ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 44
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:43 PM 07-01-2020
I put down my $100 option on one. Maybe I can flip it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:21 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
I put down my $100 option on one. Maybe I can flip it.
It does look like it might have a high center of gravity.
[Reply]
prhom 09:54 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm not surprised that Tesla fared poorly - though they are good about fixing things, they're well known for having lots of little issues. I'm more surprised at Dodge and Kia topping the list. That's...hard to believe.
I have had a 2006 Dodge Durango for the last 10 years and that thing might be the best, most reliable vehicle I’ve had. Very underrated for as reliable and low-maintenance as it’s been. My newer 2017 Ram 2500 has had a bunch of recalls and warranty work already so they aren’t all made so well, at least those repairs didn’t cost anything!
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:55 PM 07-01-2020
Eh, maybe. IF they can get electric trucks worked out, they'll likely be very competitive. In an industry in which the bottom line rules, the cheap cost of electricity and low maintenance would be a huge bonus.
They are not low maintenance really. They are worse for the environment when you calculate that the batteries cannot be truly disposed of or recycled. Look at how bad the Prius and others like it are for the planet.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaFace 10:18 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
They are not low maintenance really. They are worse for the environment when you calculate that the batteries cannot be truly disposed of or recycled. Look at how bad the Prius and others like it are for the planet.

You're uninformed on this. You can find all sorts of information if you care to look for it, but here's one that took 5 seconds of Googling to find. While manufacturing processes do create environmental impacts (which is true of any product), the only way an EV will ever be worse for the environment than a gas vehicle is if you just ignore tailpipe emissions entirely (and even then, EVs aren't MUCH worse than gas vehicles).

On top of that, EVs get cleaner over time. On the manufacturing side, that's due to better efficiencies and innovation. (Remember that EVs are really still in their infancy, so manufacturing is improving rapidly.) On the use side, it's also being driven by the fact that the power grid is rapidly getting cleaner due to more wind, solar, etc. being added.

So in short, the argument that EVs are worse for the environment has always been BS, but it's becoming even more BS as time goes on.
[Reply]
Munson 10:28 PM 07-01-2020

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:00 PM 07-01-2020
Eh, maybe. IF they can get electric trucks worked out, they'll likely be very competitive. In an industry in which the bottom line rules, the cheap cost of electricity and low maintenance would be a huge bonus.
Until California taxes the duck balls out of electricity. Because California.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:13 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

Cost of ownership is way way less on a Tesla than a ICE. I have both. Trust me. Look up Tesla Loop study. The cost of ownership and maintenance required was very little.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:13 AM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Until California taxes the duck balls out of electricity. Because California.
Don't Californians already have some of the highest electric rates in the country? i think they pay the 7th highest rate in the country due to all the stupid regulations the state puts on to ensure electric utilities get a minimum amount of $$ for electricity use.

P.S the cybertruck is ugly AF.
[Reply]
R Clark 07:31 AM 07-02-2020
You're uninformed on this. You can find all sorts of information if you care to look for it, but here's one that took 5 seconds of Googling to find. While manufacturing processes do create environmental impacts (which is true of any product), the only way an EV will ever be worse for the environment than a gas vehicle is if you just ignore tailpipe emissions entirely (and even then, EVs aren't MUCH worse than gas vehicles).

On top of that, EVs get cleaner over time. On the manufacturing side, that's due to better efficiencies and innovation. (Remember that EVs are really still in their infancy, so manufacturing is improving rapidly.) On the use side, it's also being driven by the fact that the power grid is rapidly getting cleaner due to more wind, solar, etc. being added.

So in short, the argument that EVs are worse for the environment has always been BS, but it's becoming even more BS as time goes on.
You are pretty rational guy and I enjoy reading your posts but your way off base on this power supply. I have a couple of windmills on some of my land and I’d advise you to do some research before you believe in them. If it wasn’t for govt subsidies they wouldn’t be a thing, I’ll go on cashing the checks but it’s a joke. I’ve also spent a good chunk of my life building power house’s of all kinds , while we’ve cleaned coal up it must not be good enough as we couldn’t get permits to build a new one here in Ks . They won’t build any new nukes so I don’t know where all this new energy is going to come from if they shut the oil down. I can damn sure promise you it ain’t coming from solar or wind, no matter how much of that smoke they want to try and blow up your ass.I also have oil production and if shit don’t change pretty quick all of are oil producers are going to be broke at these prices.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 07:45 AM 07-02-2020
I really want to buy one of these, but I don’t know if I can get over how ugly it is.
[Reply]
synthesis2 07:50 AM 07-02-2020
We put a $100 deposit on the dual motor Cybertruck.

Here is the deal with Tesla, yes its great you don't need gas and when we purchased our model 3 dual motor last year our electric bill only went up about $8-15 per month vs. $200 plus we payed each month for gas for the wife Porsche Cay...

With that said once she purchased it and we got to drive it around a while its absolutely amazing. The crazy thing about Teslas is that they become better the longer you own them. They continue to add new features to them every couple of months that actually make them a better car!!?

I mean how many other autos are being made that add new features that are downloaded into your car as the year goes on?

I wasn't sold on Tesla before owning one but now my wife said the only car she wants from now on is a Tesla. They are really amazing auto's and if you haven't owned one that its hard to explain.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:13 AM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
You are pretty rational guy and I enjoy reading your posts but your way off base on this power supply. I have a couple of windmills on some of my land and I’d advise you to do some research before you believe in them. If it wasn’t for govt subsidies they wouldn’t be a thing, I’ll go on cashing the checks but it’s a joke. I’ve also spent a good chunk of my life building power house’s of all kinds , while we’ve cleaned coal up it must not be good enough as we couldn’t get permits to build a new one here in Ks . They won’t build any new nukes so I don’t know where all this new energy is going to come from if they shut the oil down. I can damn sure promise you it ain’t coming from solar or wind, no matter how much of that smoke they want to try and blow up your ass.I also have oil production and if shit don’t change pretty quick all of are oil producers are going to be broke at these prices.
Okay boomer
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:15 AM 07-02-2020
I went ahead and pre ordered one today.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:21 AM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
In Georgetown, Texas they've made a huge investment, with Government assistance, in Solar power and their electric rates actually went UP!

https://energynews.us/2019/11/05/sou...-a-texas-town/
[Reply]
Page 27 of 44
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up