ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3219 of 3903
« First < 2219271931193169320932153216321732183219 32203221322232233229326933193719 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 10:34 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Because. it. takes. time. to. review. data.

The US is going to have access to both vaccines faster than the EU. The US will be a few days behind the UK only for the Pfizer vaccine only. Demand still far outpaces supply, which is why there is a tiered distribution schedule. If you'd like to find articles critical of the speed of the UK's approval, you won't have a problem, trust me.

You either don't understand the process, or you're just coming up with reasons to complain. If someone told you in April that the vaccine would be available for high-risk groups on December 16th, but one other country may have it on December 12th, would you really have complained? I mean, for ****'s sake.
Once again you offer no real answer other than "it takes time", etc. Your assumptions otherwise are again you being a dick. I am asking why the UK says it's okay to start but we aren't.

You obviously don't have an answer so whatever. Oh wait, I get it it takes time". But yet we can revert to articles criticizing the UK yet you tout how we are just days behind them.

Whatever, Hamas. I was not trying to bitch. I was trying to understand why we are waiting when the UK isn't.
[Reply]
Donger 10:42 AM 12-02-2020
I think I can help:

The United States isn't part of the UK.

Hope that clears it up.
[Reply]
kgrund 10:43 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
2,614 reported deaths yesterday. Damn.
Less shocking of a "daily" total when you take into account the significant backlog of info (cases and deaths) that was not recorded last week that is getting reported now.
[Reply]
Donger 10:55 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Less shocking of a "daily" total when you take into account the significant backlog of info (cases and deaths) that was not recorded last week that is getting reported now.
I haven't heard that, other than something like 20 states didn't report at all on Thanksgiving day.
[Reply]
tooge 11:04 AM 12-02-2020
whats the change in the rolling 7 day average?
[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:07 AM 12-02-2020
Operation Turtle Speed :-)

https://www.foxnews.com/health/dr-ma...oval-timetable

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is unnecessarily dragging its feet on reviewing candidates for a coronavirus vaccine, Fox News medical contributor Dr. Marty Makary told "Bill Hemmer Reports" Monday.

"The country has taken tremendous sacrifices," Makary told host Bill Hemmer. "We are waiting for this lifesaving vaccine, and the FDA got the [Pfizer] application on Nov. 22 and the Moderna one today. Why are they waiting three weeks? Why are they scheduling a review for Dec. 10?

"The review committee is not interviewing subjects and volunteers, they're not looking under a microscope at the cells or the virus, they are simply reading a piece of paper with the numbers," Makary added. "We have an Internet now. They can get those numbers in real time."

Massachusetts-based Moderna announced earlier Monday that it would apply to the FDA for an emergency use authorization after its vaccine candidate was demonstrated to be 94.1% effective against COVID-19 in human trials.

The FDA has scheduled a Dec. 10 meeting of its Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee to discuss Pfizer's request for emergency use authorization (EUA) of its vaccine candidate. It was not immediately clear whether Moderna's request would be considered at the same meeting or a separate meeting.

"The FDA has been too bureaucratic, taking too much time," Makary charged. "And I don't know if they're scheduling around vacation times and tee times of the reviewers, but they should turn the application around in 24 hours."

Makary added that while the Trump administration has overseen "Operation Warp Speed" to develop a vaccine, the FDA has been engaged in "Operation Turtle Speed."

"The reason is, very simply, Bill, is that the FDA was designed to be slow," he explained to Hemmer. "The military was designed to respond quickly. The FDA was designed to take their good old time and review things in the name of safety and independence.

"Well, if you talk to people there, they've clearly walled off any of the [political] appointees ... It's the career staff there that have completely walled off anyone else and they're taking their good old time."
[Reply]
tooge 11:09 AM 12-02-2020
https://showmestrong.mo.gov/data/sta...public-health/

Clearly a downward trend in cases and deaths in Missouri
[Reply]
BWillie 11:10 AM 12-02-2020
100% chance we see 200,000+ cases this time next week.
[Reply]
O.city 11:11 AM 12-02-2020
Yeah it’s trending down thankfully

And they’re taking so long because they’re being careful and transparent for obvious reasons
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:13 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
"Well, if you talk to people there, they've clearly walled off any of the [political] appointees "
This cannot be a bad thing.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:14 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Operation Turtle Speed :-)

https://www.foxnews.com/health/dr-ma...oval-timetable

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is unnecessarily dragging its feet on reviewing candidates for a coronavirus vaccine, Fox News medical contributor Dr. Marty Makary told "Bill Hemmer Reports" Monday.

"The country has taken tremendous sacrifices," Makary told host Bill Hemmer. "We are waiting for this lifesaving vaccine, and the FDA got the [Pfizer] application on Nov. 22 and the Moderna one today. Why are they waiting three weeks? Why are they scheduling a review for Dec. 10?

"The review committee is not interviewing subjects and volunteers, they're not looking under a microscope at the cells or the virus, they are simply reading a piece of paper with the numbers," Makary added. "We have an Internet now. They can get those numbers in real time."

Massachusetts-based Moderna announced earlier Monday that it would apply to the FDA for an emergency use authorization after its vaccine candidate was demonstrated to be 94.1% effective against COVID-19 in human trials.

The FDA has scheduled a Dec. 10 meeting of its Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee to discuss Pfizer's request for emergency use authorization (EUA) of its vaccine candidate. It was not immediately clear whether Moderna's request would be considered at the same meeting or a separate meeting.

"The FDA has been too bureaucratic, taking too much time," Makary charged. "And I don't know if they're scheduling around vacation times and tee times of the reviewers, but they should turn the application around in 24 hours."

Makary added that while the Trump administration has overseen "Operation Warp Speed" to develop a vaccine, the FDA has been engaged in "Operation Turtle Speed."

"The reason is, very simply, Bill, is that the FDA was designed to be slow," he explained to Hemmer. "The military was designed to respond quickly. The FDA was designed to take their good old time and review things in the name of safety and independence.

"Well, if you talk to people there, they've clearly walled off any of the [political] appointees ... It's the career staff there that have completely walled off anyone else and they're taking their good old time."
Lot of folks on PTO this time of year
[Reply]
KS Smitty 11:15 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah it’s trending down thankfully

And they’re taking so long because they’re being careful and transparent for obvious reasons
Also pretty sure the report is more than a piece of paper.
[Reply]
kgrund 11:17 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I haven't heard that, other than something like 20 states didn't report at all on Thanksgiving day.
So why did you make such a big deal about a one day reported total that was obviously flawed?
[Reply]
Donger 11:18 AM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
So why did you make such a big deal about a one day reported total that was obviously flawed?
I didn't make a big deal. I stated the figure and said "Damn."

Why is it obviously flawed? Thanksgiving was almost a week ago.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:20 AM 12-02-2020
I heard an interview that said the recommendations on who should get the vaccine first will be just that: recommendations. That it will be up to individual states to determine who gets their allocated doses.

Anyone have anything to confirm or deny?
[Reply]
Page 3219 of 3903
« First < 2219271931193169320932153216321732183219 32203221322232233229326933193719 > Last »
Up