ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Getting old sucks
O.city 09:56 AM 06-27-2020
Age has really been hitting me a bit lately. I know I know I’m not that old, I’ll be 33 next week, that’s not that old.

But I’ve been having some age issues lately. My hair is getting gray, I have to work harder to get loosened up to workout and most recently, I’d been having some weird headaches and issues with my eyes. Primary care physician thought maybe it was sinus pressure so we treated that or maybe it’s an inner ear thing.

She also recommended I have my eyes checked as I hadn’t in a while And I noticed playing golf the other day I had some issues. Always had good vision.

Welp, not anymore. Found out I need glasses now.

Not sure why it’s bothering me so much but it is
[Reply]
bsp4444 11:05 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by seclark:
****, I’d start drinking
sec
I tend to agree. :-)
[Reply]
Otter 11:30 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by seclark:
Turning 60 in December
The aches and pains I can deal with
It’s the constant sitting, laying on my nuts
Or on certain toilets, my sack might hang in the water in the bowl
No fix for that
sec
This is a tad more information than I needed to be aware of.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 11:45 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Start smoking meth, then you won’t need to eat. Problem solved.
Tried that. Turns out there's negative side effects.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:16 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Oh I have that. At 3 AM no matter what. If I work an all nighter at 3AM I get heartburn sitting upright in the sprayer.

Zantac at bedtime fixed it until they nuked Zantac. Now it is Omeprizol.
Try not to take PPIs indefinitely. Several long-term side effects that aren't well known to the public (increased risk of fractures, B12 deficiency, increased risk of pneumonia).
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:20 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Try not to take PPIs indefinitely. Several long-term side effects that aren't well known to the public (increased risk of fractures, B12 deficiency, increased risk of pneumonia).
Yeah. I’ve had talks with my doctor about it.

I’m hoping Zantac comes back to the market sometime soon
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:46 PM 06-28-2020
Just turned 30 this year and haven't noticed any new signs that im getting old. I had a very noticeable receding hair line at 16, have had back pain since I was 17/18, so I started all of that normal old age stuff early. I went to college and played basketball and rode my bike to campus and back (6 miles round trip) pretty much daily and quickly got into the best shape of my life at around 20 years old. Got into a relationship and over the course of about 5 or 6 years gained about 100 pounds, which led to worse back pain and heart burn that would ruin my day. Over the course of the last few years I have lost around 55 pounds which has taken away the GERD, but my back still hurts. Im getting in better shape and doing a lot more, so I'd say at age 30 I feel better than I did from age 21-26.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:48 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
About to turn 50. Had a heart attack four years ago resulting in quintuple bypass. Came back strong, running and biking, had another attack a year after the first one resulting in two stents. A month later had to have my gall bladder removed. Last year, a third heart attack resulting in more stents. I think I’m up to 8 stents.
However, I’m still biking. Did twenty miles earlier this year, 7 miles this morning. All we can do is keep on keeping on.
Sounds like all that biking is trying to kill you. Go the couch potato route and you'll live longer than your great grandkids.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:28 AM 06-29-2020
hahahhaha.

your body hasn't begun to Boof you yet friend.
[Reply]
otherstar 08:34 AM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Age has really been hitting me a bit lately. I know I know I’m not that old, I’ll be 33 next week, that’s not that old.

But I’ve been having some age issues lately. My hair is getting gray, I have to work harder to get loosened up to workout and most recently, I’d been having some weird headaches and issues with my eyes. Primary care physician thought maybe it was sinus pressure so we treated that or maybe it’s an inner ear thing.

She also recommended I have my eyes checked as I hadn’t in a while And I noticed playing golf the other day I had some issues. Always had good vision.

Welp, not anymore. Found out I need glasses now.

Not sure why it’s bothering me so much but it is
Yes, it does. I'm about to turn 50. While only my mustache has much white hair, I've been mostly bald since I was around 20. I've had glasses at 13, and got bifocals at 40. I probably need tri-focals now. Worse: the arthritis in my shoulders from football injuries is starting to get worse and I'm getting it in my hands too (I play guitar, and thankfully it's mostly in my right hand so far).

Getting old isn't for wimps. That's for sure.
[Reply]
synthesis2 08:55 AM 06-29-2020
I'm 48 years old and although not as strong as I was back in my 20's and of course much more sore after certain types of workouts still feel like I can run circles around most 20 year old kiddos...

My bench is only 310lbs but still not bad

and my Murph time ( 20lb weight vest, run a mile, 100 pullups , 200 pushups, 300 air squats, then run another mile) is 52 minutes.

Again, not like when I was 21 years old but I was super active my entire life.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:58 AM 06-29-2020
I'm turning 40 this year.......luckily I'm not turning gray yet but my knees are shot.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 01:19 PM 06-29-2020
I will be 70 July 10th. I smoked 3 packs a day for 35 years and drank to get drunk many days in my 20's and 30's. I retired to Florida ten years ago. I played on a softball team for 5 years, also pickleball and golf. Then in 2016 I had pneumonia and afterwards I couldn't run to 1st base without being out of wind. I saw a pulmonary doctor and he said I had emphysema, so I had to give up softball and pickleball.

I could give you a list of ailments, the worse was in 2017 I had Lymphoma and they removed 3 bumps under my armpit. I have to take cholesterol medicine because I have a stent in my heart, but I became allergic to the pills (statins). They gave me new drug instead, it come in a needle and I have to give myself an injection every two weeks in the stomach. That was fun the first time, sticking a needle into your own stomach.

Overall I feel good. Go to the gym 3 days a week and lift weights and walk the treadmill and play golf every Friday 18 holes, I ride a cart of course.

I would say, take care of you health while you still have a chance. Don't smoke, drink moderate, maybe get drunk just once every week or two. Definitely workout with weights and cardio on the treadmill or walking/running.

That's me second from the left in 1979 (age 29), I was pretty drunk that night, it was a Christmas Party.

Here I am now with a computer photo, a week shy of 70.

[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 01:22 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm turning 40 this year.......luckily I'm not turning gray yet but my knees are shot.
What did you do to them?
[Reply]
lewdog 02:09 PM 06-29-2020
Is that mustache 70 years old too?!?!
[Reply]
srvy 02:22 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I will be 70 July 10th. I smoked 3 packs a day for 35 years and drank to get drunk many days in my 20's and 30's. I retired to Florida ten years ago. I played on a softball team for 5 years, also pickleball and golf. Then in 2016 I had pneumonia and afterwards I couldn't run to 1st base without being out of wind. I saw a pulmonary doctor and he said I had emphysema, so I had to give up softball and pickleball.

I could give you a list of ailments, the worse was in 2017 I had Lymphoma and they removed 3 bumps under my armpit. I have to take cholesterol medicine because I have a stent in my heart, but I became allergic to the pills (statins). They gave me new drug instead, it come in a needle and I have to give myself an injection every two weeks in the stomach. That was fun the first time, sticking a needle into your own stomach.

Overall I feel good. Go to the gym 3 days a week and lift weights and walk the treadmill and play golf every Friday 18 holes, I ride a cart of course.

I would say, take care of you health while you still have a chance. Don't smoke, drink moderate, maybe get drunk just once every week or two. Definitely workout with weights and cardio on the treadmill or walking/running.

That's me second from the left in 1979 (age 29), I was pretty drunk that night, it was a Christmas Party.

Here I am now with a computer photo, a week shy of 70.

You look fit as a fiddle at 70. You are doing it right in your later years.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up