since Charles and we didn't HAVE to get rid of him.)
Don't get me wrong, I want DW to stay. After the SB he became my favorite Chiefs RB of all-time, regular season stats be damned, he scored the dagger that won us the Super Bowl so i'm a Damien Williams fan for life.

But he was the RB1, and all signs seem to point towards CEH becoming the RB1 sooner rather than later. And then the question becomes, why should DW play RB2 when he could go somewhere else and be the man and get his money?
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:53 PM 08-13-2020
Most of what you said is EXACTLY what I'm saying; we don't have to change a thing. Then, you suggested some data I've never seen. Where are you getting these odds?
It's probable cause my dude. You know what I'm saying. A runningback with a year off from football who is a 2.6 million cap hit on an offense that doesn't typically feature 1 running back system and is possibly worth something to another team and is extremely expendable because other teams will want an average runningback to come help their team. This player we're talking about is good. Not worthy of keep around. Because guess what, there's lot of good backs in this league. Especially considering the fact he's just a #2 at best next year if he was to return. You have an emotional attachment towards him. Let CEH give you a few TD's and you'll be juuuust fine man.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:59 PM 08-13-2020
Don't get me wrong, I want DW to stay. After the SB he became my favorite Chiefs RB of all-time, regular season stats be damned, he scored the dagger that won us the Super Bowl so i'm a Damien Williams fan for life.

But he was the RB1, and all signs seem to point towards CEH becoming the RB1 sooner rather than later. And then the question becomes, why should DW play RB2 when he could go somewhere else and be the man and get his money?
Because he's under contract.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:01 PM 08-13-2020
It's probable cause my dude. You know what I'm saying. A runningback with a year off from football who is a 2.6 million cap hit on an offense that doesn't typically feature 1 running back system and is possibly worth something to another team and is extremely expendable because other teams will want an average runningback to come help their team. This player we're talking about is good. Not worthy of keep around. Because guess what, there's lot of good backs in this league. Especially considering the fact he's just a #2 at best next year if he was to return. You have an emotional attachment towards him. Let CEH give you a few TD's and you'll be juuuust fine man.
I really don't. Again, I LOVE CEH and loved the pick.

Honestly, this is just getting stupid.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 11:02 PM 08-13-2020
I really don't. Again, I LOVE CEH and loved the pick.

Honestly, this is just getting stupid.
Let's stop talking about it then.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:20 PM 08-13-2020
Because he's under contract.
Yeah, he's under contract, and maybe that turns out to be enough.

But he's probably going to lose his spot as RB1 this season (unless CEH totally shits the bed) and he's 28 years old. And he's never been able to stay healthy for an entire season.

But he did play well in the second half of last season and really well in the playoffs both in 2018 and last season, so he might think "I should strike while the iron's hot," or whatever.

Like I said, personally I hope he stays, but he might decide to make a business decision and ask for a trade and I really wouldn't blame him.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:49 PM 08-13-2020
I'm just looking at his salary and I think he's also very expendable. The dude showed up when things matter but he's an expendable player. I would not be surprised if he's not on the team next year especially after CEH does his thing.
CEH will need a backup. Not like DW's contract makes him expendable...
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up