ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 56
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Breeland Speaks Thread*****
Dante84 06:08 PM 04-27-2018

Remember this guy? �� He’s headed to the Kansas City Chiefs. pic.twitter.com/H9Pqq8jPJS

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 28, 2018

Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 06:34 PM 04-27-2018
285 pound OLB?

Mmmkay.
[Reply]
mcaj22 06:34 PM 04-27-2018
another college dlineman to OLBer project?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:35 PM 04-27-2018
Reid giving a great breakdown live in the OP
[Reply]
RunKC 06:36 PM 04-27-2018
Chris Jones was really good on the edge last year. He slimmed down to 285. Now we pick another guy similar to what he is currently at physically.

Tanoh, Jones and Speaks can all play edge or inside. Lotta versatility there.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:36 PM 04-27-2018
I'm not seeing a whole lot to bitch about. Dude definitely seems to know how to get in the backfield and wreck shit.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:37 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
285 pound OLB?

Mmmkay.
I thought the same but the athleticism of players today is not like it used to be.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:38 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I'm not seeing a whole lot to bitch about. Dude definitely seems to know how to get in the backfield and wreck shit.
People are just way too reactionary on draft day

We were all wanting a DB, but we took a sleeper with the skill set to be a huge steal like Jones. It’s a surprise and a bit of a disappointment, but of course it wasn’t a bad pick.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 06:39 PM 04-27-2018
Super talented and passionate. Like the player and the pick
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:39 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Chris Jones was really good on the edge last year. He slimmed down to 285. Now we pick another guy similar to what he is currently at physically.

Tanoh, Jones and Speaks can all play edge or inside. Lotta versatility there.
Seems that they want a front full of strong dudes who also have some explosion. No pure fatties, but not many frail dudes either.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:39 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Simplicity:
So a project Pick while our cornerback room sucks... aight veach you had me with the Watkins and Hitchens pick ups but this blows my mind
I love it. A GM who takes risks. Use the high picks on positional value. Gladly take a few projects even if a few busts. Hopefully he hits on the "safe" picks in the late rounds better than Dorsey did.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:40 PM 04-27-2018
My draft guide has this to say...

Pros - Speaks played all over the D line at Ol Miss, and he has the blend of size and movement skills to be used in a similar way in the NFL. Good mover for a 300 pounder who locates the ball quickly, and shows outstanding range when when chasing plays in pursuit. Seemingly has upside as a pass rusher, as he typically had no game plan and poor technique, but was still able to disrupt the backfield

Cons - Speaks is very raw. It often looks like he is stepping onto a football field for the first time from a technique standpoint. Shows little as far as hand use goes, gets too upright and often seems to be chasing plays as if he is a linebacker in space. While his football character isnt problematic, he has had multiple ejections, and an off field DUI in 2016

Summary - If he can grasp the technical aspects of the job, he has the upside to be a quality 3 down player as a 5 technique in an odd front, or on the interior, or as an edge setting end in a 4-3

Not too overwhelmed with this at the moment

While I have no problem with building from front to back, his profile isnt really screaming out to me... lotta mehs in there, but he does sound somewhat like a Jones clone with his potential versatility
[Reply]
petegz28 06:40 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
People are just way too reactionary on draft day

We were all wanting a DB, but we took a sleeper with the skill set to be a huge steal like Jones. It’s a surprise and a bit of a disappointment, but of course it wasn’t a bad pick.

I've been saying it all night. Yes, we need a DB but if you don't have a pass rush then no DB in the world is going to win you anything on defense.
[Reply]
Best22 06:41 PM 04-27-2018
He's listed as a "Defensive End" because Ole Miss played a 4-3 defense. He's an EDGE player and an OLB in our defense

We could trim him down and re-transition his weight

I think he's talented and can make an immediate impact, but I still feel it's a bit of a reach
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:41 PM 04-27-2018
what I like is that it appears that they're setting up the three DL spots and two OLB spots as...anybody can literally line up anywhere at any time. You don't know who's where, who's coming, and who's not. I like the idea. Other than I doubt you'd see Houston inside, You could literally see anything else.
[Reply]
Simplicity 06:41 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by thabear04:
He the guy who recovered the fumble and was waving at the camera. Seem like he just love to play football and have fun like chris jones.

https://instagram.com/p/BiGADZQAqs0/
I remember watching this during the CFB season and died laughing. This makes the pick a little more easy to accept.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 56
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Up