ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2492 of 3903
« First < 1492199223922442248224882489249024912492 249324942495249625022542259229923492 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:58 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
There's always one at every gym. Guess Pete is proud of his status. At least he doesn't deny it.
Feel free to take this the wrong way.... but are you gay? Who the hell doesn’t check women out at a gym?
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:12 PM 07-01-2020
Can't say I am surprised.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/alabama-st...ry?id=71552514

Originally Posted by :
Alabama students throwing 'COVID parties' to see who gets infected: Officials

Students in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 have been attending parties in the city and surrounding area as part of a disturbing contest to see who can catch the virus first, a city council member told ABC News on Wednesday.

Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry said students have been organizing "COVID parties" as a game to intentionally infect each other with the contagion that has killed more than 127,000 people in the United States. She said she recently learned of the behavior and informed the city council of the parties occurring in the city.

She said the organizers of the parties are purposely inviting guests who have COVID-19.

"They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot. It makes no sense," McKinstry said. "They're intentionally doing it."

Tuscaloosa Fire Chief Randy Smith told the City Council on Tuesday that he has confirmed the students' careless behavior.

In a briefing to the City Council, Smith expressed concern that in recent weeks there have been parties held throughout the city and surrounding Tuscaloosa County, "where students, or kids, would come in with known positive," according to a video recording of the meeting obtained by ABC affiliate station WBMA in Birmingham.

"We thought that was kind of a rumor at first," Smith told the council members. "We did some research. Not only do the doctors' offices confirm it but the state confirmed they also had the same information."

[Reply]
petegz28 08:13 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Can't say I am surprised.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/alabama-st...ry?id=71552514
But are they doing it in a bar????? :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:17 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
But are they doing it in a bar????? :-)

Yeah, I know I was dumb and crazy at that age but I would like to think I wasn't this dumb and crazy. :-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:03 PM 07-01-2020
Yeah, I know I was dumb and crazy at that age but I would like to think I wasn't this dumb and crazy. :-)
Well I mean COVID19 is less dangerous to that age group than the flu so I mean they are just selfish.... not really endangering themselves honestly
[Reply]
petegz28 10:35 PM 07-01-2020
Agree or not, I thought this was funny...

[Reply]
DaFace 10:45 PM 07-01-2020

You'll just say I have a stick up my ass, but that doesn't even make sense. The importance of masks increases as the number of infections grows.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:43 PM 07-01-2020
We are gonna top 50k new cases today. I think increased testing has a lot to do with it. I saw that in JoCo tests results are getting delayed because the labs are swamped. So that's a good thing. The other good thing is it is still looking like cases and deaths are going in opposite directions. Fingers crossed that we see that continuing.
Someone thinks the rate of testing is growing exponentially.

:-)
[Reply]
alnorth 12:22 AM 07-02-2020
Scary article from an exhausted COVID doctor in Arizona

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/opinio...-catastrophic/
[Reply]
loochy 06:41 AM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Scary article from an exhausted COVID doctor in Arizona

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/opinio...-catastrophic/
Sick people in the hospital are sick. Right now there are more than usual. Got it.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 07:18 AM 07-02-2020

Long time Pete listener, first time replyer.

This is dumb. Masks are like requiring Africans to wear condoms.

You spend too much time on the Internet.

Thanks for having me on.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:20 AM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Sick people in the hospital are sick. Right now there are more than usual. Got it.
It's not that simple.

Staffing shortages are real and so is the burnout from treating COVID patients. Weeks/months with no days off. Spending entire shifts in full PPE is exhausting for everyone. ICU nurses are being asked to do things rarely done before as instead of treating 1-2 patients they are being asked to treat up to 4 patients at a time. I have a friend who worked a 12 hour night shift as an RN at the largest hospital in AZ on the ortho trauma floor. She had no CNA her entire shift. She was the sole caregiver for 7 patients. That's NOT normal for an RN in a hospital. It's stretching the quality of care by every means possible. One hospital network has brought in 200 out-of-state contract nurses to help but it's very hard to juggle daily changes in staffing/equipment needs when you are running hospitals near capacity, which is not normal either. Respiratory therapy is the other big shortage as ventilator patients increase. Training nurses or other disciplines to run them is scary and again just increases staff workload, thus providing lower quality of care.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:26 AM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Someone thinks the rate of testing is growing exponentially.

:-)

Mid May the turn around times for results were pretty quick, like 24-48hrs, now we are back to the same time frames as we were during the lockdown. Most people are getting their results back in a week or more because we have so much more infections.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:28 AM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
It's not that simple.

Staffing shortages are real and so is the burnout from treating COVID patients. Weeks/months with no days off. Spending entire shifts in full PPE is exhausting for everyone. ICU nurses are being asked to do things rarely done before as instead of treating 1-2 patients they are being asked to treat up to 4 patients at a time. I have a friend who worked a 12 hour night shift as an RN at the largest hospital in AZ on the ortho trauma floor. She had no CNA her entire shift. She was the sole caregiver for 7 patients. That's NOT normal for an RN in a hospital. It's stretching the quality of care by every means possible. One hospital network has brought in 200 out-of-state contract nurses to help but it's very hard to juggle daily changes in staffing/equipment needs when you are running hospitals near capacity, which is not normal either. Respiratory therapy is the other big shortage as ventilator patients increase. Training nurses or other disciplines to run them is scary and again just increases staff workload, thus providing lower quality of care.
Just curious if layoffs added to this? I know there were layoffs and such in AZ at hospitals like there have been pretty much everywhere else. Banner Health comes to mind but I don't know how big they are.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
petegz28 07:29 AM 07-02-2020
Mid May the turn around times for results were pretty quick, like 24-48hrs, now we are back to the same time frames as we were during the lockdown. Most people are getting their results back in a week or more because we have so much more infections.
You mean because we have so much more testing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 2492 of 3903
« First < 1492199223922442248224882489249024912492 249324942495249625022542259229923492 > Last »
Up