ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 44
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:33 PM 11-22-2019
Why are they bothering to make a truck if it's not going to be aimed at the working class?
[Reply]
BWillie 01:37 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It doesn’t have a receiver hitch.

I don’t know how the hell this thing is hooked on, but I don’t think it’s a receiver.

I'm sure Elon just forgot about that. It pops our or slides out or something.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:39 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Why are they bothering to make a truck if it's not going to be aimed at the working class?
It looks like it's aimed at hipsters, gamers, posers. Kind of your new age REI member group.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:40 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
So Elon threw something at the windows to prove how durable they supposedly are....and they broke. :-) :-)

"Oh my ****ing God..."

That was the entire point. And they have nothing to hide. On a typical vehicle, at least for the side windows, that ball would have went all the way through the windows.

The truck is ugly, no doubt, but it is a game changer especially for companies with fleets of trucks needed. The cost of ownership and value of such a truck especially with companies that understand the economics. Just so so so much value.

I was floored how cheap it is. I thought the price tag was going to be at least 80k starting out.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:42 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's easily at a working class price point? I don't understand. I think for some guy named Leroy from Harrisonville he will call it gay and stuff, but eventually they will adopt it due to the sheer value it adds to their lives. But my guess is they will really succeed in the commercial vehicle market.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 01:45 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That was the entire point. And they have nothing to hide. On a typical vehicle, at least for the side windows, that ball would have went all the way through the windows.

The truck is ugly, no doubt, but it is a game changer especially for companies with fleets of trucks needed. The cost of ownership and value of such a truck especially with companies that understand the economics. Just so so so much value.

I was floored how cheap it is. I thought the price tag was going to be at least 80k starting out.
You're right that is still impressive & does offer security as it shows that it would be very hard to smash the window & get to something or someone inside. However it sounds like they were really expecting it to bounce right off & not leave a mark.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...045442187.html

Originally Posted by :
While no one would expect most standard windows to stand up to a test like this, even Elon seemed surprised by the results. "We threw wrenches, we threw everything," he said on stage. "We even literally threw a kitchen sink at the glass, and it didn't break. For a little weird reason it broke now, I don't know why."

[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 01:47 PM 11-22-2019
it looks like an N64 polygon
[Reply]
notorious 01:49 PM 11-22-2019
It's easily at a working class price point? I don't understand. I think for some guy named Leroy from Harrisonville he will call it gay and stuff, but eventually they will adopt it due to the sheer value it adds to their lives. But my guess is they will really succeed in the commercial vehicle market.
It has my full attention. Place my 2500 body on that drivetrain and I will have damn near the perfect work vehicle.

I will have to see how they hold value before committing since I trade in new every 2 years.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:00 PM 11-22-2019
Have you priced pickups lately?

30 will get you a 3 year old 30K half ton that doesn't have warranty at a LT or maybe LTZ trim package.

notorious is driving a 3/4 diesel. I don't know what trim package he had - and that definitely matters, but I'd bet he's in the neighborhood of 60K if he bought it new.

I don't mean to speak out of turn for notorious, but those are the numbers I've found.
Ok, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that you could buy almost 2 Chevys or whatever for that price.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:05 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Ok, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that you could buy almost 2 Chevys or whatever for that price.
Yeah, new 2500 Diesels are damned high dollar.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:06 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
It has my full attention. Place my 2500 body on that drivetrain and I will have damn near the perfect work vehicle.

I will have to see how they hold value before committing since I trade in new every 2 years.
You better see how they hold up before you buy one.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:11 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I agree with the take that this is thoroughly a Gen X product. This is what every 80s movie depicted what cars of the future would look like.
Hey, I'm Gen X and I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10 foot pole.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:18 PM 11-22-2019
Yeah, new 2500 Diesels are damned high dollar.
Yeah, I walk by the Ford dealership here a lot of times on morning break. It's astonishing how high some of those trucks are priced. I'll just keep my old 03 F-150 thank you very much.
[Reply]
-King- 02:19 PM 11-22-2019

No the window wasnt supposed to do that. And yeah it performed a lot better than any other car window, but no it wasn't supposed to crack/break like that.
[Reply]
limested 02:27 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
As with most things Tesla, I'm more excited about what this will force OTHER companies to do in reaction than I am about the Tesla truck itself. Hopefully someone else out there will be able to get close to their specs and price while bringing it at least a LITTLE closer to a traditional design.

https://rivian.com/r1t/
[Reply]
Page 8 of 44
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up