ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Well guys, looks like I'm F'ed...
gblowfish 08:58 AM 06-26-2020
My friend Scott sent me a link to this story about the NFL owners plan to keep players "safe" from the Rona. It would involve the first eight rows of seats being covered by advertising tarps, which means Ms. B and me would have no seats this season. I called the Chiefs this AM and talked to a ditzy customer service chick "Sorry, I just started this week..hee hee..." and she said the NFL had mandated this, and they're still trying to figure out what to do for ticket holders who are affected. Besides the first eight rows, many other fans will lose their seats too in order to affect "social distancing." I think this whole thing will be a giant cluster F. There's no way they're going to be able to control who sits next to whom and where in Arrowhead. Who gets chosen to keep their seats, and who gets booted? I told ditzy chick that those fans in the first eight rows along the field level will be some of their longest tenured and most loyal fans, because it takes a long time to get enough seniority to get seats in that part of the stadium. She said we'd all be receiving an "official email" once they determine what the policy will be. My feeling is if they play games it will have to be with no fans, period. Just don't see any other way to do it fairly. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...z0-WOKY5t_OPgg
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:59 AM 06-26-2020
You don't want to be in the front row to see them all kneel anyway. Sell those tix and watch last year's reruns.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:34 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
You don't want to be in the front row to see them all kneel anyway. Sell those tix and watch last year's reruns.
Oh the humanity!
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:58 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:

[Reply]
digger 11:59 AM 06-26-2020

[Reply]
Bugeater 12:16 PM 06-26-2020
Sorry George, but if it were up to me, I'd rather you watch the season (provided we even have one) from the safety and comfort of your home, knowing we'll be keeping you around for years to come.
[Reply]
Strongside 12:40 PM 06-26-2020
Friend of mine works in the ticket office. He said the first step they'd take if they had to put social distancing measures into effect (after the tarping of the lower rows) would be to limit attendance to season ticket holders. Single game tickets wouldn't be available unless it were on a very limited basis. They would also cut off all secondary market sales and not allow STH's to transfer tickets. Essentially, they have to be able to contact trace if people get sick in the stadium. At least as best as they can. The only way to do that is to allow attendance from only those whose names are tied to the tickets. I could circumvent this by giving someone my hard STH card for entry, but it sounds like they may not even use those this season if things continue to be weird by then, and instead allow only mobile entry.
[Reply]
wazu 12:52 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Friend of mine works in the ticket office. He said the first step they'd take if they had to put social distancing measures into effect (after the tarping of the lower rows) would be to limit attendance to season ticket holders. Single game tickets wouldn't be available unless it were on a very limited basis. They would also cut off all secondary market sales and not allow STH's to transfer tickets. Essentially, they have to be able to contact trace if people get sick in the stadium. At least as best as they can. The only way to do that is to allow attendance from only those whose names are tied to the tickets. I could circumvent this by giving someone my hard STH card for entry, but it sounds like they may not even use those this season if things continue to be weird by then, and instead allow only mobile entry.
Not allow transfer? Yeah they can fuck right off with that plan.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:56 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Maybe they'll separate the choices by a) Fans who would have sex with Gracie Hunt, and b) Fans who wouldn't because "she looks too much like Clark."
That begs the question of which group you'd fall in.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:39 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Sorry George, but if it were up to me, I'd rather you watch the season (provided we even have one) from the safety and comfort of your home, knowing we'll be keeping you around for years to come.
I’m going to have to agree here. George, you haven’t given a lot of details but you have wrote about some medical Issues keeping you from attending games. I’d like to keep you around past this season. Your a good dude and like reading your posts.
[Reply]
TribalElder 01:51 PM 06-26-2020
I say George should get free seats up in Clarks house
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:52 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
I am royally fucked if there is truth to this.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 02:03 PM 06-26-2020
Thanks China !
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:04 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno:
Thanks China !
There's a nice little cascade of hate going on for them in the Covid thread right now.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:05 PM 06-26-2020
And those seats will never get "uncovered."
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:18 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
That begs the question of which group you'd fall in.
I actually met her at the Twisted Chief BBQ party back in December. She is lovely. And Clay blew his big chance to make his move. I'm old enough to be her grandpa. But Clay should've shot his shot. Oh well, maybe he'll get another chance sometime.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up