ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 44
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:58 AM 11-22-2019
That truck is really ugly.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 09:00 AM 11-22-2019
Looks like it belongs on the moon.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:01 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Ummmm....have you priced trucks lately? 30-40k is cheap
FYP
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:03 AM 11-22-2019
Musk should work on making his car business profitable before he decides to build the ugliest truck in history.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 09:33 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Looks like it belongs on the moon.
I get that same kind of Lunar Rover vibe. I don't hate it like some others. I think in that first pic Buehler posted where the trunk is covered it looks neat. Very futuristic. Not sure I'd want it to be my daily driver though
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:38 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
They really fucked this up. I love how crazy Musk is, his brand, but they should have stuck to a similar design language with their other vehicles (which is great).
I tend to agree. Had he gone the route of making it look like something most of us drive these days, he might of hit one out of the park. If it can tow a boat, carry some lumber or mulch, and make it through the woods during deer season, and go 300-400 miles between charges, a hell of a lot of consumers in the 14-18mpg "F150/1500" crowd would probably be all over it.

But yeah, it filling the roles that the F250/2500 "farm" crowd does seems like a huge leap.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:06 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Ummmm....have you priced trucks lately? 30-40k is normal.
Have you priced pickups lately?

30 will get you a 3 year old 30K half ton that doesn't have warranty at a LT or maybe LTZ trim package.

notorious is driving a 3/4 diesel. I don't know what trim package he had - and that definitely matters, but I'd bet he's in the neighborhood of 60K if he bought it new.

I don't mean to speak out of turn for notorious, but those are the numbers I've found.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:11 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I tend to agree. Had he gone the route of making it look like something most of us drive these days, he might of hit one out of the park. If it can tow a boat, carry some lumber or mulch, and make it through the woods during deer season, and go 300-400 miles between charges, a hell of a lot of consumers in the 14-18mpg "F150/1500" crowd would probably be all over it.

But yeah, it filling the roles that the F250/2500 "farm" crowd does seems like a huge leap.
Eh, I don't know, I think it said it had an air suspension and electric can produce torque far more efficiently than gas or diesel, braking shouldn't be a problem with an electric, as long as the frame and lugbolts and shit can hold itself together (/not an engineer), it makes good sense for a pickup. I can't make the leap for tractors, but I can get there on pickups.

At least mine, that I run in the garage at night, and 75% no payload except 700 lb or so of tools and a compressor.
[Reply]
notorious 10:11 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
They couldn't deliver on a 35k mainstream sedan that would have a lot higher volume. There's no reason to think that 39k model truck will ever sell.

Also, Trucks and SUVs are where vehicle companies can currently make good margins. If you wanted to go against the grain on that, I'm not sure you picked a design that lines up with mainstream volume. :-)
If they can make a 2500 electric that does the work of my current truck I will be all over it.

Infinite torque, no maintenance, self-driving. Good lord that would be awesome.

Someday they will, I am highly skeptical of this deal.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:13 AM 11-22-2019
EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to be on the bleeding edge of a fucking pickup on the farm, I keep lower miles pickup for my wagon strictly because I don't want to fuck around with breakdowns. It just needs to run. So I'm a long way from ordering one, but on the surface it makes sense if it can do the same things mine can.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:14 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
If they can make a 2500 electric that does the work of my current truck I will be all over it.

Infinite torque, no maintenance, self-driving. Good lord that would be awesome.

Someday they will, I am highly skeptical of this deal.
On my end it needs to hold together on shit roads and be able to live in dirt. I too would be all over it. But like I said, I'm not willing to risk much on my Daily farm pickup.
[Reply]
notorious 10:15 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
FYP
The local dealership put out an incorrect ad and web info that put Chevy 1500 LTZ crew cab gassers at 38k. My fingers smoked trying to dial the phone.

My salesman laughed and told me about the mishap. Said he had 10 calls in the first hour of work that Monday.

Damn.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:17 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I can't believe people are conditioned to think 40k for a vehicle is a good deal.
that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:17 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
The local dealership put out an incorrect ad and web info that put Chevy 1500 LTZ crew cab gassers at 38k. My fingers smoked trying to dial the phone.

My salesman laughed and told me about the mishap. Said he had 10 calls in the first hour of work that Monday.

Damn.
:-)

I'm such a fucking cheapskate.
[Reply]
notorious 10:18 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
On my end it needs to hold together on shit roads and be able to live in dirt. I too would be all over it. But like I said, I'm not willing to risk much on my Daily farm pickup.
Imagine my friend: no transmission, brakes that last forever, no injector/plug replacements.

I’m afraid they will go very light on the frame to increase range. No good on a work pickup.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 44
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up