ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 44
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:38 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Eh, I don't know, I think it said it had an air suspension and electric can produce torque far more efficiently than gas or diesel, braking shouldn't be a problem with an electric, as long as the frame and lugbolts and shit can hold itself together (/not an engineer), it makes good sense for a pickup. I can't make the leap for tractors, but I can get there on pickups.

At least mine, that I run in the garage at night, and 75% no payload except 700 lb or so of tools and a compressor.
If he produced an electric GMC 1500 SLT with 500 mile range, I'm there too. But I might wait for them to put a different body on it.
[Reply]
frozenchief 03:43 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Cool. I've only passed through Anchorage briefly, so I know little about it. The southeast peninsula seemed interesting to me, and maybe not as cold if one lived there. I find the area intriguing.
Southeast isn't as cold, but it is far cloudier. Juneau, for example, is cloudy over 300 days a year. I've been to Juneau more times than I can count, and I think it is gorgeous and I love the people but I also think I'd have a hard time living there.

Right now is generally a cloudy time of year. Seems that by mid January it starts getting a lot sunnier, but the low-lying clouds aren't around to keep in heat so it actually get colder as it gets sunnier. But a bright sunny day with lots of fresh new snow is a great day. And the nights with the aurora spread out against the sky and the stars seem so close that you want to reach up and pluck them from the sky? Can't get it anywhere else.
[Reply]
carcosa 03:53 PM 11-22-2019
Elon Musk sucks lol
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:17 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
If he produced an electric GMC 1500 SLT with 500 mile range, I'm there too. But I might wait for them to put a different body on it.
Eh, I'm not huge on the 19 bodies, so whatever. I don't really care about how "cool" things are. I'm very much a value guy. Factors that affect my value calculation:

1. Reliability - Fat boy doesn't do downtime. Especially during the busy season.

2. Functionality - Speaks for itself. I have a toolbox, a set of drawers in the cab, and a compressor. I'm to the point where I really can't do without any of it.

3. Maintenance - I do enough maintenance on machines that actually make me money. I'm not jumping up and down to do more.

4. Cost per mile - both on operation and trade
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:18 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
I live in Palmer but work in Anchorage. Right now, it's wet and sloppy and can't really decide if it wants to snow or rain, which is pretty crappy.
I would pay material dollars to get wet and sloppy around here.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:49 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by limested:

https://rivian.com/r1t/
They have already had trouble with this in testing. When they went through wet roads they had motor and connection failures. When they went through creeks or areas with 6" to 8" of water they had battery failure. Although what do you expect from a Ford backed vehicle.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:52 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
They have already had trouble with this in testing. When they went through wet roads they had motor and connection failures. When they went through creeks or areas with 6" to 8" of water they had battery failure. Although what do you expect from a Ford backed vehicle.
And this is why electric pick ups are empirically stupid.
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:11 PM 11-22-2019
What makes it cyber?
[Reply]
DaFace 05:25 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
What makes it cyber?
Branding.
[Reply]
KCTitus 05:46 PM 11-22-2019
What makes it cyber?
what makes it a truck?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:09 PM 11-22-2019
What makes it cyber?
Uh, the character of the truck is that is all electric from the batteries, servos, motors that are on every level of the vehicle from propulsion and steering to the gauge cluster and entertainment all of which is controlled by at least one computer making millions of decisions every second.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:25 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Lemme guess, when you were a kid you could get a truck for a nickel?
$2500

just like most of the muscle cars, too.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:33 PM 11-22-2019
What makes it cyber?
It sends filthy texts to your spouse while you're driving.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:21 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by underEJ:
Is that true? I had a Chevy Volt and it was exceptional in cold weather, both for running well and for driving in snow and ice. Is that something for which Chevy was just more successful than other electric manufacturers?
Absolutely. I have a Model S and the efficiency of the battery is reduced up to 25% in the winter. But if you have a long range 500 mile battery that is still more than enough distance, and even more distance than you can go in most trucks on a tank of gas.

Much better efficiency in the summer and on longer trips in my experience.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:38 PM 11-22-2019
Does the camping edition come with 3 seashells in lieu of toilet paper?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 44
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up