ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Well guys, looks like I'm F'ed...
gblowfish 08:58 AM 06-26-2020
My friend Scott sent me a link to this story about the NFL owners plan to keep players "safe" from the Rona. It would involve the first eight rows of seats being covered by advertising tarps, which means Ms. B and me would have no seats this season. I called the Chiefs this AM and talked to a ditzy customer service chick "Sorry, I just started this week..hee hee..." and she said the NFL had mandated this, and they're still trying to figure out what to do for ticket holders who are affected. Besides the first eight rows, many other fans will lose their seats too in order to affect "social distancing." I think this whole thing will be a giant cluster F. There's no way they're going to be able to control who sits next to whom and where in Arrowhead. Who gets chosen to keep their seats, and who gets booted? I told ditzy chick that those fans in the first eight rows along the field level will be some of their longest tenured and most loyal fans, because it takes a long time to get enough seniority to get seats in that part of the stadium. She said we'd all be receiving an "official email" once they determine what the policy will be. My feeling is if they play games it will have to be with no fans, period. Just don't see any other way to do it fairly. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...z0-WOKY5t_OPgg
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:59 AM 06-26-2020
I wouldn't expect this is going to matter in a few months. They're not going to have fans at those games with the way this pandemic is going. The NFL may also even have to come up with some kind of NBA-like plan to even complete a season.
[Reply]
sedated 10:05 AM 06-26-2020
I heard something this week, not sure if it was a legit idea being tossed around or just speculation.

STH won't be able to go to all the games, but will be able to have some sort of choice as to which games they go to. Their tickets will be in the same (or nearby) section they were in before. Seats in those sections will be blocked off for social distancing, but there will still be groups of seats for families that go together.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:07 AM 06-26-2020
The CP should pitch in to buy a giant tarp ad. Just have it say "Horseface can Die in an Aids Tree Fire!"
[Reply]
Lzen 10:14 AM 06-26-2020
I have figured I'm screwed all along. We were first-time season ticket holders last season. So, yeah, we've way down on the totem pole.
[Reply]
scho63 10:25 AM 06-26-2020
I'm not a big fan of lawyers and lawsuits but the fact that they are SELECTIVELY removing complete rows and certain seats is bullshit. You are being discriminated against! Damn Rich privilege! :-)

IMHO it is ALL or NONE.

Either you have all fans or you don't.

I hope they change their mind.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:32 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
I'm not a big fan of lawyers and lawsuits but the fact that they are SELECTIVELY removing complete rows and certain seats is bullshit. You are being discriminated against! Damn Rich privilege! :-)

IMHO it is ALL or NONE.

Either you have all fans or you don't.

I hope they change their mind.
I agree. I just don't see how they can eliminate some fans and do it fairly.
[Reply]
oldman 10:32 AM 06-26-2020
I find it hard to believe there will be any fans in the stadiums this year. With social distancing rules, it would be a logistical nightmare to administer who and where people sit. I suppose you could make some draconian rules about gathering, but all that would go out the window after a cold game in December or January.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:33 AM 06-26-2020
Maybe they'll separate the choices by a) Fans who would have sex with Gracie Hunt, and b) Fans who wouldn't because "she looks too much like Clark."
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:44 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Common sense would say they just push everyone up. Row 8 gets the row 1 fans etc. Lose the top 8 rows.

But, I don't think there is going to be fans in the stands this year anyway. So it may be a moot point.
That might work if all the rows have the same number of seats, but they don't. George's section probably does, but the corner sections certainly do not.
[Reply]
ping2000 10:48 AM 06-26-2020
Face it, Chiefs won the last Super Bowl. It's over.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:51 AM 06-26-2020
Why can't they just move everyone effected to the middle deck that is always empty anyway... =P
[Reply]
DaFace 10:54 AM 06-26-2020
On Terez's Yahoo podcast this week, they discussed this. One of them had talked to an NFL exec who essentially laid out how complicated this would all be even if they're allowed to have 25-50% of people in the stands.

From memory, it was basically...
-What does 6' spacing mean? Are some rows off-limits? For every person? For every family? What's the largest family that can be together? What about non-family households that get their tickets together? And how do you re-program the entire ticketing system to be able to enforce that? What if people get to the game and then don't comply? Do you have a responsibility to enforce it? Measure capacity in lines and in bathrooms?
-What if the rules change? Imagine you'd sold 50% of tickets, and 2 days before a game you have to drop that to 25%? Who stays? Who goes? How do you decide and roll that out in a matter of hours? How do you get that information out to people? How do you deal with tens of thousands of irate people who get kicked out?

In short, the exec said it's probably likely they just won't have fans, lost revenue and all. They just don't have systems in place to deal with this kind of uncertainty.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:54 AM 06-26-2020
Chicago Cubs president was on the radio yesterday saying they're optimistic that 8K fans will be allowed to attend on a per game basis. The logistics of pulling that off seems staggering. Talk about scarcity marketing.
[Reply]
tk13 10:56 AM 06-26-2020
Even though it's outdoors I'd be shocked if there were fans in the stands at all. Things will have to start turning around very, very soon.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:57 AM 06-26-2020
free up Sunday ticket
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up