ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Preseason Cutting Out Weeks 1 and 4
luv 02:54 PM 07-01-2020
https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/news/r...uvg7zSQYD0R33k

(There's also video on Andy's thoughts on possibility of no fans that I don't know how to share.)

REPORT: 2020 NFL Preseason to be Cut from Four Games to Two

The NFL preseason is reportedly being cut in half from four preseason games to two, according to a report from ProFootballTalk.

PFT's report also says that the scrapped weeks will be Week 1 and Week 4 of the preseason, meaning that the Kansas City Chiefs would lose their matchups against the Cincinnati Bengals and Green Bay Packers. In a unique scheduling quirk, without additional readjustments, this would mean that the Chiefs would play two road preseason games — at the Arizona Cardinals in Week 2 and at the Dallas Cowboys in Week 3 — and no home games.

However, soon after PFT's report, Ben Fischer of Sports Business Journal has reported that the remaining weeks will be rescheduled to allow every team to have one home and one road game in 2020.

At home or on the road, this would also prevent the Chiefs from seeing two much-discussed rookie quarterbacks in the preseason: Cincinnati's Joe Burrow in Week 1 and Green Bay's Jordan Love in Week 4.

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio explained the logic of the bookending games being the ones to take the cut:

"The move was driven by two primary factors. First, teams who will be playing preseason games on the road won’t want to move that many people. Second, given that no teams had on-field practice sessions in the offseason, coaches would rather have the extra time to work with their teams, and that will happen if they don’t have to worry about two extra preseason games.

Already, the Week Four preseason game is worthless (or, more accurately, less worthless than the other preseason games). So it’s really only the loss of one preseason game. And the first preseason game doesn’t typically involve much work from starters, anyway."

This is the first major change that the NFL has made due to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, following the announcement of the cancellation of the NFL's Hall of Fame Game.

Lindsay Jones of The Athletic tweeted her thoughts after the news, seeming to indicate that the entire preseason could be in danger.

While that may seem like a big step — and in many ways, it is — it should be noted that preseason games are, by far, the most logical major events to cancel in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic. Cancelling regular-season games would have substantial impacts both financially and on the 2020 season. If the NFL can be safer by cancelling the entire preseason, that option should certainly be on the table.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:25 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Boy is it a good season to have a stacked roster with very little turnover and the entire coaching staff returning.
Thank the BLM protests for increasing the spread after shutting down for 2 months
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:25 PM 07-01-2020
Boy is it a good season to have a stacked roster with very little turnover and the entire coaching staff returning.

If they play this season.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 05:12 PM 07-01-2020
If I were in charge, I would cut out weeks 2 & 3.
1 & 4 are the most important ones.
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 05:36 PM 07-01-2020
I wonder how the season ticket members are going to be reimbursed? Credit for next year is my presumption.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:46 PM 07-01-2020
Fuck this season. Let the scrubs play. Put Pat & Co. on the shelf until next season.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:52 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Fuck this season. Let the scrubs play. Put Pat & Co. on the shelf until next season.
FUCK YOU!!!!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:03 PM 07-01-2020
I heard players contracts for the 2020 year become fully guaranteed after week 3 of the regular season. Thata gonna cost the owners when this thing peaks in November
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:06 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This season is gonna suck so bad

Indeed. I can't help but believe that (at this point) it's going to be extremely surrealistic..:-)
[Reply]
Otter 06:12 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This season is gonna suck so bad
Yep, we boiled the meat right before the forest ran out of wood.

I knew the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl would precede the zombie apocalypse.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:23 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Thank the BLM protests for increasing the spread after shutting down for 2 months
Now, now we all know that the spread is from Cock suckers, Bar flies and Church goers and the BLM protestors.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:25 PM 07-01-2020
Grrr.
That down vote was meant as a up vote. Sorry
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:49 PM 07-01-2020
They should do this every year
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 07:40 PM 07-01-2020
Looks like NY state just smoked the season for fans

https://www.wkbw.com/news/coronaviru...ssional-sports

There goes my Buffalo trip
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:42 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
**** this season. Let the scrubs play. Put Pat & Co. on the shelf until next season.
nah, we need to 3 peat so we need to repeat first pete
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:11 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
To be expected. In todays NFL players are in shape year around. 2 games is plenty to risk injury at full speed against other teams. They are vanilla offenses and defenses. They put shit in they have no intention to use just to make teams prepare for the plays etc.

A lot of reasons to hate pre-season. #1 reason for me as a season ticket holder was making me pay for 4 practice games at full price.

On top of that....... covid exposure..... fuck that. Keep Mahomes safe.
Yet there are only 2 home games as part of your season tickets.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up