ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 38
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones threatens to Hold Out
Dante84 07:59 PM 06-30-2020
Well shit.

Or I won’t play. @LeVeonBell told me about this

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 1, 2020

UPDATE 7/12/20: Things are looking good!

I'm not saying this means anything, but I'm also not here to tell @RealMNchiefsfan he can't choose to believe. pic.twitter.com/I93PzdsUNm

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) July 12, 2020

UPDATE 7/14: Looks Done!

Breaking: #Chiefs and DT Chris Jones have reached agreement on a contract extension, per @mortreport.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) July 14, 2020

Warpaint69 08:40 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Chris Jones is easily replaceable. In fact with Pennel ,Saunders and Nadi we don't need him.
He's easily replaceable in the run game. Nnadi and the others covered Jones butt quite a few times when Chris vacated his gap assignment. As far as a pass rusher, that's where its not so easy to replace him. In my opinion he's still not a complete player because of his hot and cold playing the run.
redfan 08:40 AM 07-01-2020
Jones will get paid, just not by KC. Thanks for the memories...dude is a baller.
Is it wise to hold out in a season that isn't?
FloridaMan88 08:42 AM 07-01-2020
I never thought the Chiefs could realistically pay Chris Jones what he wants (and probably deserves).

Is trading him for decent value still an option?
O.city 08:49 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
I never thought the Chiefs could realistically pay Chris Jones what he wants (and probably deserves).

Is trading him for decent value still an option?
Shoulda done that before draft

Hell either play on tag or sit
Mecca 09:08 AM 07-01-2020
I wish him luck, the new CBA makes holding out a serious problem for players.
tatorhog 09:10 AM 07-01-2020
That sucks he's getting contract advice from Bell. Might as well take a firearms class from Plaxico Burress while he's at it.

Its pretty apparent that the season very well could be on hold this year, and going forward there is a very real chance of the salary cap not inflating like they think. Some of these guys are trying to eek out every last cent, when the reality of it is, they may be leaving a TON of money on the table when its all said and done. At some point, they need to keep things in perspective. Sure the team owners are next level rich. But even with the peanut salary of $16 million, he could be doing a hell of a lot worse for himself. Kind of hard to legitimately scoff at that number if you ask me. Seems like a risky, and dumb angle to take with the current climate.
Iowanian 09:14 AM 07-01-2020
Player: "Fans should give players undying, never ending support, even if we're 0-16"

Also Players: "If I don't get a billion dollars, I'm outta this shithole"

I've liked Chris Jones and if they can make it work to keep him at a contract that doesn't hold back the team, great. If not....Mahomes needs paid worse than the Chiefs need Jones.
Mecca 09:16 AM 07-01-2020
Players have limited earning time, I don't begrudge anyone for trying to get paid.
DJ's left nut 09:22 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by CervezaChill:
If the chiefs had lost that Texans playoff game with Jones injured, his value would be through the roof. But the fact that the chiefs won playoff games this season without him makes his bargaining value slightly lower.

I also think Taco Charlton is going to surprise this season. Not based on anything, just a hunch.
The Texans game demonstrated his importance, though.

There was a MASSIVE drop off in push up the middle in that game.
DJ's left nut 09:40 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Players have limited earning time, I don't begrudge anyone for trying to get paid.
The only guys who I think should be willing to take a little less are actually the ones who can easily demand the most - quarterbacks.

Their earnings window is so much longer than anyone else's. For someone like Mahomes, he'll have at least 3 'major' contracts. For the vast majority of his teammates, they'll get 1 - if they're lucky.

So if you're Mahomes and over the course of 15 years of 'big' contracts you can make, say, $600 million instead of $750, you've significantly improved the odds of your team putting a competitive product around you. Yes, you took a ton less than you could have, but you're still set up for 3-4 generations in terms of wealth.

But if you're Jones - get while the gettin's good because it's likely the best shot you'll ever have at getting big money.
DJ's left nut 09:41 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I wish him luck, the new CBA makes holding out a serious problem for players.
Has he signed his Franchise tender?

If not, he isn't 'holding out' under the terms of the CBA. He's not technically under a contract yet.
The Franchise 09:43 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

If not, he isn't 'holding out' under the terms of the CBA. He's not technically under a contract yet.
No.

And you’re correct. This doesn’t harm him any other way than him missing out on a years worth of money.
Mecca 09:44 AM 07-01-2020

Well that's a good point. I'll say this, I dunno if he has the stones to really hold out, 16 million is a lot more than he's made for his entire career at this point.
gblowfish 09:51 AM 07-01-2020
Welp, I'd trade him to the NFC for draft picks.
BigRedChief 09:51 AM 07-01-2020

Has till July 15th to sign the tender.
Page 7 of 38
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up