ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Getting old sucks
O.city 09:56 AM 06-27-2020
Age has really been hitting me a bit lately. I know I know I’m not that old, I’ll be 33 next week, that’s not that old.

But I’ve been having some age issues lately. My hair is getting gray, I have to work harder to get loosened up to workout and most recently, I’d been having some weird headaches and issues with my eyes. Primary care physician thought maybe it was sinus pressure so we treated that or maybe it’s an inner ear thing.

She also recommended I have my eyes checked as I hadn’t in a while And I noticed playing golf the other day I had some issues. Always had good vision.

Welp, not anymore. Found out I need glasses now.

Not sure why it’s bothering me so much but it is
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:53 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Hang on to your balls, it doesn't get any better!
That's what seclark would advise as well, based on post 77.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:10 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Maybe was a sapling? Even then I don't think he succeeds.
Yeah it was like in between a sapling and a tree. I had gloves and and anchored myself against some cement and still no dice. Then pop goes the rib. Was such a weird feeling.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:11 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, but how has your center of gravity changed?
Good point. Probably about 10% body fat difference. Skinny fat guy now.

Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Did you get married?
No but I've been with the same gal for 11.5 years.
[Reply]
eDave 02:32 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint:
Buick
:-)

My parents Buick us really nice.
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:33 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You realize trees are pretty much insanely strong right? Like trees win against fast moving vehicles almost every time..you aren't pulling anything out of the ground that's thick enough for you to grab hold of.
i had this problem in my backyard, took a big ass firemans axe and just chopped at it little by little and that bitch came out after a few days of chipping away at it. i have fucked up knee's and legs (was in a wheelchair for about a year and about 2 years before i was able to walk again with out a cane. Im very limited to what i can do outside, it sucks.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:11 AM 06-28-2020
So I was “old” at 17 by your metrics. I guess that explains some things.
[Reply]
Chieficus 05:53 AM 06-28-2020
I hit 40 back in May. I've been bald with a graying beard since my early 30s, so no change there.

I've found that getting married (at 36) didn't pack on the pounds. It was having kids. We had our first foster placement in March '18 and our baby was born in June '19, between March '18 and Christmas '19, I went from 230lbs to 270.

The good news is, the wife and I decided to do something about our weight gains for 2020, and I'm now back down to 237, and I do feel better.

I have reached that age, though, where I work in the yard and then hurt for half a week. And I don't care what they say about kids keeping you young... A 1yo mini me when you're 40 wears you out.
[Reply]
redfan 06:54 AM 06-28-2020
Lol, posts like this at 33? Oof, 40s are gonna be a trial.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:01 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Good point. Probably about 10% body fat difference. Skinny fat guy now.

No but I've been with the same gal for 11.5 years.
I was 180 pounds when I got married. After 27 years-I am not 180 pounds anymore.

When you "settle down" you become comfortable, metabolism changes, lifestyle changes. You put on weight.
[Reply]
2bikemike 07:53 AM 06-28-2020
Hell I think I was in my prime at 33! Still had that 6 pack, full head of hair. I had just gotten out of a mistake of a marriage, was out successfully chasing tail and having the time of my life!

Now that I am 59 I have an athritic shoulder the 6 pack has disappeared and was replaced with a pony keg, that full head of hair is long gone.

Nobody should be complaining about getting old at 33! I think the OP will look back at this at 50 and see it for it's ridiculousness.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:14 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:

Now that I am 59 I have an athritic shoulder the 6 pack has disappeared and was replaced with a pony keg, that full head of hair is long gone.
I say I carry my six pack in one container.

When there is a pregnant woman at school, they are not done until they are bigger than I am. I belly bumped three of them last year.
[Reply]
headsnap 09:15 AM 06-28-2020
getting old can eff the eff off!!!!

I'm 53 and in the best shape of my life! Race Downhill and Enduro MTB, plus BMX, also coach/instruct MTB and BMX. Whenever I feel it catching up to me, I just work harder, on the bike and in the gym... I own a bike shop, it's discouraging seeing people much younger than myself that have given up, at least they are buying bikes and staying a bit active.... motion is lotion, keep moving!

This is me chasing a 25 year old pro and a 32 year old shredder on a practice run for the Enduro World Series Qualifier in Windrock Tennessee earlier this year:

[Reply]
seclark 10:23 AM 06-28-2020
I bought a Buick 2 weeks ago
sec
[Reply]
bsp4444 10:52 AM 06-28-2020
About to turn 50. Had a heart attack four years ago resulting in quintuple bypass. Came back strong, running and biking, had another attack a year after the first one resulting in two stents. A month later had to have my gall bladder removed. Last year, a third heart attack resulting in more stents. I think I’m up to 8 stents.
However, I’m still biking. Did twenty miles earlier this year, 7 miles this morning. All we can do is keep on keeping on.
[Reply]
seclark 10:58 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
About to turn 50. Had a heart attack four years ago resulting in quintuple bypass. Came back strong, running and biking, had another attack a year after the first one resulting in two stents. A month later had to have my gall bladder removed. Last year, a third heart attack resulting in more stents. I think I’m up to 8 stents.
However, I’m still biking. Did twenty miles earlier this year, 7 miles this morning. All we can do is keep on keeping on.
Fuck, I’d start drinking
sec
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up