ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 199 of 341
« First < 99149189195196197198199 200201202203209249299 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
srvy 06:56 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Do you know of something that could pack lethal and non-lethal rounds? I should have made that clearer in my description (sorry for that srvy). Finances are always a bit tight being teachers so I'd love to find that "goldilocks" shotgun but understand if that's not really feasible with what I'm looking/needing to purchase.

Definitely not against anything with lethal rounds, but would love to have something that could handle less than lethal rounds that could allow my wife and son to get started.
Nothing to be sorry about I misunderstood. But with firearms good gun safety is paramount. If you can teach it as my Grandpa and Dad go for it if not take a course preferably by an NRA instructor. I shot bb guns then pellet till Dad felt I could walk fields for birds and set in deer blinds with Dad or Gramps. I had many targets and clay busting sessions before Dad pulled the trigger on a 20 GA. Only when he saw I finally had proper gun etiquette. Then one Christmas I received a I think it was a 6.5 mm Jap rifle dad bought surplus in a barrel at Kmart. He bought a stock had the bolt reconfigured barrel shortened a bit and sporterized it. I was in Heaven because I knew Whitetail season was an option next season.
[Reply]
ghak99 08:55 PM 06-30-2020
Do you know of something that could pack lethal and non-lethal rounds? I should have made that clearer in my description (sorry for that srvy). Finances are always a bit tight being teachers so I'd love to find that "goldilocks" shotgun but understand if that's not really feasible with what I'm looking/needing to purchase.

Definitely not against anything with lethal rounds, but would love to have something that could handle less than lethal rounds that could allow my wife and son to get started.
I'd look around for a cheap used 870 rem 20ga. You can buy some really cheap light loads, normally used for quail or skeet, to get used to using it while learning/teaching and then keep some heavier home defense loads in it if it's ever needed.

It'll never be a 12ga, but they're a great little gun to learn with.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:49 PM 06-30-2020

Sure. A shotgun can get that done. Just need birdshot (think Dick Cheney) bd buckshot. (Think dead).

I’d go 20 gauge for the wife. And kid to get started.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:51 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I'd look around for a cheap used 870 rem 20ga. You can buy some really cheap light loads, normally used for quail or skeet, to get used to using it while learning/teaching and then keep some heavier home defense loads in it if it's ever needed.

It'll never be a 12ga, but they're a great little gun to learn with.
Agreed.

And Ina. Few years when everyone is comfortable you can get a 12 gauge if you feel like it. My tiny ass non-gun loving wife has shot a 12 gauge and did fine. Recoil might be scary for a first time shooter though.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:05 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Sure. A shotgun can get that done. Just need birdshot (think Dick Cheney) bd buckshot. (Think dead).
Excellent, I thought so but hadn’t ever owned a shotgun. Really loving what I’m reading about the Mossberg Maverick and the 870 rem - thanks to everyone for their input!
[Reply]
bdj23 09:20 AM 07-02-2020
Anyone know how long it takes PSA to restock? Bottom half of the rifle is inbound to my house, but I'd like to complete it with a PSA upper that comes with the charging handle and BCG, but they are ALL sold out.

I can't mill the lower for a few weeks so I have a little time.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:42 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Anyone know how long it takes PSA to restock? Bottom half of the rifle is inbound to my house, but I'd like to complete it with a PSA upper that comes with the charging handle and BCG, but they are ALL sold out.

I can't mill the lower for a few weeks so I have a little time.
They can be slow during the best of times, and these are pretty fucking far from the best of times. Perhaps the demand for gun parts isn't as bad as the demand for assembled guns, and they're flying off the shelves right now like it's Sandy Hook.

A few weeks is probably about right. Hopefully.
[Reply]
Scorp 03:08 PM 07-02-2020
New carry gun. Sig Sauer P320X Compact.

[Reply]
bdj23 03:36 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
They can be slow during the best of times, and these are pretty ****ing far from the best of times. Perhaps the demand for gun parts isn't as bad as the demand for assembled guns, and they're flying off the shelves right now like it's Sandy Hook.

A few weeks is probably about right. Hopefully.
What happens if I say, just slap a 10.5" barreled upper on that bad boy and call it a day?!?! :-)

(Just kidding ATF, I know what happens, you'll execute my doggo)
[Reply]
tatorhog 03:50 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
What happens if I say, just slap a 10.5" barreled upper on that bad boy and call it a day?!?! :-)

(Just kidding ATF, I know what happens, you'll execute my doggo)
my DD has a 10.3" :-)

Its technically a pistol.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:54 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
my DD has a 10.3" :-)

Its technically a pistol.
I've already got the buttstock on order.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:45 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by Scorp:
What did it set you back?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 05:12 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Nothing to be sorry about I misunderstood. But with firearms good gun safety is paramount. If you can teach it as my Grandpa and Dad go for it if not take a course preferably by an NRA instructor. I shot bb guns then pellet till Dad felt I could walk fields for birds and set in deer blinds with Dad or Gramps. I had many targets and clay busting sessions before Dad pulled the trigger on a 20 GA. Only when he saw I finally had proper gun etiquette. Then one Christmas I received a I think it was a 6.5 mm Jap rifle dad bought surplus in a barrel at Kmart. He bought a stock had the bolt reconfigured barrel shortened a bit and sporterized it. I was in Heaven because I knew Whitetail season was an option next season.

Still have, to this day, the 7mm Mauser my old man bought in the 60s at Kmart in a barrel of cosmoline - actually bought 3 of them for $25 each.

He completely refinished them entirely. He kept one, my brother got one and I got one. One of the best shooting rifles I have ever had - and one of the most beautiful as well.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 05:14 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by Scorp:

I have been looking at the 320 in .45....may pull the trigger on one...
[Reply]
Scorp 10:21 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
What did it set you back?
I bought it from a KCMO policeman. $640 never been fired. Not a great deal, but trying to find something at a decent price right now is very rare.
[Reply]
Page 199 of 341
« First < 99149189195196197198199 200201202203209249299 > Last »
Up