ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 44
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:18 PM 11-22-2019
Ugly space shit looking thing.
[Reply]
srvy 12:30 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
I don't know how anyone who uses a truck for anything useful aside from hauling your boat or RV can think that design is remotely close to functional.

Where do you put the toolbox, since the bed wall is so slanted? What if you need to grab something that's up at the front of the bed? In a regular truck you can just reach over - good luck with that with the Cybertruck. Feeding cows in the winter - usually one guy drives and the other sits on the bedwall and chucks the hay every 40 yards or so. Can't do that on the slanted bedwall, especially if it's wet and icy. You sideload? Gonna be a PITA. Also, why can't you have a flat roof? Sometimes it's nice to just stick your lemonade/drink up there while your digging post holes or tightening fence lines.

I do like the high clearance and no drive train though. Doing irrigation work in Utah can be hell on a normal ICE drive train when you're crossing irrigation ditches and banging your drive train on a rock all the time.

Function before form, Elon!
Yeah this is my problem with the damn thing. Its obvious Elon didn't gather any input from people who use pickup trucks for the intended purpose maybe his next generation will get it right. Does look like it would make one hell of a lunar rover though.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:38 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah this is my problem with the damn thing. Its obvious Elon didn't gather any input from people who use pickup trucks for the intended purpose maybe his next generation will get it right. Does look like it would make one hell of a lunar rover though.
I guess the question is whether they can eventually adapt this to be more functional. As I think about it, this thing seems more suited to people who are otherwise considering a Range Rover than people who are considering a work truck. We have just assumed this would target the latter, but it's not really that kind of "truck."
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:46 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I guess the question is whether they can eventually adapt this to be more functional. As I think about it, this thing seems more suited to people who are otherwise considering a Range Rover than people who are considering a work truck. We have just assumed this would target the latter, but it's not really that kind of "truck."
Then it's not a truck, it's an SUV.

It's a truck for people who don't actually want or use a truck.

Which IMO, is really fucking bad marketing.

Now people will only talk about what it isn't instead of what it is. Which is what we're doing right now. Had they just pegged it as a Truck/SUV hybrid or an SUV i don't think there'd be as much scrutiny.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:56 PM 11-22-2019
Looks like something you’d drive around in Halo
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:57 PM 11-22-2019
Wow. That thing is not a pick-up.

I don't think Elon knows anything about the pick-up market and the people that buy them.

Plus, most of the accessories people want such as tool boxes, etc. aren't going to fit in that thing.
[Reply]
TLO 12:58 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
It looks like a rejected vehicle design from Halo.
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Looks like something you’d drive around in Halo
[Reply]
TLO 01:01 PM 11-22-2019
From the article in the OP
Originally Posted by :
And the top of the line variant, starting at $69,900, will go more than 500 miles between charges, hit 60 mph in under 60 seconds, tow up to 14,000 pounds, and start production in late 2022.

[Reply]
New World Order 01:04 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
:-)

My bad man
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:04 PM 11-22-2019
Maybe that's not what the actual product will look like, so I'll reserve my final judgement on that thing.
[Reply]
TLO 01:05 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
:-)

My bad man
Great minds think alike.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:14 PM 11-22-2019
If it can pull my 5th wheel camper with a loaded trailer or boat behind it and recharge as quick as I can fill up. Then it would be worth looking into.

Needs to produce ho and torque specs of a modified 6.7 Cummins diesel. To be considered valid.

Otherwise it’s a skinny jeans, white sun glasses tribal ban tattoo dbag truck.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:25 PM 11-22-2019
I think what I saw in LA is this thing: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/31/take...mann-king.html

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:32 PM 11-22-2019
Marty McFly and Doc Brown approve!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:32 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I think what I saw in LA is this thing: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/31/take...mann-king.html

Maybe you didn’t get a good look because the stealth technology is well done. Probably lucky you saw it at all.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 44
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up