ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 324
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:51 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Dee Ford is underappreciated by some fans.

He was a beast this year.
I'd take a few less sacks for a guy who was decent against the run.

It's a lot like Peters was minus the attitude problem. A one trick pony.

Everybody gets enamored with sacks and INT's but there's more to the game, and more to being a well rounded part of a successful unit.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:12 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Dee Ford is underappreciated by some fans.

He was a beast this year.
Underappreciated for what exactly? Being a huge liability against the run? Lining up offsides to ruin our chance at a Super Bowl?
[Reply]
O.city 06:21 PM 01-27-2019
He wasn’t as bad against the run as you guys are making him out to be
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:42 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
He wasn’t as bad against the run as you guys are making him out to be
There was a play in the first quarter of the Colts game where it was a sweep right and a WR literally blocked down on him and ran him completely out of the play.

A ****ing WR. Not even a TE.

He's real bad, man. He just is. All an offense has to do is run at him, and it's money in the bank.

I'm not saying he's a terrible player, I'm just saying he's really one dimensional and a problem in every other area. Those guys can still be useful but not at $15 million plus a year.
[Reply]
Bewbies 06:43 PM 01-27-2019
Dee Ford hits the market he’s getting over $100,000,000.

Tag him, let him play another contract year and then let him walk and get a 3 or tag/trade him next year.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:49 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Dee Ford hits the market he’s getting over $100,000,000.

Tag him, let him play another contract year and then let him walk and get a 3 or tag/trade him next year.
OR tag him and trade him, get a nice 2nd round pick for him, and take that $15 million to FA and sign a nice well rounded NFL player to play DE in a 4-3 as well as draft another one with that 2nd round pick.

Maybe even just trade him straight up for another player that fits your scheme.

You know, so maybe teams can't run for 150 plus yards per game on us.

I don't know why people are so opposed to the idea. Did no one else watch him get destroyed on running plays all season long? Or more to the point, for the last four years?

-and before y'all jump on me- no, I'm not saying he was the sole reason we couldn't stop the run, but he was certainly a part of it. It's just not in his game to be physical at the point of attack. it's just not.
[Reply]
Bewbies 07:18 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
OR tag him and trade him, get a nice 2nd round pick for him, and take that $15 million to FA and sign a nice well rounded NFL player to play DE in a 4-3 as well as draft another one with that 2nd round pick.

Maybe even just trade him straight up for another player that fits your scheme.

You know, so maybe teams can't run for 150 plus yards per game on us.

I don't know why people are so opposed to the idea. Did no one else watch him get destroyed on running plays all season long? Or more to the point, for the last four years?

-and before y'all jump on me- no, I'm not saying he was the sole reason we couldn't stop the run, but he was certainly a part of it. It's just not in his game to be physical at the point of attack. it's just not.
I’d keep him for a 2.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:08 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
I’d keep him for a 2.
and pay him $15 million dollars? **** no.

You just like him as a player, that's cool, but no way he's a 4-3 DE, he can't set an edge and play the run. No way he's a WLB or a SAM, he can't cover or play the run.

SO, you can put him in on 3rd and long. For $15 million dollars.

I'm glad you're not the GM.

Tag him, trade him, take your #2 probably or if you're lucky and a couple teams want him, maybe snag a #1 (but I doubt it). Go sign Brandon Graham, a true 4-3 DE with about $10 million of that, sign a 2nd tier WLB for the other $5 million to compete with O'Daniel, and draft a Jaylon Ferguson with that #2 pick to rotate with Graham and take over for him next year or the next after that. Or, you can have Dee Ford. I mean really, man. What sense does that make? If we're going to overhaul we need to get BETTER. We need GUYS. A few of them.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:16 PM 01-27-2019
I'm telling you I seriously consider it much more likely that Houston agrees to a restructure, turning some of his money into signing bonus to get his cap number reasonable and stays with Ford being tag and trade. I'd say that scenario might be like 50/50. I'd say there's like maybe a 10% chance Ford is here, he's just too fucking expensive for what he offers when we're retooling with a new scheme that he doesn't fit in.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:26 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You seriously underestimate how desperate teams are for pass rushers, even one trick ponies like Ford.
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
guys like him are going to be paid like elite stars on the market this year.

Teams with a tons of cap space and not enough elite players to pay. Thus the next tier gets paid. Enter: Dee Ford.

It's going to be like the NBA offseason from a few years ago when teams were overpaying for bums.
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ford hits the market he ain’t coming back

^^^^^^ Great news all the way around. My plums are jiggling with delight.

TAG AND TRADE. Profit.
If it can be done. If people want THAT level of "service" so bad, then they can put ALL their chips on the table as we rake them in!

There's just too much goddamn WIN going on here.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:29 PM 01-27-2019
13 sacks and 8 forced fumbles while leading the league in pressures.

what's wrong with THAT level of "service"?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:33 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:

It's fine. If he was an average run defender I'd be down with it, but he's not. He's shit against the run. It'd still be fine, if he wasn't going to cost $15 million when we've got about $28 million TOTAL to try to build a defense that doesn't blow goats AND get extensions done for Jones and Hill.

Something's gotta give y'all.

A veteran 4-3 DE that puts up, say 8 sacks BUT plays the fuck outta the run is more help to your defense, especially in playing complimentary football with THIS offense.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:37 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:

Again, how nice of Dee Ford to attain "contributing asset"-status on his way to a contract year! Let's just forget everything that came before, and roll out the Brinks truck!

And then, when he gets paid and injures his little dinky-boo-boo again, you can remind us all of what a great value it was!

Pass.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:38 PM 01-27-2019
It's fine. If he was an average run defender I'd be down with it, but he's not. He's shit against the run. It'd still be fine, if he wasn't going to cost $15 million when we've got about $28 million TOTAL to try to build a defense that doesn't blow goats AND get extensions done for Jones and Hill.

Something's gotta give y'all.

A veteran 4-3 DE that puts up, say 8 sacks BUT plays the fuck outta the run is more help to your defense, especially in playing complimentary football with THIS offense.
Would you pay him "market value" just to be a pure pass rusher? Because that's all he's got.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:46 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Would you pay him "market value" just to be a pure pass rusher? Because that's all he's got.
I don't get it. I just don't understand.

ITS A TALENT PROBLEM, they say, and then they'll pay Dee Ford $15 million to be a situational pass rusher and have NO MONEY to sign proven veterans at other positions of need.

Oh, and you can pick up a nice pick too, probably a #2. so you could draft like, Jaylon Edwards, who's a killer pass rusher that also is a good run defender from Lousiana Tech and a proper RDE in a 4-3.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 324
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Up