ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 50
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***
Coach 09:05 PM 10-29-2018
As the season comes to a close after an awful season, there is a possibility of some hope since the team played better in late August to the end of the season.

Here are all the important dates you need to know for the 2018-19 MLB offseason. Some of them do involve the Royals, such as:

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents (Escobar - good riddance).

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date (Hammel should be declined, resulting $2 million buyout and Peralta should be accepted, resulting $3 million increase to the payroll, and could be future flip for additional minor leaguers if he performs well).

Spoiler!

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible FA the qualifying offer.

Spoiler!

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced (Gordon & Perez).

Spoiler!

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Spoiler!

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. This is typically when all offseason hell breaks loose.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft (could see the Royals taking a stab here).

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures (I believe KC has some arb-eligible players).

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings. You win some, you lose some.

Mid-Feb. : SPRING TRAINING!

As usual, let's have a good off-season discussion on ways that the Royals can/should/would do to improve. I will try to update the OP as the off-season goes along. And Duncan, you're more than welcome to provide us some information that I can add onto the OP. Just let me know.

To see the 2018 Royals thread, go here.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:13 PM 02-23-2019
This guy is going to be fun to watch this year. He's one of the best bunters in baseball and he's learned to stroke the long ball on a regular basis.

Royals' Adalberto Mondesi says he's feeling no pressure
5:01 PM CT
Associated Press

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- The Kansas City Royals have been waiting patiently for Adalberto Mondesi to develop into the player they thought he could be. The time could be now.

The starting shortstop job will be his on opening day with Alcides Escobar departing for Baltimore on a minor league contract.

"Mondesi is a tremendously talented young man," Royals manager Ned Yost said. "We all saw it last year, but he's just scratching the surface of what he's going to be able to accomplish. It's going to be fun I think not only as an organization, but as a city and a fan base to watch him grow."

Mondesi showed a glimpse the last two months of last season how good he can be. He stole 32 bases in 75 games. He is the fourth American League player since 1900 to steal at least 30 bases in 75 games (or less), joining Coco Crisp (2010), Alex Cole (1990) and Larry Lintz (1976).

Since 1974, his 14 home runs and 32 thefts are matched by only six other players in their age 22-or younger season. The others were Mike Trout (2012-13), Hanley Ramirez (2006), Jimmy Rollins (2001), Alex Rodriguez (1998), Sammy Sosa (1990) and Barry Bonds (1986-87).

"No pressure," Mondesi said. "I know what I can do. Thank God I've got all those tools. So I just need to be ready and things are going to happen on the field. Whatever happens is going to happen. I don't have like limits, so I can just go out and play. I know I can do a lot of things."

Mondesi is the only player in history to make his major league debut in the World Series. New York Mets right-hander Noah Syndergaard struck him out as a pinch-hitter on four pitches in the third game of the 2015 World Series. His father, Raul Mondesi, was the 1994 NL Rookie of the Year and played 13 big league seasons but never appeared in a World Series game.

The 20-year-old Mondesi has battled injuries and there was a 50-day suspension for a performance enhancing drug in May 2016. He was the opening day second baseman in 2017, but was overmatched at the plate. After hitting .103 and striking out 16 times in 39 at-bats, he was sent back to Triple-A Omaha.

The Royals believe he is ready now.

"He can be like a superstar," teammate Jorge Bonifacio said. "He's a super talented guy. He can do everything on the field."

Said starting pitcher Ian Kennedy, "He's got power and speed and everything else. He's a game changer, how he can steal bases and how he can swing the bat and hit a homer at any time. He can lay a bunt down. He's a unique player. I'm curious to see how he develops."

Escobar played in all 162 games in three seasons and seldom missed a game.

"I came in with the same mentality, be healthy and just be ready to play every day," Mondesi said.

Like 162 games?

"Let's do it," he said.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:18 PM 02-23-2019
This guy could turn in an MVP performance this year.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:25 PM 02-24-2019
Zimmer threw 1 2/3 scoreless today. Say mid-90s and had the power hook back.

Expect the breakdown any time now... but hope he finally found a way to stay healthy.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:31 PM 02-24-2019
Aaron Brooks got lit up by the Royals in the start. He was one of the pieces that Dane and kcchiefsus were crying about that our trades for the 2015 World Series blew up our farm system. What freaking stupid morons.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:33 PM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Expect the breakdown any time now... but hope he finally found a way to stay healthy.
KEEP

FUCKING

DOUBTING

THE

GLASS

CANNON
[Reply]
RockChalk 12:22 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Aaron Brooks got lit up by the Royals in the start. He was one of the pieces that Dane and kcchiefsus were crying about that our trades for the 2015 World Series blew up our farm system. What freaking stupid morons.
I mean, let's be real, Dane never had a solid sports take here, especially in regards to baseball.
[Reply]
Unsmooth-Moment 01:34 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

The Athletic had a good write up on him a couple of weeks ago. I hope he can stay healthy for a little bit.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:55 PM 02-25-2019
How crazy would it be if bubba and Zimmer stayed healthy and both went crazy this year?

2 hrs today for bubba.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 06:37 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
How crazy would it be if bubba and Zimmer stayed healthy and both went crazy this year?

2 hrs today for bubba.
Exactly what I was thinking. Somehow they both finally put it all together! That would be pure awesomeness!
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:14 PM 02-25-2019

2 hrs today for bubba.
plus 100,000!!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:37 PM 02-25-2019

2 hrs today for bubba.

Incredibly crazy.

If Zimmer doesn’t weirdly become Mr. Glass, 2015, 2016 and beyond look a lot different for KC.

Dude was Verlander 2.0 before the injuries starting setting in. Sat mid-90s, could touch upper 90s when he needed, double-plus wipeout curve, plus slider, solid change.

And Starling... legitimately one of the most impressive athletes drafted in recent years.

Would love for both to see some big-league success, even if it is as a bullpen arm and a 4th OF type.

Starling’s defense is so good, he’ll have a good chance to make it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:01 PM 02-25-2019
I haven’t been paying attention but was told today that Starling is tearing it up & this thread verifies it.

Is it possible?
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:20 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I haven’t been paying attention but was told today that Starling is tearing it up & this thread verifies it.

Is it possible?
He had a couple hits yesterday or the day before. RBI too.

IIRC he was playing pretty well last year before the injury. Fingers crossed.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 06:14 AM 02-26-2019
I think it's time for the Royals to get rid of Brian A. Flynn.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:22 PM 02-26-2019
Bubba today:2-2 2 runs scored 1 rbi 1 bb. 1 double.

Maybe it happens
[Reply]
Page 32 of 50
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up