ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Preseason Cutting Out Weeks 1 and 4
luv 02:54 PM 07-01-2020
https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/news/r...uvg7zSQYD0R33k

(There's also video on Andy's thoughts on possibility of no fans that I don't know how to share.)

REPORT: 2020 NFL Preseason to be Cut from Four Games to Two

The NFL preseason is reportedly being cut in half from four preseason games to two, according to a report from ProFootballTalk.

PFT's report also says that the scrapped weeks will be Week 1 and Week 4 of the preseason, meaning that the Kansas City Chiefs would lose their matchups against the Cincinnati Bengals and Green Bay Packers. In a unique scheduling quirk, without additional readjustments, this would mean that the Chiefs would play two road preseason games — at the Arizona Cardinals in Week 2 and at the Dallas Cowboys in Week 3 — and no home games.

However, soon after PFT's report, Ben Fischer of Sports Business Journal has reported that the remaining weeks will be rescheduled to allow every team to have one home and one road game in 2020.

At home or on the road, this would also prevent the Chiefs from seeing two much-discussed rookie quarterbacks in the preseason: Cincinnati's Joe Burrow in Week 1 and Green Bay's Jordan Love in Week 4.

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio explained the logic of the bookending games being the ones to take the cut:

"The move was driven by two primary factors. First, teams who will be playing preseason games on the road won’t want to move that many people. Second, given that no teams had on-field practice sessions in the offseason, coaches would rather have the extra time to work with their teams, and that will happen if they don’t have to worry about two extra preseason games.

Already, the Week Four preseason game is worthless (or, more accurately, less worthless than the other preseason games). So it’s really only the loss of one preseason game. And the first preseason game doesn’t typically involve much work from starters, anyway."

This is the first major change that the NFL has made due to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, following the announcement of the cancellation of the NFL's Hall of Fame Game.

Lindsay Jones of The Athletic tweeted her thoughts after the news, seeming to indicate that the entire preseason could be in danger.

While that may seem like a big step — and in many ways, it is — it should be noted that preseason games are, by far, the most logical major events to cancel in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic. Cancelling regular-season games would have substantial impacts both financially and on the 2020 season. If the NFL can be safer by cancelling the entire preseason, that option should certainly be on the table.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:12 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Boiled Chicken:
Looks like NY state just smoked the season for fans

https://www.wkbw.com/news/coronaviru...ssional-sports

There goes my Buffalo trip
Of course, those fucking assholes would try this shit while they encourage rioting.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:13 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Of course, those fucking assholes would try this shit while they encourage rioting.
How are they encouraging rioting?
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:20 PM 07-01-2020
I kind of hope that they keep referring to the remaining games as Week 2 and Week 3. Otherwise, they didn't really cut Weeks 1 and 4 but rather Weeks 3 and 4 because Weeks 2 and 3 would become Weeks 1 and 2.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:21 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
How are they encouraging rioting?
Letting them set up this as they also defund the police force.

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture...t-idUSRTS3GWSL

Kneeling won't be enough for these fascists.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:58 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Letting them set up this as they also defund the police force.

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture...t-idUSRTS3GWSL

Kneeling won't be enough for these fascists.
That link is horrible click bate, on my cell anyway.
It appears you mean just letting them assemble which they have to do, so I must be missing something.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:03 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Boiled Chicken:
I wonder how the season ticket members are going to be reimbursed? Credit for next year is my presumption.
That will be the default and what they want, but if you request reimbursement they will do that.
[Reply]
tmax63 07:19 AM 07-02-2020
In one study I just read from New York Health as of May 13th, there had been 601 total deaths of people aged 18-44 with 476 having underlying conditions/problems. for 108 people the information about underlying problems was unknown and only 17 people died without other problems in this age group. How about letting this healthy group get the virus, develop some immunity and get over it and then go play ball this fall.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up