ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3171 of 3903
« First < 2171267130713121316131673168316931703171 31723173317431753181322132713671 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 09:23 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
New CDC study confirms what we've already known. Everyone can now commence spinning this to fit your own preconceived opinions.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6947e2.htm

Considering JoCo has had a mask mandate since July and we are one of the hottest spots in Ks I am calling BS. Our cases are up significantly.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:24 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hawker007:
Okay, try and explain the asterisks around the dates on that graphic. You could literally interpret them multiple ways. It’s an awful graphic trying to fool the public into wearing masks based on scare tactics. And I’m a person who wants everyone to wear masks. But again, it’s BS like this that the public continues to lose faith in the “experts” and want to fight the “state”.
They're pretty much self explanatory. It makes perfect sense to me. Counties with a mask mandate showed a decrease in cases while those without a mandate showed an increase. It's not rocket science.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:25 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
You might want to take a look at the dates.
Yeah that was about the time the State got caught using misleading data to cover the fact the counties that did not adopt the policy were doing the same as those that did. But whatever.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:26 PM 11-20-2020
They're pretty much self explanatory. It makes perfect sense to me. Counties with a mask mandate showed a decrease in cases while those without a mandate showed an increase. It's not rocket science.
Originally Posted by :
he secretary for the Kansas Department of Health and Education is in hot water for deceiving public officials in the state to get a statewide mask mandate instituted.

Secretary Lee Norman contrasted the disparity in coronavirus cases between counties in Kansas with mask mandates using an axis showing new cases within a range of 15-25 in counties with mask mandates and an axis with a range of 4-14 in counties without. That display was designed to appear that counties without mandates had more cases than counties with them.

If both data sets were placed on the same axis, the counties without mask mandates had fewer coronavirus cases than those with mandates.
https://www.newsmax.com/us/kansas-ma.../08/id/981252/

:-)
[Reply]
stumppy 09:34 PM 11-20-2020
Nice link pete. Of course the date of that article is before the last date on the study that was posted.

[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:34 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
In an attempt to steer the conversation in another direction...

My company has all of us back in the office as of this week. We're all required to wear masks, etc.

I share a rather large office with one other co-worker.

Any precautions we can take to help mitigate the possible spread? We have a giant window, but it doesn't open. I have a fan running in an attempt to keep air moving around. Any other ideas?
Make sure your office has Merv 12 furnace filters installed and make sure the fans are set to run frequently. Get a humidifier and keep the humidity around 50%.
[Reply]
Hawker007 09:42 PM 11-20-2020
And I’m willing to bet that is 100% absolutely fucking false. Every fucking corner of the state has seen an increase n cases since July 3rd.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:43 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Is the hospital refuting her statements as lies?
I've seen a half dozen more nurses saying the same thing. A lot of video testimonials.

It's funny because we literally have posters on here saying the virus is a hoax. But then the same posters turn around and say a nurse talking about patients who think the virus is a hoax - is also a hoax.

Logic is hard.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:49 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl:
We moved 800 miles away from our families about 12 years ago. Ever since then every Christmas and Thanksgiving has been just me, my wife, and my son at our home with no one else. It’s beautiful. Especially since as a kid I got dragged to every damn one of my stepdads family get togethers against my will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Originally Posted by petegz28:
https://www.newsmax.com/us/kansas-ma.../08/id/981252/

Nice link pete. Of course the date of that article is before the last date on the study that was posted.

newsmax? That’s about as non-partisan as a Rachel Meadow blog.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:52 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I've seen a half dozen more nurses saying the same thing. A lot of video testimonials.

It's funny because we literally have posters on here saying the virus is a hoax. But then the same posters turn around and say a nurse talking about patients who think the virus is a hoax - is also a hoax.

Logic is hard.
There are literally millions of Americans who think it’s a hoax. Why wouldn’t you run into one going about your lives?
[Reply]
neech 10:07 PM 11-20-2020
I think it’s a joke when the stores require everyone to wear masks, yet most everyone is using their fingers to use their debit or credit cards on the card reader which rarely that I see gets cleaned.

Oh BTW, people are wearing masks and the Covid cases are going up. So stupid
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:06 PM 11-20-2020

Toronto, Canada's biggest city, is going into lockdown for at least 28 days to limit the spread of Covid-19 https://t.co/Klt9KqGp6o

— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) November 21, 2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 12:03 AM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
There are literally millions of Americans who think it’s a hoax. Why wouldn’t you run into one going about your lives?
Or in the covid ICU.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:04 AM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
I think it’s a joke when the stores require everyone to wear masks, yet most everyone is using their fingers to use their debit or credit cards on the card reader which rarely that I see gets cleaned.

Oh BTW, people are wearing masks and the Covid cases are going up. So stupid
You can always wash your hands or use hand sanitizer. It's not like you catch it from it touching your hands. You have to touch your face.
[Reply]
neech 12:20 AM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
You can always wash your hands or use hand sanitizer. It's not like you catch it from it touching your hands. You have to touch your face.
So does everyone do that? I seriously doubt it, plus the first thing you do is grab your keys out of your pocket when you open you car to leave then grab the you use the hand sanitizer, your keys have the germs on it still.
[Reply]
Page 3171 of 3903
« First < 2171267130713121316131673168316931703171 31723173317431753181322132713671 > Last »
Up